Author Topic: an open letter to the community and BugBear  (Read 3792 times)

Lurch

Hi guys after playing for 500+ hours and spending a few hours with the new (beta) update (co out) I have played with settings and single / multi player,

A few things stand out to me as a posative and some as a negative, minamal progress in the game. So rather than slam hate the game or defend it like you were beating my child.

I have decieded to think rationaly and try to make sence of their direction and provide objective critasisum (p.s i cant spell) and point out possible optioons they can implament. (please dont hate me)

Point one : The wear system should be relagated to single player for a more career style expiriance.

point 2: re open all cars for multi player so new or younger players who dont quite understand a sim style system can have the fun we all love and make it more of an even playing fiield.

Point 3: keep unlock style race from the bottom in single player but re visit the AI as they are like walls even on easy mode, i noticed no difference in easy normal or hard AI settings.

So guys Let me know what ya think, if you like a point ive made type point 1 / 2 / 3

Also if you can think of any thing feel free to add to my list and i will compile these and try to contact and get a responce from BugBear Entertainment and let you all know what the outcome is.
Many thanks : Lurch.

Lurch

From user Fila Fila!  has Next Car Game: Wreckfest 26 minutes ago
I don't really know what to say about the game right now. Mostly because I am unable to truly test the game. To figure out if BB are going in the right direction I would need to grind money to get the car and parts I need.

First and foremost, there needs to be an open access to all cars and tracks in multiplayer. At least during this early access phase. You guys want us to test your game out right? I have zero interest in single player for this game. Right now I'm basically locked out of multiplayer and if things stay this way I will permanently be locked out of multiplayer.

Then for single player do whatever career mode you guys want. Personally I never cared about that, I just want to jump in and race in multiplayer. Don't care about the grinding aspect.

There obviously needs to be a "quick play" aspect too. For reference, look at what NFS Porsche did.

It had a quick play option which gave access to a decent-ish number of cars and tracks for single player, then it had the grinding/career aspect that unlocked further tracks and cars for single player. Then it had a multiplayer option which gave access to all the cars and tracks for proper multiplayer fun.

And despite me defending the direction the game was going, it's simply not as fun anymore as it used to be in the sneak peak v2.

Lurch

Hoppen  has Next Car Game: Wreckfest 23 minutes ago
Overall, i'm liking the new build, apart from the client crashing more often than it used to and other small issues (Tarmac 2 looks like a nice track, but the graphics glitch badly)

The lawnmowers are a fun addition, raced a few times online on the Mixed track with lawnmowers and had a blast! Absolutely love the new Mixed track, great work on that!

As to your points, Lurch,

Point 1: I totally agree, multiplayer should be seperated from the single player career mode, we need to have a level playing field in there.

Point 2: Also agree, I preferred multiplayer how it was.

Point 3: I haven't raced the bots much in single player, so can't really comment on this, however if you start out with the default Euro1 car and try to set up a race I can definitely see it alienating beginners, because that car doesn't keep up with the field at all.

One thing I think we do need asap, especially if Multiplayer remains part of career mode, is the ability to repair parts, even if you just added in free repairs until you had all the cost calculations finished, it's kind of ridiculous the wear rate atm, you end up having to buy a huge list of parts, and change them out almost every single race.

Lurch

kazereal  has Next Car Game: Wreckfest 21 minutes ago
I don't know about the multiplayer part, maybe league-style restriction on what car is allowed works better than career-mode restriction there.

I really do like the Street Rod style career and upgrade style :) Something many of us have been looking forward to. Some adjusting of the wear/tear and addition of repair system should fix the problems with that.

Working clutch is something many are looking forward to, it makes more sense with manual gearbox then.

Of course some graphics optimization/tuning options will be welcome ;)

That's off the top of my head the first things.

Lurch

CAPTBUD420  has Next Car Game: Wreckfest 13 minutes ago
I like all your points 1 2 and 3 Lurch but you forgot

Point 4: Reset the damn stats/lap info from forever ago build because some of them are not even possible anymore and since We are still in Alpha! I wish they would Reset every update Untill we are farther down the road....

. I like Fila Have No Interest in Single player game here and in Most games I never play single player and hop right in to multiplayer with friends off Rip. Seems Like they are trying to be Like NFS where you have to unlock, on NFS fine and I did cause we had a full room with all friends but thats hard here with all the Time/Location differences. NCG I really dont want to do Single play Honestly and may turn people away more than gain because of it...
They should make a separate mode to let you choose arcade/simulation if so and give you that Choice. I really do not see why they rolled that out in a Alpha update but could see it way down the road in 3 years when the game maybe finished.....Just my 2 cents

Waiting for update to DL....

Point 5: put Manual shifting back the way it was b4 the 1st patch where it does not Lag to change a gear... like it has been in the past few updates, I guess I will find that out soon as DL is done if it changed

Lurch

the reason the posts have my name on them is i have copy pasted from steam from a thread with the same name feel free to check on steam to prove that these are not feed back i have created and are genuin please feel free to add feed back on hear so hopefully BugBear will take notice

Purple44

Here a couple of post that Jori did, he had a hand in developing career mode before he left::

5) Unranked mode
As we're gunning for seamless career mode between online and offline playing (meaning you don't have two different careers but just the one, regardless of your online status), we won't open all parts online in ranked games. Unranked, though, now that's another matter! We're planning on creating a toggle that takes your server to Unranked status, meaning that all games you host won't affect anyone's career, XP or money. Instead, every item is available! This will ensure that casual gamers who just want to create a race for a LAN party don't have to worry about careers at all. Just host an Unranked game, and you can setup every car the way you want. This is also the mode you play with all mods, which ensures that mods are a thing of fun and not a way to exploit your way into success in your official career :)

Again, these plans are subject to change, so don't be surprised if we decide to go another way in the end :)

Geez, hey, whoa Nelly! You people are jumping into conclusions big time :)

First, single player:
Wreckfest won't have a campaign. That means no story, no story linked progression that opens you new tracks, challenges and cars, etc. There is no campaign. There is only persistent career mode.

