Author Topic: Anyone remember the tracks from Driven to Destruction?  (Read 2865 times)

TrapGod

Driven to destruction had some mad game modes, my best was elimination and suicide race.

Elimination is where you had to get from one part of the track to the other, last would be disqualified! was mayhem!

Suicide was a huge oval, double the size of the normal oval in WR, 2 teams and one team drove one way the other drove the other way.
you could drive head into people but there has to be a winner, never really was one :D

-Trap
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:17:34 AM by Majatek »
Intel Core i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70ghz
Nvidia Geforce 740 2gb GPU (OC)
8gb Samsung DDR3
Corsair 600w PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit OS

conso1727

Believe me, you are not the only one hoping for a new Driven To Destruction.

WorldofBay

i've read this game so often here now that i start to wonder if the flatout fans are a minority...
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Daystar

i've read this game so often here now that i start to wonder if the flatout fans are a minority...

This should also be posted in "Other Games".
perhaps one of our mods can move it to it's appropriate location.

And guys (mostly the new ones), please consider searching for keywords, so that we do not have a gazillion different threads about the same thing.
and on that note, Have a great weekend guys!

TrapGod

Dude that game was the BEST! Monster Games needs to get the spanner in the works bro!
8gb Samsung DDR3
Corsair 600w PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit OS

sam223

Driven to destruction was great. Lots of gamemodes including fun/stupid ones. Lots of locations with a oval and fig 8 at each,long and short versions. Loads of a semi realistic suitable cars and custom paint jobs.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BrianUK

Dude that game was the BEST! Monster Games needs to get the spanner in the works bro!

I don't think that means what you think it means....

OT: I'd actually never heard of DtD until I started using this forum.

conso1727

What I mean is "Heck yea! Driven to Destruction is awesome, a seriously underrated game, that needs a remake!"

TrapGod

Driven to destruction was great. Lots of gamemodes including fun/stupid ones. Lots of locations with a oval and fig 8 at each,long and short versions. Loads of a semi realistic suitable cars and custom paint jobs.

I was playing it today bro, i had lots of fun. wish Monster Games would make another one! who knows they might?
8gb Samsung DDR3
Corsair 600w PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit OS

TrapGod

Yeah my apologizes, realized after saying it.
8gb Samsung DDR3
Corsair 600w PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit OS

sam223

I was playing it today bro, i had lots of fun. wish Monster Games would make another one! who knows they might?
Monster games gone bust i think. Test Drive:EOD/DTD uses a very similar engine to nascar heat. It was around the same time and the formats/structure are very similar. You can crack open some of the TD:EOD archive files,to try import them into heat. Unfortunately the files within cannot be opened with nascar heat tools (i.e 3dsimed). Some of the dev team and source for nascar heat went on to become iRacing, which is why heat isnt open source.

The driving physics were not that great in this game but the down to earth atmosphere and simplicity this game had were great. Its what i imagine wreckfest becoming, plausible realism.

Would love to get TD:EOD tracks and cars into nascar heat 1 day. Imagine how good it'd be racing that game at 1080p,on the pc with 42 other drivers online.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:47:23 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TrapGod

Monster games gone bust i think. Test Drive:EOD/DTD uses a very similar engine to nascar heat. It was around the same time and the formats/structure are very similar. You can crack open some of the TD:EOD archive files,to try import them into heat. Unfortunately the files within cannot be opened with nascar heat tools (i.e 3dsimed). Some of the dev team and source for nascar heat went on to become iRacing, which is why heat isnt open source.

The driving physics were not that great in this game but the down to earth atmosphere and simplicity this game had were great. Its what i imagine wreckfest becoming, plausible realism.

Would love to get TD:EOD tracks and cars into nascar heat 1 day. Imagine how good it'd be racing that game at 1080p,on the pc with 42 other drivers online.

Absolutely dude! it is a big shame but the idea of the same tracks would be good, also the 42 players sounds amazing too!!
8gb Samsung DDR3
Corsair 600w PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit OS

Majatek

And guys (mostly the new ones), please consider searching for keywords, so that we do not have a gazillion different threads about the same thing.
While on one hand I'd normally agree - this thread is also talking about bringing track design inspiration from Driven to Destruction. Personally I'd love for Bugbear Entertainment to include a "Flag-pole race" gamemode for all of their oval tracks, where in order to complete a lap you must circle a pole that's often situated either directly in the center of the track, or, off to the side - lots of t-bone opportunities! :))

I modified the title of the thread slightly to reflect the conversation.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:21:49 AM by Majatek »
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Daystar

While on one hand I'd normally agree - this thread is also talking about bringing track design inspiration from Driven to Destruction. Personally I'd love for Bugbear Entertainment to include a "Flag-pole race" gamemode for all of their oval tracks, where in order to complete a lap you must circle a pole that's often situated either directly in the center of the track, or, off to the side - lots of t-bone opportunities! :))

I modified the title of the thread slightly to reflect the conversation.

Duly noted!  :o