Author Topic: Hotfix 2015-12-04  (Read 12162 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

And so, here's a hotfix for the issues introduced in yesterday's update. Thanks for the feedback, everyone, please keep it coming!

General:

* Dedicated server no longer crashes upon launching.
* AM2/AM3 now have correct parts shown in the marketplace.
* Speedway 2 Inner Oval is now more narrow and confined.
* Added reward scaling per event length and car class.
* Removed invisible object on Speedway, Figure 8 layout.
* Fixed money shown in lobby's market not updating after receiving race rewards.
* Reduced tendency of vehicles rolling over.
* It's no longer possible to build AM1 242.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:27:49 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

BenDover

Server works again, thank so much BugBear Crew!!! :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Janne Suur-Näkki

You're welcome, happy wrecking! I'm personally looking forward to taking some time off during the weekend to race a couple of races too ;-)

St. Jimmy

The changelog sounds nice. I thought the cars flip over bit too easily before so now it's time to test again.
Awesome that you narrowed that inner speedway and nice to hear that you fixed the broken stuff. Good job!
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

BenDover

You're welcome, happy wrecking! I'm personally looking forward to taking some time off during the weekend to race a couple of races too ;-)

Happy racing for us ;D haha, you are always welcome if you are intressted in racing!! :D

Go home early today, all of you!! :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

BrianUK

Has the OP AM1 been sorted, or are we doomed to see lobbies full of A242 AM1's?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Point taken ;-) And thanks, I'll definitely drop by your server if I have a chance.

@BrianUK: Should be fixed. In case the player has the affected car in inventory it will revert to using valid stock parts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:25:54 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »

DD-Indeed

Thanks BB! Got our servers back too, at least one of them, second one is still messing up something. :D

Tested inner oval, it was good.

Couple cons I have is engine sounds, Sedan with 350 cid engine (got it back, thanks about that too!) revs like crazy. :D
And you said something about changing the torque curves, I can see that, the 350 cid now lacks a lot of torque.

EDIT: Revs way too high, as you can hear in this clip:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:45:10 PM by DD-Indeed »

Dillinja187

Yeah many thanks for swift fix on the dedicated servers + other fixes !, cheers.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:30:40 PM by Dillinja187 »
Dillinja187 Wreckfest server :- Get Amongst it !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dillinja187sServer

HAF-X===i4770k @ 4.5===Dark Rock Pro 2===MSI X-POWER z87===Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme===16 Gb Corsair 1866mhz=== Corsair 1200i PSU===X2 Samsung Evo Pro 256===Phillips 40" 4K monitor 4065uc===Win 8.1

MSPORTBMW

Thanks bugbear

rwb

You mean just-right-powered? That thing is great, first time I've felt like I have almost enough power in this game. I like the idea of possible cross-car engine swaps anyway, since cars like this go together like Legos in reality.

I had a great time playing yesterday, FFB feels great now and the cars are a pleasure to drive, happy to see the progress.

@BrianUK: Should be fixed. In case the player has the affected car in inventory it will revert to using valid stock parts.

Aww. C'mon guys, power is good, and more is better.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 04:21:56 PM by rwb »

FalconXY

Thank you Bugbear for the quick fixes and updates.  :D

That's the way it should be and I wish we would be informed about the work in progress for the next build.

What gamemodes, tracks, cars are you working on ?
So like we had the weekly news a long time ago.

The long quiet from Bugbear devs in this forum was terrible. At that time I did not wanted to write anything here anymore because I thought noone from Bugbear will read it.
It's good to see that the users are in a dialog with the devs from Bugbear again.

Please keep it this way. Thanks !   ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:56:49 PM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

doombadger

* Reduced tendency of vehicles rolling over.

Nicely done. Felt like I was driving with a piano on the roof rack :P

BrianUK

You mean just-right-powered? That thing is great, first time I've felt like I have almost enough power in this game. I like the idea of possible cross-car engine swaps anyway, since cars like this go together like Legos in reality.

I had a great time playing yesterday, FFB feels great now and the cars are a pleasure to drive, happy to see the progress.

If it was balanced, then yeah. Unfortunately it was more than a second faster than the other cars over a lap of Tarmac 2, which means everyone would use exclusively that car.

sam223

If it was balanced, then yeah. Unfortunately it was more than a second faster than the other cars over a lap of Tarmac 2, which means everyone would use exclusively that car.
1 second is a short time over such a long lap,especially on that track,where almost every corner is 90degrees. Prime location to just run people flatout into the turn at the braking zone.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2