Author Topic: Hotfix 2015-11-24  (Read 12230 times)

WorldofBay

About traction control, like Frisker anticipated results like yours are to be expected if you're starting from a stand-still because traction control prevents tires from slipping by applying brake force to one or more wheels (like in the real world).

Thanks for the answer. You are of course correct in principle, but I would argue that accelerating with TC should at least be faster than jumping on the throttle 100% with no clutch on a 376 HP car with RWD  :P

Anyway, the problem is that on Tarmac 2 it is impossible to compete with a keyboard since TC costs at least 2 seconds a lap  :(. I accept if that's just the way it'll be and I've been planning on buying a controller for the longest time anyway, so i finally have an excuse!

We got fast players with the time 1.25.xx time on tarmac 2 with keyboards (no assist) drivers :P

On Tarmac i can imagine it being possible without assists, but on gravel...

BTW, thanks for the awesome clean racing server!

gravel is hard to check as the leaderboards still show old times but i for example use keyboard without any assists, too. i'm not that fast on tarmac2 but i got some good times at tarmac1 and mixed. actually looking at the leaderboards my gravel and sandpit1 times were good as well ... but there we only can compare A-class cars by now as B and C class are hidden behind build7 times.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Purple44

About traction control, like Frisker anticipated results like yours are to be expected if you're starting from a stand-still because traction control prevents tires from slipping by applying brake force to one or more wheels (like in the real world).

Thanks for the answer. You are of course correct in principle, but I would argue that accelerating with TC should at least be faster than jumping on the throttle 100% with no clutch on a 376 HP car with RWD  :P

Anyway, the problem is that on Tarmac 2 it is impossible to compete with a keyboard since TC costs at least 2 seconds a lap  :(. I accept if that's just the way it'll be and I've been planning on buying a controller for the longest time anyway, so i finally have an excuse!

We got fast players with the time 1.25.xx time on tarmac 2 with keyboards (no assist) drivers :P

gravel is hard to check as the leaderboards still show old times but i for example use keyboard without any assists, too. i'm not that fast on tarmac2 but i got some good times at tarmac1 and mixed. actually looking at the leaderboards my gravel and sandpit1 times were good as well ... but there we only can compare A-class cars by now as B and C class are hidden behind build7 times.

Down the road, it would be nice to filter leaderbroad by car and class. So you can see your lap times with the different cars on the same track.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Forgot that there was option to tune head shake. It was off for me so I slide it up to the max and it added a nice feeling that I was missing. I recommend that for everyone.
Maybe the max should be even a bit more?
Official Wreckfest Discord
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

MSPORTBMW

Please get rid of upgrades/repair for online mode.
By all means i think its a good addition for single player career though.
But i wish we could go back to all cars available for MP and just a select few options i.e engine/gearbox etc etc to choose from. It would bring the fun back to MP again....instead of certain cars really lagging behind as they only have very limited upgrades due to not being able to play this game as often as some people are able to.
I want to have the "pick up and play" MP back again. And as for the lawnmower.....well the least said about it, the better.
All this said.....i like the other parts of this update....tracks/graphics etc

Thanks Bugbear

BenDover

Hehe thanks man :P I try to keep it clean and fair but sometimes its hard! :S But my admins/mods should have much creds for it!! :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

BrianUK

Quick (lol) review of what I played last night, which was my first time playing this build:

I’ll address the biggest issue first – part degradation. It’s too damn high! My engine would last about 5 races, which equates to 20 laps of Tarmac 2, or 30 minutes of racing. For straight up driving, this seems very low considering there are no other influences on the engine other than how hard I’m driving it. All the other parts would last 2 races (8 laps or 12 minutes), which becomes annoying and frustrating when you are having to constantly replace parts on the car every other race. I touched the brakes a whole 3 times on 6 laps of Gravel with the Euro, yet they degraded by over 10%. From that I assume that wear is a fixed rate regardless of whether you drive at 10mph around the track or 100mph. Will there be a point in time where degradation is directly linked to usage in the race i.e. drift every turn and your tyres will wear more than if you simply cornered normally? Also, where is my locked diff? I used that exclusively!

With the above considered, I totally understand the issues people have with cash if they just play MP. A midfield finish nets you barely any winnings, and even getting a fastest lap means little now with it only being a miniscule bonus. With all the replacing parts and whatnot, you have to finish top 3 in a 16+ player race to get anything that leaves you a net profit consistently. No-one wants to grind for cash, it’s pretty boring, will winnings scale better in a future iteration?

Tarmac 2 (the city track) is a great track. I drove it for the first time last night, found it very easy to pick up and I was driving sub-1:27s in no time. I saw complaints about the 90 degree turns before I found out it was a city track, but they are pretty standard for such a location. The track flows well, the two flowing chicanes are beautiful and hugely enjoyable to drive through. The huge braking zones at the end of the straights create overtaking opportunities for clean stuff and destruction chances for the filthy stuff. Even though the lap is the longest so far, it doesn’t really occur to you until you look at the lap times because it seems to be a pretty demanding track. If wear is related to usage at a later date, I expect huge tyre and brake wear.

