Author Topic: Clean Racing Mod  (Read 2265 times)

Axarator

Clean Racing Mod: The Ultimate Tool For Server Hosters
Ever wanted Clean Racing to be a feature in WreckFest without the need to deal with rule breakers? Well, with this mod your problem is solved!
Features:
No damage affecting handling, just the more your car gets hit, the less you survive for.
No collisions! Don't collide with rule breakers!
The host is the only one who needs the file!

Works online. This also can affect people trying to have a good time and can be used as a cheat, this is intended for server hosters who don't need to worry.
Download!
Read the readme for installation instructions
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Purple44

But what to stop players form use your mod to cheat online?

There is no protect against mods right now in Wreckfest, like we had in  Flatout 2. There already players saying other players are cheating.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Axarator

There is no protect against mods right now in Wreckfest, like we had in  Flatout 2. There already players saying other players are cheating.
They still die, it's just no damage is visible to them. The collisions are off but moves the car as though they are on.

Mazay

Cool mod. I especially like the partickle effects as you drive through other cars. I did play some single player deathmatch lol.

ps. I couldn't figure out how you could cheat with this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:48:43 PM by Mazay »

Aerotactics

I like it, but since I'm a picky person, I suggest trying to fix that camera shaking that occurs when you pass through another car. To me, its acting like the car wants to take damage, and based on how fast you pass through the car, the camera shakes abruptly and can make it hard to see what you're doing. I also feel like the particle effect shouldn't be there as well, because it also looks like you're taking damage. Lastly, I don't like that there's no damage taken at all. When I hit a wall I want to take damage still.

I think BugBear should add the no-collide option for races. It might also keep AI from avoiding each other even if there's no collision.

I response to Mazay:
The only thing I found was that a disruptive driver could put his car inside of your car and make the camera continuously shake.

Purple44

I response to Mazay:
The only thing I found was that a disruptive driver could put his car inside of your car and make the camera continuously shake.

If mod work online the way it works, you will not have to wait for a good time to pass the leader, just drive through him, like he wasn't there.   :(

GRID 1 had a collision off option. I did not care to use it, because race just become a time trial online. You not really racing just setting the best lap online when you can drive through players. This is not what I call clean racing. And with a game like Wreckfest, why would you want to drive through AI or players online? Where the FUN in that??
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

KazzyMac

They still die, it's just no damage is visible to them. The collisions are off but moves the car as though they are on.
If people are cheating online then it's something the host has modified, because the host/server forces the client to sync (it's why at high ping cars drive funny and collisions become weird). A few weeks ago I was in a server where the host modified the European mini's smallest engine to have 300 BHP. Needless to say driving it was weird and it went crazy-fast (but topped out at 160km/h), but if I was to go modify the mini like that and go into a server and use it, it'd still drive the same as normal.
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Axarator

I response to Mazay:

If mod work online the way it works, you will not have to wait for a good time to pass the leader, just drive through him, like he wasn't there.   :(

GRID 1 had a collision off option. I did not care to use it, because race just become a time trial online. You not really racing just setting the best lap online when you can drive through players. This is not what I call clean racing. And with a game like Wreckfest, why would you want to drive through AI or players online? Where the FUN in that??
I don't understand the fun with that either, however I saw the demand so I made a mod. There is plenty of people wanting a clean racing server.