Author Topic: Update 2015-12-23  (Read 22867 times)

doubletom

Well, it's all fun and good but I don't know what the f*** you did to ruin the game for racing wheels. It's impossible to drive with a wheel now (Logitech Momo and G25 tested) and before it was perfect. It's so rubbery and feels like the steering column is made of rubber when in mid-slide. The update changelog only mentions the keyboard tuning but I think you managed to mess up the wheel part since it doesn't work as expected anymore.

doubletom

Also the timing is broken. The clock shows different time than is recorded. It's like + 10-15s to actual time on the clock than it records it. Tested in Tarmac2.
FPS is around 70 for me.

Purple44

Well, it's all fun and good but I don't know what the f*** you did to ruin the game for racing wheels. It's impossible to drive with a wheel now (Logitech Momo and G25 tested) and before it was perfect. It's so rubbery and feels like the steering column is made of rubber when in mid-slide. The update changelog only mentions the keyboard tuning but I think you managed to mess up the wheel part since it doesn't work as expected anymore.

You check the FFB setting? I was using 65% because FFB was too strong couple of Builds ago. Last night online was not feeling much FFB. Check my setting and FFB was at 80% and weak. Bump FFB up to 100% and FFB back and I got some steering tension now to help stop me from over steering with my DFGT wheel and no assists.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mr Wobbler

I don't think he is talking about FFB strength because the description "Steering column is made of rubber" is exactly what I experienced online just then. What surprised me was that I experienced this steering lag in a server where I had a ping of 70 and only 1 competitor. I have experienced the same problem in the last few builds but thankfully only online and only occasionally. What makes it even stranger is that the on screen steering wheel is in time with the G25s wheel movement but the rubber on the road is delayed probably 0.3 seconds or so making it feel like the steering column is made of rubber.

BrianUK

Handling is dogshit, guys. I used to have control over my car, I just feel like a passenger these days. I'm done until it goes back to how it was at build 6 or whatever we had a few weeks back. No amount of adjustments in the settings is making it any better.

Nice to see we have got some fun GRID2 handling though (not).

MamieNova

hmmm, don't really have enough time to get good times down these days, but I really don't understand what you people are talking about, I've NEVER kept my car under control so easily before this update.

My only problem is the random bouncing on gravel when landing jumps

Seems to me that differentials work more like what I would expect (meaning that locked only makes sense on tarmac 2, haven't checked oval yet)
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

BigPoppa_C

hmmm, don't really have enough time to get good times down these days, but I really don't understand what you people are talking about, I've NEVER kept my car under control so easily before this update.

My only problem is the random bouncing on gravel when landing jumps

Seems to me that differentials work more like what I would expect (meaning that locked only makes sense on tarmac 2, haven't checked oval yet)

The cars are more twitchy (I don't have a problem with that). I have a problem with how the weight of the car shifts and that you constantly have to have some sort of a power slide going on to keep any momentum. Every other differential is therefore useless. I had to relearn how to drive in this game because of the latest update.
The only car that is fun now is the European 1. Everything else feels like a chore to drive. Also, massive under steer when you lift the throttle is why I had to relearn how to drive the car; this also limits driving styles massively to just Grid style. So, not much of a simulator anymore basically. Bugbear had said they were going to keep the simulation style elements, whilst these changes are, in my opinion, a huge leap in the other direction.

Daystar

Try keyboard... you won't regret handling!
and make sure all your parts and suspension is correct! and new to almost new condition!
---
It all really boils down to finding that sweet spot in your car setups and the associated tracks best suitable for that setup!
and I really do not understand, how some will complain about the handling... yet their best laptimes are so great?

hande11

Try keyboard... you won't regret handling!
and make sure all your parts and suspension is correct! and new to almost new condition!
---
It all really boils down to finding that sweet spot in your car setups and the associated tracks best suitable for that setup!
and I really do not understand, how some will complain about the handling... yet their best laptimes are so great?

Agree, that keyboard and car + controller setup (sometimes a bit tricky to find good settings) is now supporting very nicely, atleast for a bit more powersliding type of game play. I have found handling in this respect to be very good. After some tweaks, i'm fully liking driving with keyboard and how car's behave.  It's no grid -handling with kb, imho in this sense.

Hopefully Bugbear can listen and fix handling quickly for wheel controllers now too (i don't own one, so impossible to test). I have a feeling by playing with keyboard, that car physics are now actually very good, but seeing wheel players suffering, controller integration, especially for wheel need to be tuned!

After that, maybe some fine tuning of the tyre model (grip,etc). Only questionable find for me with keyboard so far is, that tyres give too much grip, and i now drive (AM1) only with 0/100 condition Standard tyres (where you see big difference) where grip is much less.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:51:55 AM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

The Very End

Handling is dogshit, guys. I used to have control over my car, I just feel like a passenger these days. I'm done until it goes back to how it was at build 6 or whatever we had a few weeks back. No amount of adjustments in the settings is making it any better.

Nice to see we have got some fun GRID2 handling though (not).

Learn to drive and stop spewing out bitterness for lack of own abilities.

pred

The new handling is not what im expecting from a "racing game" , its more like grid or needforspeed.  It is far away from realistic, much more than the build before i think. 
And its not an option to change from wheel to keyboard if you want to race ! You can do this for arcade games.

No, i really dont like this handling....
2500k (OC) (Watercooled)
GTX 970 (OC) (Watercooled)
24GB Ram
Thrustmaster T500RS GT6  Wheel

BrianUK

Build 6 was the best we ever had. Every car was fun to drive, the A class EU1 was hilarious fun. Hitting cars in the side hard enough would cause them to roll. Yeah physics were a bit iffy at times, but overall it was the most fun I ever had whether it was on figure 8 or Original Sandpit. Build 6 was accessible but hard to master.

Daystar - everyone plays this game and can bring up issues if they have them regardless of whether they sit top or bottom of the boards.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:17:36 PM by BrianUK »

The Very End

I'll actually will have to agree with you in terms of fun factor. The cars rolling wildly was a lot of fun. The physics are allright now, but cars feels way too heavy and stuck to the ground. Miss the crazy T1 :)

BigPoppa_C

I use a g25 wheel, I play this game to race and hot lap. So handling is the biggest thing in this game for me; having to relearn to drive every build gets infuriating. On previous builds, I would drive the car by the front end, pointing it where I wanted it to go and always steering into the corner, I also used the Limited Slip Differential. In this current build, my wheel is either centered or in opposite lock through the majority of a corner. It's limiting the approach that a driver can use and promoting one style of racing and driving. This makes overtaking less enjoyable and more difficult if i have to plan it 5 to 6 corners ahead of time. You can no longer make adjustments into corners because you have to slide the rear of the car. In other builds I could 'pop' out from behind somebody during braking and still make the corner, with minimum to no contact. I wouldn't even attempt that now.

These builds are taking the handling away from where I thought Bugbear wanted to go with it. 

rwb

Counterpoint, I think it's at its best now. Feels better than it ever has to drive. I'm using a wheel, and playing MP as host pretty much exclusively. Those complaining should probably note what they're using and doing. Maybe it sucks with a controller, and if doubletom is playing MP without hosting, that's likely the problem, as lag does bad things to ffb.

I also think barrel-rolling cars were a pain in the ass.

I don't have as much of a problem with the slidey cars (I drove sideways before anyway) but I'm not sure it isn't just that they're more powerful now. C or B class aren't nearly as prone to powerslide as A, which love going sideways, but that makes sense. I'm liking the tandem drift passes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:06:47 PM by rwb »