Author Topic: Update 2015-12-03  (Read 10358 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Yep, I noticed that the AM parts are currently messed up for one reason or another. We'll get it fixed tomorrow.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

catn1p

Has the shifting speed been fixed? It really is gamebreaking, even though everyone (on manual) is experiencing the same issue which equals the opportunities.

BB please let us shift comfortable! :'(

It's been fixed, from N to 1 in a blink of an eye (using controller).

Felt really good, when shunted off the line like a rocket! :)

So, when you hit the wall in 4th gear you can get in reverse in a blink too? That's what bothers me the most, having to smash the down shifter 2-3 times to get one gear down. And the delay between gears on the H-shifter. Never had problems with shifting at the start though...
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

C2S

It's the same as before. Still takes a good while to do 4-3-2-1-N-R. Or R-N-1. These used to be pretty swift, what was it, before the last two major updates?

A gear change will apply instantly only if you haven't recently changed a gear.

DD-Indeed

So, when you hit the wall in 4th gear you can get in reverse in a blink too? That's what bothers me the most, having to smash the down shifter 2-3 times to get one gear down. And the delay between gears on the H-shifter. Never had problems with shifting at the start though...

Didn't test out that yet, as didn't hit the wall like that.

So you're using wheel with separate gearstick ? Well, seems that the separate R-gear-button is now working like a button to put the gearbox to N, when you press it once. When you press it again or downshift, it selects the R. And you gotta hold it, to keep it in R. I might have seen too, that if you're in a forward going gear and you press and hold the R-button, it automatically changes to it. At least I always hold it to make it reverse and when it's released, it will return to N.

Simple, eh ? :D

KingOfTheCakes

Just tried the oval and it's great fun. Getting some nice power slides with the AM3 too! I also think that the straights should have barriers instead of cones.

I keep banging on about this, but will the mechanical damage be improved on again? Where we're not being so badly punished for dishing out hard hits? I hope it eventually goes back to being a bit like the last build.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 10:34:00 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry, it's getting late here so could you please elaborate a bit? :-)

By mechanical damage, do you mean the car's performance should be affected by damage? Or that the 'hitter' should have more advantage?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

DD-Indeed

Hey, now that you did include the inner oval for Speedway 2, you should do 2 more variations of that track as well, Derby-area inside that inner oval and the Big F8.

So Speedway 2-track would contain these variations on it:

1. Speedway 2 - Normal/Reverse
2. Speedway 2 - Small (inner) Speedway (Normal/Reverse)
3. Speedway 2 - Figure 8 (Using the whole outer borders of the area) *NEW*
4. Speedbowl - Normal (the whole map for derbying)
5. Speedbowl - Small (inside the inner oval, for derbying) *NEW*

These might have been suggested before, but I bet, that the inner oval derby haven't been suggested before. When I did drive the inner oval today, I saw potential about that inside area of it, and we would need new derby tracks for sure. Speedway/bowl is one of the maps in the game, that can be easily transferred to different variations.

FollowWings

Sorry, it's getting late here so could you please elaborate a bit? :-)

By mechanical damage, do you mean the car's performance should be affected by damage? Or that the 'hitter' should have more advantage?
Should be more affected by damage, should gears pull oneside if stucks etc like it was before new engine :) thank you Dear for fast reply!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:06:30 PM by FollowWings »
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

FollowWings

..but I know you always working on big updates at the same time as small fixes! ;)

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-H340n-el

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

Dillinja187

Sorry about the hiccups, looks like a couple of nasty issues sneaked in the build.

Without a debug build I'm not sure yet what's wrong with the dedicated server, I'm afraid we need to investigate the issue tomorrow.

As the for the AM4 and EU3 disappearing from the garage, that's an unfortunate consequence of some changes we did. The cars are still available in the market and will function normally, however.

No changes have been made to visual damage.

Great news Janne :), we need our dedi's back man !...
Dillinja187 Wreckfest server :- Get Amongst it !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dillinja187sServer

HAF-X===i4770k @ 4.5===Dark Rock Pro 2===MSI X-POWER z87===Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme===16 Gb Corsair 1866mhz=== Corsair 1200i PSU===X2 Samsung Evo Pro 256===Phillips 40" 4K monitor 4065uc===Win 8.1

BrianUK

Yep, I noticed that the AM parts are currently messed up for one reason or another. We'll get it fixed tomorrow.

Is this the AM1-AM2 crossover, because I felt like I was cheating when I drove that thing.

I spent 70 laps getting a 1:18.7 in the AM3 on Tarmac 2, then got a 1:18.044 in about 10 with that rocket.

Any chance of a leaderboard wipe once the performance changes are nearing what they need to be?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 11:45:08 PM by BrianUK »

MamieNova

It's the same as before. Still takes a good while to do 4-3-2-1-N-R. Or R-N-1.

You don't need to go through all the gears to go down to R, just use the specific "switch to R" button.

Going from R to 1 could ignore N though.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

catn1p

Didn't test out that yet, as didn't hit the wall like that.

So you're using wheel with separate gearstick ? Well, seems that the separate R-gear-button is now working like a button to put the gearbox to N, when you press it once. When you press it again or downshift, it selects the R. And you gotta hold it, to keep it in R. I might have seen too, that if you're in a forward going gear and you press and hold the R-button, it automatically changes to it. At least I always hold it to make it reverse and when it's released, it will return to N.

Simple, eh ? :D

hmm, thx I shall try this for myself. Yes my wheel has a seperate shift stick but I have to use the paddles atm which work fine as long as you don't crash ;) When you change gear on the stick it always goes to N for about a second before actually shifting up/down which costs (relatively) much time. In DirtRally for example the H-shifter works just fine without any delay. Maybe I have mapped something wrong in the controls, but the lack of response from BB lets me assume they didn't work on this yet. I'm sure there are more critical issues atm, but at least I'd like to know they're having it on their list ;)

It's the same as before. Still takes a good while to do 4-3-2-1-N-R. Or R-N-1.

You don't need to go through all the gears to go down to R, just use the specific "switch to R" button.

Going from R to 1 could ignore N though.

Whoops, missed C2S's post.

Yeh that's what I got out of DD-Indeeds post too. I shall map a key to go to R and maybe one to go back to 1 directly for now. At the current pace, maybe there will be another update before I get to try it out :P

BTW: thanks for bringing back my loved locked diff! <3
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27

MaexxDesign

No to both !
Unfortunately there are some idiots who are driving in the wrong direction.
Don't give them an advantage, too.

MamieNova

A - By mechanical damage, do you mean the car's performance should be affected by damage?
B - Or that the 'hitter' should have more advantage?

A - That would be a nice option for semi clean servers (keyword : option =D ). I can imagine funny races with everyone fighting with their own machine to keep it in a straight line or avoiding at all costs any loss of speed because the engine's power has been halved by a bad crash. To be honest, that's kind of what I would expect from the parts wear. But then, I would also go full crazy with that (each tyre would be a different part to manage, same for suspension. We're supposed to drive old rotten junks but we only have the rust to show for it. Crash all you want, your car still drives perfectly straight. Your gearbox is at 20% durability yet all gears shift perfectly as if brand new.

Consider yourself driving a car that insists going left ("oh great, right side hairpin incoming, time to powerslide!"), while remembering to avoid going into 2nd because that gear fails to shift 50% of the times. Or a failing engine that you would HAVE to keep in the high RPM because it stalls under 2500RPM (autostart it within the next seconds, it should only be a small loss of speed that you have to avoid).

And now consider all your opponents struggling with various similar problems. I can see this leading to improbable situations, or funny crashes. More crashes, more parts failing =D

It _should_ be an option as this would be an extreme handicap on clean servers (hit a wall in the first lap, lose all hope for the race)
But that option would be the reason for my future server to exist =)

B - No.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55