Author Topic: Update 2015-12-03  (Read 9002 times)

Tapio Vierros

Janne how its going with the hotfix ? :) I know it coming out today but I want to play now hahaha :P
Currently being tested.

BenDover

Janne how its going with the hotfix ? :) I know it coming out today but I want to play now hahaha :P
Currently being tested.

wonderfull to hear Tapio! :) Good luck with the tests ! :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

sam223

By mechanical damage, do you mean the car's performance should be affected by damage? Or that the 'hitter' should have more advantage?
No to both !
Unfortunately there are some idiots who are driving in the wrong direction.
Don't give them an advantage, too.

Performance effecting mechanical damage won't effect people giving you head ons,if anything there would be more head ons from people giving up 'racing' due to there race performance being affected.

A - By mechanical damage, do you mean the car's performance should be affected by damage?
B - Or that the 'hitter' should have more advantage?

A - That would be a nice option for semi clean servers (keyword : option =D ). I can imagine funny races with everyone fighting with their own machine to keep it in a straight line or avoiding at all costs any loss of speed because the engine's power has been halved by a bad crash. To be honest, that's kind of what I would expect from the parts wear. But then, I would also go full crazy with that (each tyre would be a different part to manage, same for suspension. We're supposed to drive old rotten junks but we only have the rust to show for it. Crash all you want, your car still drives perfectly straight. Your gearbox is at 20% durability yet all gears shift perfectly as if brand new.

Consider yourself driving a car that insists going left ("oh great, right side hairpin incoming, time to powerslide!"), while remembering to avoid going into 2nd because that gear fails to shift 50% of the times. Or a failing engine that you would HAVE to keep in the high RPM because it stalls under 2500RPM (autostart it within the next seconds, it should only be a small loss of speed that you have to avoid).

And now consider all your opponents struggling with various similar problems. I can see this leading to improbable situations, or funny crashes. More crashes, more parts failing =D

It _should_ be an option as this would be an extreme handicap on clean servers (hit a wall in the first lap, lose all hope for the race)
But that option would be the reason for my future server to exist =)

B - No.
Im all for realism,especially visual damage (i think we are pretty close to perfect with what the engine is capable off). More bending,less squashing,solid but movable parts (engines,axles/hubs etc) would be great,but im not sure wreckfest engine supports it.
As for performance/handling affecting mechanical damage. Its a hard one to balance. It should definitely be optional, as what sounds great on paper 'realistic mechanical damage' might not be so great in game if half the field is limping after turn 1.

Id vote for a 'limp mode' as part of the health system. So mechanical damage only comes into play when a car is close to being dnf (already happens when you lose/damage a front wheel). That way only the cars who are almost dead will be limping round,rather than early on in the race.

P.S the hitter already has an advantage,and it should remain that way for game-play and realism purposes.When 2 cars collide,the faster cars deals the damage to the slower car (with a small part dealt to itself),unless they are traveling towards each other in a head on. In which case both receive damage.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 05:14:38 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

WorldofBay

the faster cars deals the damage to the slower car (with a small part dealt to itself),unless they are traveling towards each other in a head on. In which case both receive damage.

ehm... no.
on a sandpit1 rt1 fw endurance offline some AI messed up at the upwards turn and was standing still in the middle of the track, i ran into it and went directly from white to black. the other car didn't die.

edit: i just drove again there (like the track, fits well for a dirty endurance)
i was fighting somewhere in upper midfield lap 4 and we were lapping some am3 (american 4) that was already severely damaged as it was one of the starting crash victims.
my am2 (american3 ... honestly, why changing a generic name to some other generic name???) had front in bright red.
the am3 hit that grey box on the upwards straight and crossed the track, i couldn't dodge and drove right into him with speed difference of 140 km/h. funnily i exactly hit his most vulnerable spot, front left, where he was already critically damaged.

i died.
he didn't.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 07:52:23 PM by WorldofBay »
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

sam223

the faster cars deals the damage to the slower car (with a small part dealt to itself),unless they are traveling towards each other in a head on. In which case both receive damage.

ehm... no.
on a sandpit1 rt1 fw endurance offline some AI messed up at the upwards turn and was standing still in the middle of the track, i ran into it and went directly from white to black. the other car didn't die.

edit: i just drove again there (like the track, fits well for a dirty endurance)
i was fighting somewhere in upper midfield lap 4 and we were lapping some am3 (american 4) that was already severely damaged as it was one of the starting crash victims.
my am2 (american3 ... honestly, why changing a generic name to some other generic name???) had front in bright red.
the am3 hit that grey box on the upwards straight and crossed the track, i couldn't dodge and drove right into him with speed difference of 140 km/h. funnily i exactly hit his most vulnerable spot, front left, where he was already critically damaged.

i died.
he didn't.

