Author Topic: Hotfix 2015-11-24  (Read 11104 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Hotfix #1

* Car part changes and market purchases are now no longer cancelled for any reason, including event change.
* It is not longer possible to wreck the lawn mower after finishing the race.
* Marketplace is now restocked after each multiplayer event.
* AI is now using the same tires as the player to prevent unfair handicap.
* Upgrade selection menu now displays up-to-date parts when leaving marketplace.
* Dedicated server event start timer length doubled (to 60 seconds) to allow more fitting time.
* When entering lobby loading screen is now displayed until cars are loaded to avoid lag.
* American 4 stock gearbox now only has four gears as designed.
* Implemented missing backfire effect on American 2.
* Fixed various parts that had incorrect durability.

Hotfix #2

* Fixed false 'performance degraded' alert in lobby.
* Fixed incorrect skybox rotation for both weathers.
* Lawn Mower's steering wheel now rotates correctly.
* Added an alert to show server incompatibility to server browser.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:28:24 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

BenDover

Seems really nice Janne, keep this up! And just so you know, the new Tarmac 2 map is awesome for us racing freaks!! So more of those would be really good to see in the future ! :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Finsku

Thanks for hotfix, I hope I don't have to exit anymore from server to shop parts for car.

Seems really nice Janne, keep this up! And just so you know, the new Tarmac 2 map is awesome for us racing freaks!! So more of those would be really good to see in the future ! :)

Tarmac 2 is nice add but IMO I don't like it. Too much straight and too many 90* turns (first 2 turns and second last turn before finish line are nice). + Adding sticky concrete walls gives challenge to get good time.  ;)

Edit: Its boring..

Waiting next update where comes engineers. Oh and I'm waiting track which would be like Bay Circuit from FO1

Holybeer

General:

* Car part changes and market purchases are now no longer cancelled for any reason, including event change.
* When entering lobby loading screen is now displayed until cars are loaded to avoid lagg.

YES. YESSSS GOD DAMN IT YES.  :)

sam223

Is there any chance we could get this route as an official map Janne? http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8269.0.html
Since the update now means host and user files have to match (good). But it means everyone wanting to play this route has to modify their default file,not just the host. Im sure adding as a custom map wouldnt be as big a problem for most (currently impossible). Im not sure anyone wants to have to keep switching route files back and forth just to play in 1 server though.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:27:55 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

DD-Indeed

I already wondered, that where's backfires from Sedan, couldn't BBQ my sausages and burn marshmallows!

Janne Suur-Näkki

Another minor hotfix up!

St. Jimmy

Was there a third one or is it hotfix #2 that was dowloaded?
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

happyrichie

this is exactly what is going wrong with this update, ill quote from purples online thread i posted last night

the issue of adding career into online mode could and should be a none issue because it should have been covered be4 this made a public release, its not that im trying to hate on career mode, im interested in it but as an example, i also have issues with the cars handling since the update and this wear&repair issue is camouflaging that. we had the same issue with handling and reduced damage/dnf's in junes patches which were quickly addressed, i believe it will be more difficult 2 fix that this time because the wear and repair is such a mess on release.

its also camouflaging what is good about the update.

keep working bugbear and when the players leave the online because of the wear you can then remove it right? your 1 step behind the community with this update and u b trolling us, good luck sorting it out though

WorldofBay

* Fixed various parts that had incorrect durability.

very minor issue but i'll say it anyways:
you forgot to change the current durability, so all of these 30-duration-parts now are 30% or below, so scrap
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Adziej

keep working bugbear and when the players leave this game because of the wear you can then remove it right? your 1 step behind the community with this update and u b trolling us, good luck sorting it out though
Offline playing is affected by that too. Parts durability is good for games about simulation. Wreckfest shouldn't be one of them.
i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz + TRUE + NB XL2 || Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB OC || ASRock P67 Pro3 B3 || Pentagram SF-620W || Crucial 2x4GB 1600 || Intel 520 120GB || Samsung F3 HD502HJ || LG W2252TQ-PF || Razer Salmosa || Saitek Eclipse II || Xbox 360 Wireless Controller || Creative X-Fi Music + Z-5500 || Win7 Home

St. Jimmy

The wear split people in half. I and some other people like how the parts needs to be replaced and not just magically hammered to be good as new with some repair. At least now the market works in multiplayer so there's no problem. It takes bit time if you really want to unlock every car and you need to sacrifice buying parts. The performance impact isn't yet that bad so you can go well on heavily used parts. Couple horsepower is lost and gearbox change can be worse. I finished first yesterday in some multiplayer race with C140 Fiat when the normal PI would've been something like 171 :D The parts were totally worn out.

Btw I really like how rough the Gravel can sometimes be. It's good fun. Overall driving physics I still hope that we could do some sliding/drifting better. It still feels bit on/off when bit more progressive would be nice.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:49:11 PM by St. Jimmy »
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

UsF

Thank you very much. Slowly warming up to the custom parts and their degrading performance, especially because it means it is basically the location based detailed damage that I was hoping for. With the market fix, online play should now be better, even though I'd still hope for new parts at a premium price available at some point.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Was there a third one or is it hotfix #2 that was dowloaded?

Yep, some users were having problems on the Steam forum so we updated the build again to make sure it's intact.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 09:40:38 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

Nice Glasses

Hey Janne I noticed during replays in free cam when I use a DS3 controller to try to move around the movement is buggy and keeps facing straight down. Other than that I've been enjoying the update so far and hoping it only gets better from here on. Keep those hotfixes coming!  :)