Author Topic: Update 2015-12-18  (Read 12380 times)

lobsterfran

Sure! We have a couple of new cars in production but just couldn't get either of them to a presentable shape before the holidays.

Wouldn't bother me. Not one of my cars has ever finished a race in a 'presentable' shape.  :P

Hoppen

I really like the new track as well, although it would be even better with some elevation changes it's an interesting track, being very difficult to master.

Mind sharing what kind of tweaks? Would love to give them a go just for comparison if nothing else.

Some elevation changes could definitely improve it, and you're right, it will be difficult to master, which is what I love about it, lots of tight and interesting corners, and a lot of surface changes between dirt and tarmac. (I love the texture on the dirt, it looks great!)

For tweaks, I felt I had to reduce the speed sensitivity from the 100% default down to about 85-90%, before this update I was sitting at 80%, I also increased steering sensitivity to 50%, I had been using 0% on that.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad

DD-Indeed

*removed*
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:25:30 AM by DD-Indeed »

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks Michael! I'll give you setup a go. The differential (and suspension of course) has a drastic impact on how the car the behaves. Stiff suspension often makes the car easier to control because it reduces roll.

Hoppen, I too feel that around 90% speed sensitivity is the sweet spot. That said having speed sensitivity at 100% makes the car easier to control for the non-initiated, which is why we went with it as default. Even so it's largely down to your driving style, and in the end, what you get used to. We were somewhat worried that you guys would react negatively to the handling changes, but I'm hoping that people will give it some time to get used to it. Personally I feel it's much improved compared to what we've ever had.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Janne Suur-Näkki

DD-Indeed, what are your system specs? Any more details on the performance drop?
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Daystar

Yeah Janne, I was under the impression that when you use stiff suspension, it drops the car lower to the ground and is riskier becuase of lowered clearance over ground objects such as pylons, tires, car debris, speep bumps (aka: Tarmac 2 track) !!! but I will give stiff suspension a go on some dirt circuits later on tonight to test.

Also.. keyboard handling is better in this build! I can safely race with all assists off, and over steer is greatly reduced! Great job Team Bugbear!!!

DD-Indeed

*removed*
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:25:47 AM by DD-Indeed »

Purple44

I really like the new track as well, although it would be even better with some elevation changes it's an interesting track, being very difficult to master.

Started a new thread:

Discussion of the new Mixed 2 track design.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

Driving feels nice still, im using 40% speed sensitivity,6% deadzone,ps3 pad (locked diff,soft suspension). I like the new track aswell.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

Is this a new track coming? Was uploaded after the first public upload this morning with the new Mixed 2 track:

Changed Stats schema

stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.dnf_count/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.dnf_count/displayName: Valkenswaard dnf count
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.finished_count/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.finished_count/displayName: Valkenswaard finished count
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.hours_driven/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.hours_driven/displayName: Valkenswaard hours driven
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.kilometers_driven/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.kilometers_driven/displayName: Valkenswaard kilometers driven
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.top_speed_kmh/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.top_speed_kmh/displayName: Valkenswaard top speed kmh

https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Played with the AM4. I feel I've reached a similar conclusion to brian. For that car to whip a 180 degree turn now seems damn near impossible. The understeer makes the game car feel really awkward, and the game feels as though the rear tires are pivoting to counter the oversteer... As soon as I get the rear tires to spin, the front end starts to come over with the ass end making turning around corners a bear.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

KingOfTheCakes

Great update once again, but... will the mechanical damage be tweaked again at some point please? It feels as if you receive too much damage from when you're either nudging or hitting slower cars.

I miss doing this, and also that camera view:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdsyFkZH3U
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 03:06:24 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

happyrichie

Fast thoughts and cons:

And you need to make hotfix soon, the game runs now badly and the throttle works very oddly.

this^^

dont know what it is but when i red line in a gear i loose speed with full throttle, half throttle and i max out the gear with a higher speed, very odd other wise things bin going ok.

i like mixed 2, bit flat but thats ok, the billboards at the end of the last bend can get in the way of 3rd person driving,  i hope you make some of the walls destructible like the 2nd 2 last bend, that rail in the middle of the track, would be real sweet if i could drill a car through it and out on 2 the outside line and just in general, like after the long straight and into the real tight right bend, that bends just gona get blocked with 24 dirty players unless we can cut or destroy some of that wall.

Daystar

Is this a new track coming? Was uploaded after the first public upload this morning with the new Mixed 2 track:

Changed Stats schema

stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.dnf_count/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.dnf_count/displayName: Valkenswaard dnf count
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.finished_count/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.finished_count/displayName: Valkenswaard finished count
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.hours_driven/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.hours_driven/displayName: Valkenswaard hours driven
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.kilometers_driven/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.kilometers_driven/displayName: Valkenswaard kilometers driven
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.top_speed_kmh/defaultvalue: 0
stats/Data/Art/Levels/GameplaySet/Track_Deposit/Valkenswaard/.top_speed_kmh/displayName: Valkenswaard top speed kmh

Now that's a good question Purple...

I tried locating a bigger pic but had no luck. this track looks cool minus the motorcross section.
curious if they keep the little lakes intact. looks like a fun track  to me. if we get that track that is.

vinno

Changed Stats schema

that is actually mixed 2. that is the real life name of the track mixed 2 is based on.