Something has changed a little,where the dealing car receives more damage. Also noticed it plays a bigger part in chassis choice. EU3 is soft as shit,cant hit anyone without wrecking yourself.
Side gained strength aswell, if you are wanting to block the track,you get more takedowns by using you car sides. Watch those EU3's wreck themselves on your drivers door.

P.s what you quoted,was me suggesting what should happen,not necessarily what is happening in game exactly.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 05:02:51 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

FollowWings

Im a little sad cause the game get a little NFS or other arcadish game feeling now, sorry, i hope the game will come back once to deserve its tittle Next Car Game , i really hope! Handling and everything is such perfect except realism damage effect 'limbing', just make a little little tiny more realistic pls, or is it ok I can win with stucked frontwheels n deformed main parts?! Sorry i wont ask anymore

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én LG-H340n-el

DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

Ste@mroll

100MPH is kinda high speed, so I'd expect bumby ride there.

I've had no problems on Gravel or Tarmac.

On Sandpit 1 course 2 it is very easy now to hit that jump at 100 mph, especially in B-class cars. I'm not expecting a smooth landing like I'm running a Stadium Truck or Baja Buggies or anything, but sometimes all 4 wheels just bounce back up in the air like you're a basketball and there's no control of the car until it hits a tree or that van in the hairpin. Losing speed on the landing if you nose down is fine, front end damage is fine, bouncing around like a basketball isn't. Thankfully though it occured rarely compared to build #7, where AM4 would launch itself into a front-flip on landing just getting two wheels off the ground.

Tarmac 2 likes to flip the AI cars over in my experience, but that I don't mind since it's apart of the course's character. Gravel hasn't really been much of a bother for me unless I accidentally use Stiff Suspension, which is obviously my stupidity there.

sbdesign69

I just play one hour with the 2015-11-19 release I reinstall.
As you mentioned in the description of this update "visual damage Improved accuracy and realism, cars now deform more like they're made of sheet metal INSTEAD of paper or plastic. "
This version is still my favorite for now. We really like driving a muscle car. Not a car made of cardboard!
I love playing online, but for now, I think I'll play solo on this version gives me much more pleasure and above realism. This remains my personal opinion and respects the opinion of others about the game.
I do not understand the Bugbear decision to have fallen on this update and have applied again the extreme deformation of the cars. I guess I'm part of the minority that wants a more realistic play.
Bugbear Please help me understand your decision.

sbdesign69

Further to my last post above, I imagine that the decision to return to readily crushable cars is probably a corporate decision to bring the game or the majority of players want it to be. Being myself a business owner, I understand this decision if this is the case of course! But I also know that it is possible to select a degree of realism in the game to meet the most players, it will be a wise choice to broaden the customer base for your game. Now I know nothing programming and am not able to measure the feasibility of the thing. Or maybe I'm completely in the field with lawnmowers!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 09:59:37 PM by sbdesign69 »

WorldofBay

Gravel hasn't really been much of a bother for me unless I accidentally use Stiff Suspension, which is obviously my stupidity there.

but gravel wants a stiff sus :o
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Purple44

Further to my last post above, I imagine that the decision to return to readily crushable cars is probably a corporate decision to bring the game or the majority of players want it to be. Being myself a business owner, I understand this decision if this is the case of course! But I also know that it is possible to select a degree of realism in the game to meet the most players, it will be a wise choice to broaden the customer base for your game. Now I know nothing programming and am not able to measure the feasibility of the thing. Or maybe I'm completely in the field with lawnmowers!

I guess Bugbear need an option to set the level of visual damage. One that leans more realistic, one to the more extreme side like Build #8 is now. Just need to adjust current Build so the front tires don't fall of to easy. With a red indicator, you can loose one your front tires off the Muscle 4 car.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sbdesign69

With an option in the game to determine the degree of damage, it is certain that everyone would be satisfied. But is this really feasible? I do not know!

TPEHAK

I'm happy with the update, the online game works pretty smooth, especially with small ping.
LAPTOP GIGABYTE P35X V3 || INTEL CORE i7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ ||NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980M  8GB GDDR5|| 16GB RAM || 103GB SSD || 1TB HDD || WINDOWS 10 HOME

GeorgeNole

Sounds as if you have been a busy man Jim, thanks for the comprehensive update.
??? ?????? ???  ?llon.ru - ????????-??????? ???????? ? ?????????. ??????? ?????, ????????? ????. ???????? ???????? ?? ?????? ?????? ? ???????.