Holiday season is almost here, and before Santa starts rumbling down the chimney it's time for a new update for Wreckfest! We've been working hard to ensure that you have something new to play with during the holiday season (because we know that's something you all love to do!), and we're happy to let you know that the update introduces a work-in-progress version of a new rally-cross type track that we're working on, offering a yet another dose of explosive neck-to-neck racing in trademark Wreckfest style. Some of you might even recognize the track!
Inspired by the new track we've also made some further refinements to our tyre model, guaranteed to give you a more responsive driving feel. Suspension setups were also reworked, and overall the cars are now more balanced and realistic than ever before. To match the physics improvements gamepad and keyboard controls were also reworked, and for the first time ever the Speed Sensitivity setting is working to help you not go over the slip angle of the tyre in order to maximize cornering ability. As always it's best to start with the default settings and work your way from there.
In other important news we've put effort in improving the offline and online performance based on the feedback we've received, our dear supporters. The dedicated server performance has been optimized, and we've improved grass and shadow rendering performance. In our typical fashion the update also contains a number of other improvements and additions under the hood, such as more user-friendly settings menu.
If it's been a while since you last check out the game now it's better time than ever to update your game and take it to the track. During the year the game has seen many updates and it's been improved dramatically with many new features added and old ones improved. Not only that, but there's currently a lively online community offering tons of action for both banger racers and gentleman type racing aficionados.
As always, thanks for your support, have a great holiday and see you on the track!Changelog:
* Added Mixed 2, a new rally-cross type track.
* Optimized dedicated server CPU usage.
* Improved visual damage scaling with network lag.
* Improved tyre model and suspension setups.
* Tweaked gamepad and keyboard controller.
* Added effect level-of-detail models to improve performance.
* Laps are no longer count when driving in the center of Speedway 2 Inner Oval.
* Improved Racing 2 environment and art.
* Added additional sound effects to user interface.
* Added two new tabs to options (Graphics and Gameplay) with settings split from the previous Display tab.
* Added volume sliders for garage ambient sounds and interface sound effects.
* Grass setting now affects density too, and all quality levels should perform somewhat faster.
* Optimized shadow quality settings and added one more level.
* Fixed a bug in the particle quality setting.
* Made low quality cubemap slightly faster.
* Made some more settings changeable on-the-fly.