Author Topic: Flat out 1 savegame problem  (Read 1990 times)

Flatgamer

I tried to move my old Flatout 1 game "savegame" folder to new Steam version Flatout 1 game but my profile does not work. Its not open when i start game.

Old savegame folder is originally recorded Flatout 1 DVD game version about 6 months ago.

Is this normal or not?

Purple44

I wonder if the problem is with the Steam version of Flatout 1. I don't know why, but publisher Empire Interactive decided to go with the v1.0 unpatch version for Steam when Flatout 1 first became available on Steam. :(

I would assume if you installed Flatout 1 from a disk, you either have the Euro v1.1 ( no text chat in LAN mode ) or the US v1.2 ( has 3 line text chat in LAN mode ). I'm thinking a savegame file from V1.1 or v1.2 will not work with the Steam v1.0 of Flatout.

If you patched the Steam version of Flatout 1 to the to the old version you have and then use the correct noCD exe ( v1.1 or v1.2 ) then your old savegame might work with Steam version of Flatout 1.

But I got ask, why use the Steam unpatch version when you already have a better version of Flatout if your old Flatout 1 is version v1.1 or v1.2?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Flatgamer

I wonder if the problem is with the Steam version of Flatout 1. I don't know why, but publisher Empire Interactive decided to go with the v1.0 unpatch version for Steam when Flatout 1 first became available on Steam. :(

I would assume if you installed Flatout 1 from a disk, you either have the Euro v1.1 ( no text chat in LAN mode ) or the US v1.2 ( has 3 line text chat in LAN mode ). I'm thinking a savegame file from V1.1 or v1.2 will not work with the Steam v1.0 of Flatout.

If you patched the Steam version of Flatout 1 to the to the old version you have and then use the correct noCD exe ( v1.1 or v1.2 ) then your old savegame might work with Steam version of Flatout 1.

But I got ask, why use the Steam unpatch version when you already have a better version of Flatout if your old Flatout 1 is version v1.1 or v1.2?

Because this problem: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8155.0.html

Yes I would play a Flatout 1 DVD disc but it does not work on Windows 10 operating system. This is why I bought the steam version

Purple44

Because this problem: http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8155.0.html

Yes I would play a Flatout 1 DVD disc but it does not work on Windows 10 operating system. This is why I bought the steam version

Then I think you out of luck thanks to Win 10.  :(

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Flatgamer

Then I think you out of luck thanks to Win 10.  :(

Yeah! This worked very well for Windows 8.1 operating system but not Windows 10 without possible hack tools.. I do not know what the hack files should be used because there is no clear manual.

Frisker

Yea this is why I'm sticking to Win 7 eternally, I just know that half od my games stop working :P

It's a shame you can't get it working any other way than steam which is the unpatched version :/ So cracks don't work, you could try manually apply the update to it and try. Probably wouldn't work, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Or just revert back to windows 7 :P

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM