Author Topic: Update 2015-12-18  (Read 11944 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Holiday season is almost here, and before Santa starts rumbling down the chimney it's time for a new update for Wreckfest! We've been working hard to ensure that you have something new to play with during the holiday season (because we know that's something you all love to do!), and we're happy to let you know that the update introduces a work-in-progress version of a new rally-cross type track that we're working on, offering a yet another dose of explosive neck-to-neck racing in trademark Wreckfest style. Some of you might even recognize the track!

Inspired by the new track we've also made some further refinements to our tyre model, guaranteed to give you a more responsive driving feel. Suspension setups were also reworked, and overall the cars are now more balanced and realistic than ever before. To match the physics improvements gamepad and keyboard controls were also reworked, and for the first time ever the Speed Sensitivity setting is working to help you not go over the slip angle of the tyre in order to maximize cornering ability. As always it's best to start with the default settings and work your way from there.

In other important news we've put effort in improving the offline and online performance based on the feedback we've received, our dear supporters. The dedicated server performance has been optimized, and we've improved grass and shadow rendering performance. In our typical fashion the update also contains a number of other improvements and additions under the hood, such as more user-friendly settings menu.

If it's been a while since you last check out the game now it's better time than ever to update your game and take it to the track. During the year the game has seen many updates and it's been improved dramatically with many new features added and old ones improved. Not only that, but there's currently a lively online community offering tons of action for both banger racers and gentleman type racing aficionados.

As always, thanks for your support, have a great holiday and see you on the track!

Changelog:

* Added Mixed 2, a new rally-cross type track.
* Optimized dedicated server CPU usage.
* Improved visual damage scaling with network lag.
* Improved tyre model and suspension setups.
* Tweaked gamepad and keyboard controller.
* Added effect level-of-detail models to improve performance.
* Laps are no longer count when driving in the center of Speedway 2 Inner Oval.
* Improved Racing 2 environment and art.
* Added additional sound effects to user interface.
* Added two new tabs to options (Graphics and Gameplay) with settings split from the previous Display tab.
* Added volume sliders for garage ambient sounds and interface sound effects.
* Grass setting now affects density too, and all quality levels should perform somewhat faster.
* Optimized shadow quality settings and added one more level.
* Fixed a bug in the particle quality setting.
* Made low quality cubemap slightly faster.
* Made some more settings changeable on-the-fly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:34:08 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Purple44

This Build just went live 23 mins ago on Steam.  :D Look like I just got hoem in time to checkout the new Build. Hmmm, wasn't I planning on going to bed when I got home today from working the graveyard shift??  So I could be up in time for the "Unlimited Wrecker Rallycross" later to day.  :P

Janne should I be calling this Build #9 or Build #10?

Did the inner oval track count as Build #9?

No new car before the Christmas break? Is this last Build for this year then Janne?

Thanks Bugbear for letting us test the new builds and hotfixes more frequently.  :D :D

Edit: only about a 2min download

Edit 2:  Need to remap your Controls buttons. I need to get the right button for handbrake and in-game chat. :P

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:44:46 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Tonza

We've been spoiled with these updates lately :)

BenDover

When I go to 3rd gear I have no longer controll of my car. (Cant steer) I have xbox 360 pad.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

St. Jimmy

Holy moly a new build :o
Post some videos and screens from the Mixed 2. I can get to my computer couple days after the new year so I've long time to wait and see things :P
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

DD-Indeed

Fast thoughts and cons:

Mixed 2 is great track, but it's like 50 % done.

And you need to make hotfix soon, the game runs now badly and the throttle works very oddly.

EDIT: Game used to run at 80-90 fps on the menu itself, now it's 38-44. :s
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:09:52 PM by DD-Indeed »

The Very End

Thanks for the update! :D

Janne Suur-Näkki

BenDover
Which car, and in what situation? You could try lowering Speed Sensitivity for gamepad.

Purple
No idea honestly with our expedited update rate, maybe just call it a build :)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

BrianUK

Understeer is dreadful. Can we have yesterday's handling back pl0x. All we needed was the suspension sorting and it was good to go. I don't know why big handling changes don't get given to us to test.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 06:38:24 PM by BrianUK »

kickstart

When we can use the clutch paddle?
Is that planned?

BenDover

BenDover
Which car, and in what situation? You could try lowering Speed Sensitivity for gamepad.

Purple
No idea honestly with our expedited update rate, maybe just call it a build :)

AM3, I will try to do so. Thanks.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

mazeGCHQ

Please Please  Return to previous version My cars are un-driveable sooo slow, the gears and very long I can't get out of 3rd gear on most tracks.  all the off the cars are moving in a slow motion when passing me including my own car seem so slow...
I loved this game yesterday, Now I cant even come to race it's that bad!!!!

Such a shame as this was a brilliant little racing /wreaking game...

Daystar

I am digging the new Mixed 2 track! Great job Bugbear... I know it's still in development, but I love the layout!

Having no issues with FPS, or car handling! Cool Update!

Marky

Initial testing of the dedicated server isn't really yielding in much of a result.

Still choppy with me and 23 bots, for no real reason other than the multi-core threading probably still isn't activated or working.
Join the RaceFest Community!

A community centered around Wreckfest, playing all sorts of racing games and more, with dedicated servers, forums, and teamspeak!

Take a look at our website and signup at: www.racefest.co

sam223

Understeer is dreadful. Can we have yesterday's handling back pl0x. All we needed was the suspension sorting and it was good to go. I don't know why big handling changes don't get given to us to test.
When I go to 3rd gear I have no longer controll of my car. (Cant steer) I have xbox 360 pad.

advanced controller options got reset again,might be something to do with it?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2