Author Topic: Custom maps, leaderboards and how to not cheat.  (Read 4584 times)

Mazay

Any ideas how to stop leaderboard scores from submitting or how to rename maps?

it would be possible to name it as a derby map because you can race on them but they don't have a leaderboard

How can you race on derby maps? Just rename the folders?

Purple44

it would be possible to name it as a derby map because you can race on them but they don't have a leaderboard

Don't think that would work, say renaming a derby folder to the oval 1 folder, because the derby files in the derby folder would still make game see it as a derby, not a race. I would think.

If I were to try to make a derby map, say like this one:

So we could race the oval track outside the derby pit. I would go steal the Oval 1 track ai_route.scne and ai_start.scne files and put them in the derby folder. Then tweak these two files to have the right startpoints for the race and tweak the route file to get the AI to race on a smaller oval. I assume it the route file that has the checkpoints needed for a race. Got have at least 2 checkpoints for there to be a race. But we have found out that the Wreckfest derbys have checkpoints. I seen this in Flatout 2, too, with the derby files.

Could steal the derby figure 8 ai_start.scne file, but I would not use the ai_route.scne file unless you want to straighten out the figure 8 route to an oval route. Now if I had something like Pav's Flatout track editor, I could fix the figure 8 route to an oval route pretty easy.

But this is all guessing, have not tried any of this to see if it would work.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:04:00 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mazay

I were thinking to make track about that highway around arena too, but how do you remove the invisible walls around the corners?

Where do you know there is checkpoints? Just editing the route data let me make shortcuts to races so there can't be too many.
But maybe there is atleast one checkpoint to define the finish line.

I thought of making track editor, but that's not simple task to do and I am not sure which would be the best way to go.
Currently I have some code which I used to view track line as I hexedit:

Another map, there the yellow line sets the allowed area so many checkpoints aren't needed.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:03:21 PM by Mazay »

Purple44

The invisible walls got remove in Build #7 after I ask for them to be removed:

Oh no, invisible wall outside derby stadium!

We found out about the checkpoints after I put the Speedbowl derby on top Sandpit 2 track for the Cops and Robbers event and using the Speedbowl derby ai_route.scne file rename to ai_start.scne:

Global Leaderboard Exploit
I was getting a few comments about our friend Heddly's time on Sandpit 2.
1.8 seconds hahaha.  A few of the lap time racers were getting a bit paranoid about this 'hacker'.
Got to say it gave me a smile.  I wonder if the poor bloke even knows about it himself?

I don't know when the team gets free time for unimportant stuff like wiping cheating times, but it might be worth doing.
We can't all explain these times to the crew who really do care about this stuff.

I didn't notice the lap time. I forgot to remove the modded files for Cops and Robbers after hosting. Sorry about that, it wasn't intentional.

I pick the wrong file from \oval2 folder. I should of pick the ai_route.scne file to get the hex startpoint numbers. Now I just need to rename ai_route.scne file to ai_start.scne and I will have a start file for Sandpit 2 with derby orientation startpoints. ;)

ldom........dptl........ecss..........€?..................€?..................€?..................€?............ai_route#xrefencs0...data/art/levels/gameplayset/oval2b/ai_route.scne..€?..................€?..................€?..................€?............oval2_base#xrefencs1...data/art/levels/gameplayset/oval2/oval2_base.scnelrpa........tria........psrt........pcrt........mlvt........fpcs........

At least I know now what file is the geometry file ( oval2_base.scne ) for the track maps.  :)

oval2_base#xrefencs1...data/art/levels/gameplayset/oval2/oval2_base.scnelrpa

Edit:
Hmmm, this could add an interesting tweak to the Speedbowl derby if I leave sandpit6_rev folder the way it is now using the Speedbowl oval2b.scne. I just tested with the AI and renamed teamdeathmath.gmpl to bangerrace.gmpl and Snadpit 2 revese worked.  :)

Now I will use sandpit6 folder to do the Cops and Robbers startpoints.

WorldofBay

just have a race mode named as a derby mode and you race derby maps.

checkpoints are in the pcrt section of a map route and are valid if on the track and crossed without the red sign, so you can actually cut the track a lot at the moment if you just re-enter before the next checkpoint in right direction to not have the sign at the checkpoint...
(that's guessing)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Mazay

Thanks for the info.
I did look into pcrt part. Format for each checkpoint seems to be: 2 bytes of 00, middle xyz, right xyz, left xyz

I drew checkpoints for my custom map. It is interesting that you count laps even not driving through them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:39:10 PM by Mazay »

Purple44

Thanks for the info.
I did look into pcrt. Format for each checkpoint seems to be: 2 bytes of 00, middle xyz, right xyz, left xyz

I drew checkpoints for my custom map. It is interesting that you count laps even not driving through them.

If you can cheat your checkpoints and a lap still counts, then maybe Wreckfest is seeing different checkpoints than your checkpoints.

Far as I know, you can't cheat a checkpoint ( car has to pass between the right and left points of a checkpoint ), unless you do 4 laps to get 1 lap to count if have 4 checkpoints for one lap and race the the track in reverse direction. Each lap you pass the next checkpoint. Checkpoints have to be pass in the correct order before a lap will be counted.

Looking at your pic, the checkpoint on the left and the one on the right, your car would miss if car going to stay between the green lines and lap would never count.

Are those your custom checkpoints ( the 4 yellow lines ) or are they the checkpoints for the stock Oval 2 track? They look like they for the stock Oval 2 track.

Mazay

If you can cheat your checkpoints and a lap still counts, then maybe Wreckfest is seeing different checkpoints than your checkpoints.
Those are the stock checkpoints I never changed so I am sure that's what game sees too.

I did more testing with tarmac. Between the checkpoints you can choose any possible route so WorldofBay's theory holds correct.
If you try skip checkpoint out of track area you have to drive back. But it also seems like you can just skip checkpoints as long as you stay on track area.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 07:15:52 PM by Mazay »