Author Topic: Finnish Polka: "Loituma - Levan Polkka"  (Read 2707 times)

Aerotactics

So, I dont speak Finnish, but the vocal sounds are catchy. Like this line:
"Salivili hipput tupput täppyt
äppyt tipput hilijalleen."
The sharp stops in the T's just sound really cool

WorldofBay

this song appears everywhere and it has a thousand cover versions.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Frisker

The only techno thing I listened

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Adenru

must see and hear

Aerotactics

Not available in USA^

Daystar

Same here - yet again Germany sucks in these ways... lots of good videos banned for copyright reasons.

Damn I love Dailymotion better in this regard!

Needles Kane

Same here - yet again Germany sucks in these ways... lots of good videos banned for copyright reasons.

@ Aerotactics

It is actually Ievan not Levan. Song is about girl named Eeva, it is common to say first E as I in Savonian dialects. You are not first to make this mistake, there are many lyrics sites that made same mistake.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:53:00 PM by Needles Kane »

Purple44

@ Aerotactics

It is actually Ievan not Levan. Song is about girl named Eeva, it is common to say first E as I in Savonian dialects. You are not first to make this mistake, there are many lyrics sites that made same mistake.

Dose sound like a fun song. Kane, you got a link to the English translation. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

@ Aerotactics

In the first post video. Both in the video and in the description. Loituma has that long solo in the middle of the song that doesn't mean anything. It kind of represents instrumental solo. It's a shame if some countries have copyright restriction over that song :/ You can hear the song often in some Winter sport event in the background.

It's hard for most Finnish even understand that fully because it's old Savo language.

More famous Finnish songs? If you haven't heard this then you have lived under a rock for years

Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Frisker

@ Aerotactics

In the first post video. Both in the video and in the description. Loituma has that long solo in the middle of the song that doesn't mean anything. It kind of represents instrumental solo. It's a shame if some countries have copyright restriction over that song :/ You can hear the song often in some Winter sport event in the background.

It's hard for most Finnish even understand that fully because it's old Savo language.

More famous Finnish songs? If you haven't heard this then you have lived under a rock for years

Song name?

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Needles Kane

Song name?
Captain Beefheart - Zig Zag Wanderer