Author Topic: Hotfix 2015-11-20  (Read 12677 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Just a small one this time to carry you over the weekend :-)

General:

* Game should no longer crash while chatting in spectate mode.
* Reduced and unified vehicle part wear rates across the board.
* European 1 is now less prone to rolling over.
* Added proper material to Mixed 1 arm-cos.
* Fixed various graphical glitches on Tarmac 2.
* Resurrected backfire effect (American 2 pending).

IMPORTANT NOTE: To prevent glitches and ensure full compatibility all user save data and settings was reset. For compensation everyone now gets 5000 credits when starting the career.

Ste@mroll

Waiting for it to download now, looking forward to a little more stability in the builds.

I hope the handling issues I posted about in the previous hotfix thread can be addressed, but besides that this build is pretty damn solid.

I'm currently in love with the Sprint Cup mode, but I'd like to know if it would be possible to perhaps keep damage acquired into the next race for later? Just to make it so you don't go barreling into an opponent on the final turn for a position and have a brand new car for the next race. You know, actually attempt to take care of a car over the course of a race. DNF'ing on the first race should also DNF you for the other two races since technically you don't have a car to race now if all the events are held on the same day.

Also minor wish for them, I'd like the points yield in the 3rd race increased just for added importance and drama. Nothing severe, just something like a 5 point bonus to the top 5 positions would make for some really important 3rd races.

Frisker

Thank you for the graphical fixes on Tarmac 2, will test tomorrow.

And who has rolled Fiat so many times that it had to be fixed? I havent managed to do it once and it was the only car I used in this built(Aside from 2 derbies with the lawnmower). Crappy drivers...

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

brunnen153

Guys thanks for those updates, really enjoying it right now  :D. Keep it up, I love where this game is going.
Cheers!

WorldofBay

And who has rolled Fiat so many times that it had to be fixed? I havent managed to do it once and it was the only car I used in this built(Aside from 2 derbies with the lawnmower). Crappy drivers...

sandpit1 rt1 the hairpin was often a source for rolling

maybe you just didn't drive the tracks where it rolled, banked sharp turns in particular like also gravel has them.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Ste@mroll

sandpit1 rt1 the hairpin was often a source for rolling

maybe you just didn't drive the tracks where it rolled, banked sharp turns in particular like also gravel has them.

And pretty much every corner with a rumble strip on the inside. I rolled the car a few times on Tarmac 1, so did the AI.

BenDover

THIS update was much better Janne!! Thanks, I think its kindy fun that you need to "repair" the car now :) But something that you need to look at asap is to make it able to repair the cars and not needing to buy new stuff when they are broken.

From all that, this is awesome !!! :) Keep this going and hope to see a new update soon with repair function :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Paul_B

Guys can't get game to open getting error (Texture creation failed 1366x768) was working last week on the 32bit exe.  Not an Steam issue other games okay

System, Windows 10-64bit / dual core E5700 / 4gb ram / 1gb Nvida 9800GT (old but was works okay )

Bugbear if you have changed something in the log let me know as you forgot to mention that WinXP was dropped on the last update !!

Janne still not loading can I get some clues on whats happen here ?
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

UsF

I wish the system of damaged parts in online mode would be postponed until repairing them is available. Right now it feels like a chore to keep them up during online races, as you might not get them changed in time. Also it should probably be an optional system in online mode to begin with, not sure if it fits in there well right now.

I love all the new stuff though, great new track, this hotfix fixing problems is awesome, performance improvements...all is heading in the right direction. Don't get me wrong.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 11:20:29 PM by UsF »

Janne Suur-Näkki

pben1
We re-enabled the launcher for now, can you please try with the 32-bit executable as well? You probably need to log out of Steam and back in to make the launcher pop up.

BenDover

Just one thing Janne, in this update, my server have started to crash again with the early build 7 so you know. I dont have any info atm on witch map etc but I will come back and update this post when I know more ! :)

EDIT: Sandpit 2. Like in build 7 .

EDIT 2: It crashed on Tarmac 2 one time. Just letting you know. :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 05:13:06 AM by BenDover »
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Finsku

I'm at my patents so I haven't tried update yet. What I've read changelog I can't wait to play new tracks and test shopping.

I asked this already at other update topic but looks like no one didn't notice it. How much power hosting needs from pc? I'm interested to host but it would be nice to know how good servers others has.  (now server doesn't need steam anymore which is nice )

Ste@mroll

General notice but bone stock American 4 comes with a 4-gear transmission according to the parts interface, yet when I play the game I've gotten it into Gear 5 somehow.

KingOfTheCakes

Good stuff! Looking forward to more patches.

Speaking of which, could we have the Chase Far camera a bit higher next time, like how it was in the last update please? It's a bit low atm.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Sandmann

Just one thing Janne, in this update, my server have started to crash again with the early build 7 so you know. I dont have any info atm on witch map etc but I will come back and update this post when I know more ! :)

EDIT: Sandpit 2. Like in build 7 .

Thats why i like your server. He hates the new Sandpit 2 too and wants the old Sandpit back  ;D