Author Topic: Local SplitScreen Mode?  (Read 10562 times)

bestgrafix

Hi folks,

will there be a splitscreenmode ?Would be realy awesome to battle with friends on a beamer / tv.

greets

ben

Usmovers_02

Splitscreen seems to be a dying breed especially on PCs. I would love to see it in this game though.

danell

Yes pleaseeee! There are not many splitscreengames left to play :( Almost all have lan but rather play splitscreen in lower quality than needing to buy an other computer and one more screen to fit in my small apartment.

dbs213

It would have to take away some of the graphics quality, but I don't think anyone would notice that.

I can assure that this game will make game nights with friends fun once again with splitscreen
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

John Burning

Yep! That would be cool to have a splitscreen in the game!

Candyman2131

If theirs one thing I hate most about most games nowadays its that theres almost no splitscreen. its like all gaming companies just assume were no lives that have no friends to come over to our house and play games. don't get me wrong multiplayer online is great and its what I mostly play when gaming with friends but guess what. I have brothers sisters parents relatives and friends that all come to my house and we can almost never find a good split screen game. if you have a game the has online multiplayer then it should be EXPECTED that you also make a splitscreen mode and actually put alittle effort into it and make each screen take up half the tv screen. don't be stupid like cod and do something like make it use 1/4 the screen only when you play splitscreen.

Joonas Laakso

We love splitscreen. The reason it's not more common is twofold.

1) it's expensive in terms of processing. Without going into details, rendering two scenes is just more expensive. So it places restraints on how much stuff and effects we can have in the game.

2) it's expensive in terms of production. Splitscreen requires substantial changes to menus, HUDs, game saves, profiles, input handling and rendering - it basically affects all the systems as the rest of the game has been designed and built with just one player looking at the screen and controlling it.

Especially part 2 there means that we must weigh its development cost against the number of people benefitting from it. It's high on the "nice to have" list. But this is precisely the kind of thing we need to hear about if you want it in the game!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:44:17 PM by Joonas Laakso »

AutoAssassin11

Yes PLEASE add splitscreen. Online is almost always down and is like to put the smackdown on my brother! (And dad of 4 player split screen). And if you do that, can you make it with saved characters so we don't have to start all over on my custom every time Id play splitscreen? That would make this a for sure game to buy!

SpeedDevil

I've always enjoyed gaming with friends on the couch but every time I am playing a recent racing game and they arrive I have to disappoint them they can't take me on in split-screen.

So it would be awesome if you can include split-screen so we can challenge anyone dropping by, and of course win more bets for beer :D

Car Looter

What can we do to convince you that the benefits are way over the cost in this issue?  ;)

I have spent huge amount of time playing minigames of Flatout 1&2 on couch with friends wondering how cool it would be to actually race against each other. Currenty there is only one modern racing game which supports SplitScreen - Blur. Many friends have bought the game just because of that feature. You would hit the jackpot with SplitScreen support.

Remember which one is more important - The amount of details in game or that you actually can play the game with your friends?

With all respect - Please give life back to racing games.

Firebird

I'd love split-screen too but I'd rather the development time go to other things if the core game will suffer. Just my two cents...
Win 10 Pro - i5 2500K - 12GB - R9 290

DeadMac

I would wait till we have the 10,000 beta players and then ask the question to each of them

for me if you move it to consoles I would say yes 100% but pc's no it's rare I have friends in the same room has my pc they all at home on teamspeak lol

if you could add a poll in game or on a launch window to answer many questions you need answering would be a good thing to do because most people miss forum polls , I know I do

franky

I really think split screen on PC is due for a comeback, simply because more and more people connect their PCs to the TVs and game on there.

Akkulader

We love splitscreen. The reason it's not more common is twofold.

1) it's expensive in terms of processing. Without going into details, rendering two scenes is just more expensive. So it places restraints on how much stuff and effects we can have in the game.

2) it's expensive in terms of production. Splitscreen requires substantial changes to menus, HUDs, game saves, profiles, input handling and rendering - it basically affects all the systems as the rest of the game has been designed and built with just one player looking at the screen and controlling it.

Especially part 2 there means that we must weigh its development cost against the number of people benefitting from it. It's high on the "nice to have" list. But this is precisely the kind of thing we need to hear about if you want it in the game!

if i new this i would'nt preordered the game :(
i just thought it's naturally that developers, who want to create a multiplayer game, include a multiplayer mode which can be played with friends localy... :(

a huge mistake... fuck :( 

Joonas Laakso

if i new this i would'nt preordered the game :(
i just thought it's naturally that developers, who want to create a multiplayer game, include a multiplayer mode which can be played with friends localy... :(

In case I was unclear above: we do want to include splitscreen.
All I'm saying is that it's expensive and we need to weigh it against other features. So I can't guarantee it to you right now, not until we're further along in development.