Mixed took me a while to get the hang of, but also flows nicely. The fast T1 into braking for T2 is challenging but the track is just forgiving enough for you to stay on the road, barring a big incident. I spent the whole night using the AM2 (AM3 now, I’m terrible at name changes, so I’ll forever call it the AM2) and it felt a bit big for the track, but it didn’t stop us having some great races on it. It looks wide when you are racing slowly, but it gets pretty thin when you are moving at pace alongside another car.

As for driving as a whole – it felt far better than Build 7. I spent more time driving than just trying to keep the car straight. However, there was quite a lot of bottoming out which was quite jarring. Notable places where it happened were the dip between turns 2 and 3 on Gravel and turn 3 on Tarmac 1. On Tarmac 1 it caused loss of traction repeatedly in that turn, so maybe it’s something to look into.

The lawnmower - well, I haven't used it and probably won't. Looks too much like something that'll be hilarious for the first 5 minutes, then agony for the rest of time.

Overall I enjoyed myself, it’s a step forward, having 2 new tracks will keep me occupied for a couple of months I expect.

St. Jimmy

Turn 3 in Tarmac 1 is the long left hander? Never had a problem there in either way. Just tested it and the track understeers a lot with all the cars (OK Euro 1 is pretty good in the turns) especially the turn you mentioned but if you want to have some sliding it requires bit of skills. Maybe easier with Wheel. Gravel can have those couple harder places but when you don't push too hard or you're more careful with the gas it can be handled nicely. It's surprisingly demanding track. Sandpit 2 also has couple harder places but just need to take them more easily. Just learned the track better today. Kind of cool things that I've hoped for the tracks.

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks for all the thoughtful feedback, I just spent good time reading through all of it.

As for bottoming out I have to mention that with the next patch the suspension should no longer receive infinite forces when bottoming out badly. I guess you've noticed that nasty things may sometimes happen with the current build...

Reward scale (+ wear rate) will be adjusted in the next patch as well, hopefully it will make the life bit easier for those just wanting to race online.

sam223

Noticed a bit of a issue with the anti cheat Janne. Its too overprotective checking all files for alterations/additions. You cant play on vanilla servers with any (excluding car skins) custom content even if that content is not being used. You also can't play on custom servers unless your content exactly matches,again even if its not in use. Theoretically meaning in the future,if you want to run multiple custom tracks on your server, everyone has to have all the tracks even if they aren't in rotation. You also have to change all your custom content should you wish to join a different custom server.

This protection has also killed off custom skinning a bit. Previously we were free to edit the skins.vsks files to unlock additional textures for the chassis that you had not yet added skins for. Now you have removed multiple skin textures from each chassis,changed the .vsks to .vepa and locked those files down. Meaning a maximum of 5 custom skins for some chassis,only 1 for EU3 and 2 for AM3 should you still wish to race online.

Could this system be set to only check files in use. So if i have a custom track,i can still race on vanilla servers without having to delete the track first? If i have a custom car installed,i can race on vanilla servers but cannot select the custom car?
Same goes for custom servers. Match the content in use but dont mismatch files that aren't in use.

Would be nice to have a output of the mismatch aswell,chat message,popup error.... so if we ever get to custom servers, running multiple bits of custom content (that's what im hoping for) we can see whats missing,outdated,invalid.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:49:32 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

WorldofBay

[...] will be adjusted in the next patch

and when do we see a singleplayer lobby?
when do we get map rotation?

why does a race in sp stop after human died/finished?
when will we see opel ascona ingame?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Finsku

[...] will be adjusted in the next patch

and when do we see a singleplayer lobby?
when do we get map rotation?

why does a race in sp stop after human died/finished?
when will we see opel ascona ingame?

.. and one questions from here:
is there coming hosting program for linux/unix?
when we see saab-like ingame?

Great update, thanks for hard work BB :)

Mazay

I agree with sam that multiplayer cheat protection is too overprotective. Especially with maps I don't even know if it really helps to check if content matches to server.
At worst game goes bit out of sync on "cheaters" pc, but would it affect server? Atleast I am not aware how.

On other hand protection makes it harder to experiment with custom maps.

BenDover

Thanks for all the thoughtful feedback, I just spent good time reading through all of it.

As for bottoming out I have to mention that with the next patch the suspension should no longer receive infinite forces when bottoming out badly. I guess you've noticed that nasty things may sometimes happen with the current build...

Reward scale (+ wear rate) will be adjusted in the next patch as well, hopefully it will make the life bit easier for those just wanting to race online.

Repair button, repair button!!! :P
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Janne Suur-Näkki

It's coming, but not in the next hotfix I'm afraid :)

St. Jimmy

It's coming, but not in the next hotfix I'm afraid :)
Will it be so you scrap the worn out parts and you get repair points through that? Would be cool.

i7 2600K @ 4,6GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR