Author Topic: Custom HUDs  (Read 923 times)

WorldofBay

hey guys,

i wanted to create custom HUDs but i can't find a file for that except hud.mchc what seems to need reverse engineering (which is for many games forbidden).
so if anyone finds something to work with, that'd be nice. or if a dev would be so kind... :)

in the game modes files i can switch between no HUD, racing HUD, derby HUD and of course game crash (because the selected HUD doesn't exist). so somewhere else this must be specified. the problem on the HUD is that it is not separated fom the AI, so if you select a race HUD, then the AI will drive a race. i want a contact timer in a race but in the race HUD doesn't support it and if i change to derby HUD, the AI won't be driving a race any more. so the timer is there but you can't ever see it which will lead to confusion because of unexpected death.

any help is appreciated.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Errol

what seems to need reverse engineering (which is for many games forbidden).

We've already reverse engineered the compression algorithm, the bmap format and most of the scne format.  I'd say we're past the point where it matters ;)

WorldofBay

what seems to need reverse engineering (which is for many games forbidden).

We've already reverse engineered the compression algorithm, the bmap format and most of the scne format.  I'd say we're past the point where it matters ;)

and a big part of gmpl format: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8200.0.html

but i see a difference between file formats/game files and actual code (which mchc seems to be).

but as it's part of the data folder you're probably right
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 06:34:18 PM by WorldofBay »
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...