Author Topic: Hotfix 2015-11-24  (Read 11738 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Right off-the-bat sounds like something specific for that controller... Do you mean a PS3 controller?

Nice Glasses

Right off-the-bat sounds like something specific for that controller... Do you mean a PS3 controller?

Yeah it's a ps3 controller using SCP connected via bluetooth. So far I haven't noticed any major issues regarding twitchy controls with this setup but I'll keep testing to make sure its not my controller freaking out.

Dreamxtreme

Im getting a crash to black screen after 5mins in the game . I cant even CTRL ALT DEL or get to task manager. I have to hard reboot.
I have attached my DXDIAG.txt file with my hardware.
Am I the only one who gets this problem ?

Also Ive found the AI are much faster then my car

MamieNova

Yeah it's a ps3 controller using SCP connected via bluetooth. So far I haven't noticed any major issues regarding twitchy controls with this setup but I'll keep testing to make sure its not my controller freaking out.

try increasing the dead zone to something around 10 or 15%, my xbox360 controller was annoying until I did that.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Dreamxtreme

Nevermind fixed my issue as i saw there was a problem with steam. So i updated to a beta version of steam and it works now

Mortal

Same here, before D19 update works well, not sure if 19 and include this issue, but 20-24 updates yes.

This driver emulate 360 native gamepad and works well with all games.

Edit for more details janne, the issue only occurs in replay mode after the race, in photo mode the free cam works well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:47:32 AM by Mortal »

Paul_B

Janne

Have got the game back up an running was not loading from the exe, but I think it may be down to the updated graphics. Now I can only run on the lowest settings and get around 20 fps with my old gpu ( nivda 9800GT ) as before could get into the 30's easy.  So you guys have moved on but I can't catch up for a a while until a new build next year.
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 1060 6gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather Wheel/ Thrustmaster  T3PA Pedals / Logitech G27 Shift

OutLoud

With this Update 2015-11-19 I can finally play for the first time since the new engine, it won't crash any more on splashscreen. So thanks for that! Here are my thoughts:

Traction Control makes you slow:
People have been asking me why I'm so slow on the straights with American 2 even with the best unworn parts. So I did a test on the long straight on Tarmac 2. Starting standing at the wall, accelerating, measuring the speed at the 50 break-sign:

Traction Control Off: 162 kmh
Traction Control Half: 150 kmh
Traction Controll Full: 142 kmh

Since I'm on keyboard it's almost impossible to turn it off, so this gives me a great disadvantage. I don't see the reason why traction control should make you slower on a straight.

Multiplayer suggestions:
- I would like the server list to remember my filter settings. They always reset when quitting the game.
- The server list should stay sorted the same way after a click on refresh.
- I would enjoy some sort of ELO rating system for motivation and to know how strong the opponents are.
- A small icon next to the username to indicate if he is using keyboard or controller would be cool.
- The part buying, repairing, and so on, seems pointless in multiplayer and tiresome. IMO everyone should have the same parts in the same quality in multiplayer.

Other:
- Performance in Tarmac 1 and Sandpit 2 drops from 60 FPS on other tracks to 15 (at worst) on these tracks.
- The camera view doesn't remember that I drive with the far chase view. It resets to near chase alot.
- Overall performance is really excellent on max settings on a 3 year old PC.
- Driving physics are awesome IMO, new tracks are great, I enjoy it alot.

WorldofBay

- Performance in Tarmac 1 and Sandpit 2 drops from 60 FPS on other tracks to 15 (at worst) on these tracks.

this is due to grass, disable grass and you won't have these fps drops:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8316.msg79524.html#msg79524
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Frisker

With this Update 2015-11-19 I can finally play for the first time since the new engine, it won't crash any more on splashscreen. So thanks for that! Here are my thoughts:

Traction Control makes you slow:
People have been asking me why I'm so slow on the straights with American 2 even with the best unworn parts. So I did a test on the long straight on Tarmac 2. Starting standing at the wall, accelerating, measuring the speed at the 50 break-sign:

Traction Control Off: 162 kmh
Traction Control Half: 150 kmh
Traction Controll Full: 142 kmh

I believe traction control could give this effect in real life too, maybe not that drastic though, not sure. As TCS reduces the engine power when the tires are about to overspin(is that a word?), so it keeps the grip. The problem there is, that it indeed reduces the power, thus not taking the full advantage of the horsepower when accelerating.

And the problem with this in the game are indeed for keyboard drivers, I have a pad so I don't know if I could drive with it off, but when I did drive on KB, I used it on half too.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Janne Suur-Näkki

About traction control, like Frisker anticipated results like yours are to be expected if you're starting from a stand-still because traction control prevents tires from slipping by applying brake force to one or more wheels (like in the real world).

Parberoo

We noticed this the other day. I play with two guys using controllers, I use a keyboard. I have always had all assists turned off and they couldn't understand why my car was getting away so easily. Turned out to be that they had assists on.
I really like that the assists have some kind of disadvantage otherwise, why learn to drive better? I can generally beat AI in the Euro 3 with no assists on tracks like tarmac 1. I can't really stay involved so well against people online but I get more out of the struggle.

OutLoud

About traction control, like Frisker anticipated results like yours are to be expected if you're starting from a stand-still because traction control prevents tires from slipping by applying brake force to one or more wheels (like in the real world).

Thanks for the answer. You are of course correct in principle, but I would argue that accelerating with TC should at least be faster than jumping on the throttle 100% with no clutch on a 376 HP car with RWD  :P

Anyway, the problem is that on Tarmac 2 it is impossible to compete with a keyboard since TC costs at least 2 seconds a lap  :(. I accept if that's just the way it'll be and I've been planning on buying a controller for the longest time anyway, so i finally have an excuse!

BenDover

Thanks for the answer. You are of course correct in principle, but I would argue that accelerating with TC should at least be faster than jumping on the throttle 100% with no clutch on a 376 HP car with RWD  :P

Anyway, the problem is that on Tarmac 2 it is impossible to compete with a keyboard since TC costs at least 2 seconds a lap  :(. I accept if that's just the way it'll be and I've been planning on buying a controller for the longest time anyway, so i finally have an excuse!

We got fast players with the time 1.25.xx time on tarmac 2 with keyboards (no assist) drivers :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

OutLoud

We got fast players with the time 1.25.xx time on tarmac 2 with keyboards (no assist) drivers :P

On Tarmac i can imagine it being possible without assists, but on gravel...

BTW, thanks for the awesome clean racing server!