Career Mode:
Wreckfest has a persistent career mode. There is no story, but there is open ended progression -- events, championships, races etc., and there's no limit how far you can go. You start the game with one car, you race to earn money and then you buy more cars to play with. That's pretty much it, when you boil it down.

Single Player vs. Multiplayer
Wreckfest has seamless SP/MP execution, and the two differ only very slightly. In SP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by bots on track. In MP, player has a selection of events to choose from, populated by other players. That's pretty much all the difference there is. Also, all progression made in one will carry over to the other, and nobody's forcing anyone to attend both. You find SP more appealing, you stick to that, and vice versa.
(There'll be a lot to do considering AI, as it needs to be quite cunning, else SP can be a bit predictable which MP will never be, thanks to human penchant for desperation and mischief. AI personalities, or, rather, behavior archetypes, are still being considered, as is asynchronous multiplayer and what it could be in Wreckfest.)

Tier System
Please, don't jump the gun here. To put it bluntly, you don't know enough about the tech tree or the tier system Wreckfest may or may not have to form an opinion on it, because we haven't told you what the current plans for those mechanics are. You're speculating wildly, and making assumptions on those speculations -- and then someone else takes those assumptions as facts :)
We are listening to your opinions on the subject, however, because the system's not been totally locked down yet, and is subject to change.

I think if Bugbear had talk a bit about career mode before releasing Build #8, things may gone a little better today. Hopefully Bugbear will start a new thread today and give more details of career mode and how they see it working in Wreckfest.

And I want to have a discussion with Bugbear on how a non career mode going to work online. Bugbear need to get this part of online right. I probably should start a new thread about non career mode online after Bugbear post today.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Jhawk163

My main problem with the new update is the AI but also that I lost all the money I earned. Also on the 3rd American muscle car I maxed it out yet the AI versions of it still take off faster and have a higher top speed. I don't know if this is because I don't have enough XP to unlock more parts, heck, I don't even know if that's a thing. Anyway no matter if you have the best car in the game the AI appear to be faster in most cases

St. Jimmy

My main problem with the new update is the AI but also that I lost all the money I earned. Also on the 3rd American muscle car I maxed it out yet the AI versions of it still take off faster and have a higher top speed. I don't know if this is because I don't have enough XP to unlock more parts, heck, I don't even know if that's a thing. Anyway no matter if you have the best car in the game the AI appear to be faster in most cases

AI might have better tuned car or if the part condition affects performance the AI might have new parts everytime. One thing also could be if you're using controller, you don't get full 100% input. You can check that from the controlers quicky.
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Kepnik

agree to all your points... dont really understand what the restriction of
cars and BIGGER problem, the wear of parts has to do in this game at this
point of development, atm it seems unplayable...

and it was unplayable after the last big update also, so although there is progress made...
for me and my friends the game gets worse with every update,
remembering that it should have been finished end of 2014 and
then mid 2015... what shall I say, I have played many hours
no money wasted, but all at all I dont understand whats
the plan behind such an update policy

Jhawk163

AI might have better tuned car or if the part condition affects performance the AI might have new parts everytime. One thing also could be if you're using controller, you don't get full 100% input. You can check that from the controlers quicky.
I have not seen part condition affect performance and do not use a controller, no idea why other american 3 muscle cars are better than my maxed out one, especially considering you can't actually tune the cars

WorldofBay

I have not seen part condition affect performance and do not use a controller, no idea why other american 3 muscle cars are better than my maxed out one, especially considering you can't actually tune the cars

maxed out is A202 and very nervous on the rear axle, do you drive this version?

if so maybe your problem is that nervosity: slides out the corner cost a lot of time, you may adjust your steering sensitivity for faster acceleration then.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

BrianUK

Surely it would've made more sense to give everyone infinite cash for now to allow us to actually test the content. It seems pretty silly to give us a new system with no effective way of testing it if you have no knowledge of modding your cash.

Jhawk163

maxed out is A202 and very nervous on the rear axle, do you drive this version?

if so maybe your problem is that nervosity: slides out the corner cost a lot of time, you may adjust your steering sensitivity for faster acceleration then.
Yeah, I have the American muscle 4 now, A class 202, still get passed when I am ON THE INSIDE around a corner
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:27:59 AM by Jhawk163 »

Turbo442

I agree 100% with this post.  I play Wreck Fest for multiplayer fun against real opponents!  I do not care about career mode. Its not adding to the experience to worry about wear of my tires or how much money I have.   Don't waste my time with the tedium of wear between multiplayer races.  I don't want to have to fiddle with the car between races.  That's when I am taking a piss, eating a slice of pizza, sending a txt. 

If you guys want to improve the game give us more of the same.  More new tracks, more new interesting cars. 

Playing WF now is like eating water melon after eating a box of sugar babies.

Having played WF for 500+ hours here is what I would like to see.

1.  Add drafting.  It would add a cool new dynamic to oval racing and all tracks in general.  It would also act as a bit of a handicap to allow the pack to catch back up after a mistake.  Why should one slip up ruin the rest of the race?

2.  If your going to mess with the physics then lets do something cool with it.  Figure out how to allow for bigger jumps. 

3.  Tracks with multiple lines/paths.  Risky sections with high payoff.

4.  Add a beat up American van.

5. ALLOW US TO REWIND THE REPLAY!

6. Add a slider to allow host to modify aggressiveness of bots.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!  This game has been a great experience so far and well worth the $$$

Matt
Crystal Hammer