Author Topic: KartKraft Greenlighted by Steam  (Read 3275 times)

Heddly

If you are a Karting fan like I am you may want to check this out.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=250033503

Heddly

KartKraft has graduated to Early Access Game

Stage1

Have you ever tried Kart Racing Pro? It's a very accurate sim even in Beta mode.

Heddly

I might have a look at it, thanks. Hasn't been updated since July,2015. Is BugBear working on it? Just Kidding.  :)

KartKraft has been talking for a long time and still no Beta or demo, don't know why it is in Early Access if there is nothing to offer except pics and videos. Is BugBear working oon it? Just Kidding.  :)

Purple44

Doing some research on KartKraft and came across this video done back in August:

This True Racer is a real life kart racer:

From what I read, KartKraft going be a sim. I wonder if it will be to simy for me. I will wait until Heddly tries it out before I think about buying. I be OK with realistic handling. Just don't want to deal with something like tire wear.

http://kartkraftgame.com/developer-diaries/1-precise-simulation-the-making-of-kartkraft/

Join us as we strive to craft the definitive kart racing game of the genre created by our team at Black Delta. Hear from the devs as they explain how they created their custom simulation engine especially for KartKraft, talk about making virtual racing a reality and walk you through the Black Delta headquarters. We take you through our process to create the most authentic and intense kart racing game on the market.

Was trying find out if there going be online kart racing, have not found any posts by the Devs talking about it so far, but the Steam store page show single player and multiplayer.

I did a post about multiplayer here:

@ Devs: Don´t forget thread
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

Quote from: KartKraft;405691491107055695
Quote from: Purple44;405691491104359308

I be curious what the plans are for online multiplayer. At least 12 players online? Got have online text chat or risk online dying off in 2 months after final release, like we have seen with many racing games in the pass with no text chat. Online is a fragile thing, if you don't get it right, online can die a quick death!!

I did a do's and don'ts for online Multiplayer from my 10 years of racing and derbying online, for Bugbear. Might give it a look before you get to far in the development of the online part of KartKraft.

Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts.

All it take is 1 thing to screw up online racing, sometimes!

Thanks for the list Purple! After league racing for the last 15 years, I couldn't agree more.

It look like the Black Delta Devs took a look at my Multiplayer thread. That a good sign. :)

The more racing games that get online done right, the better.  :D

Purple44

That circuits there will be in the game?

Quote from: MostRoninronin
There will be other circuits as Lonato, Adria or others italian circuit?

Quote from: KartKraft;405691491126342683
Hi MostRoninronin - Yes there are other circuits in KartKraft and you are able to directly influence which circuits get added next. As part of Early Access, you and the community will submit suggestions and vote on what tracks you want to drive.

Heddly, you got a favorite track you like to see in KartKraft?

A KartKraft Dev answering a lot of questions today in the Steam forum. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/406350/discussions/0/

MamieNova

Rainbow road seems like an absolute must =D
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Heddly

You got a reply Purple   :D

KartKraft Devs seem to communicate almost daily.

From what I read, KartKraft going be a sim. I wonder if it will be to simy for me. I will wait until Heddly tries it out before I think about buying. I be OK with realistic handling. Just don't want to deal with something like tire wear.

http://kartkraftgame.com/developer-diaries/1-precise-simulation-the-making-of-kartkraft/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/406350/discussions/0/405690850604937803/#c405691491106993708
    Originally posted by Purple44:
    Have a DFGT wheel. Wore out 3 MOMOs and my first DFGT wheel with Flatout 1 and 2 and derby racing in GRID 1. I'm more of a simcade with no assists kind of guy. Hope KartKraft not to simy or if that the direction Black Delta wants to go, will there be an easier mode than sim? Like no tire wear.

Will you be able to rebind your buttons to your liking? Will there be good advance controller settings?

From Wreckfest:
    http://www.lay-zmattress.com/flatout2/purple44/Next%20Car%20Game/NCG-saturation-setting5.jpg

Hi Purple - KartKraft lets you rebind every button/axis to your liking. We already support multiple controllers as well.

To answer your first question; under the hood KartKraft is a full simulation and we won't compromise on our goal to replicate the exact physics of karting by tuning the chassis and tyre models to be more forgiving. By their nature, karts are easy to drive, but difficult to maintain consistency over a race and extract those last couple of tenths. However that doesn't mean if you prefer a simcade style of racing, you'll be left out. In fact it's quite the opposite. We've added options like these and many more for most parts of the game. When multiplayer launches, some of these will also be exposed as server side options to enforce or not:

Counter-Steer, ABS, TC assists
    FFB Gain, Saturation, Steering Lock/Sensitivity
    Throttle/Brake/Clutch Linearity
    Camera Shake On/Off
    Visor On/Off
    Driver Body On/Off
    Steering Wheel On/Off
    Tyre Wear Off, 1x, 2x, 4x etc

If you have any more suggestions, we'd love to hear them.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:48:21 PM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Heddly

Found this response concerning a track editor for KartKraft.

Quote from: HighHo
Will there be any tools to allow track creation, so we can try to recreate our favorite/local tracks?

We will be adding an in-game editor for placement of barriers, tyres, preset curbs etc after launch, however there are no immediate plans for a fully fledged track editor.

Purple44

It look like you will get your wish for some dirt tracks Heddly:

Suggestions & Questions, from a former Kart Racer.

Quote from: KartKraft;405692224237111989
Hi DopeyZero9 - It sounds like a very fun childhood! A few comments based on your suggestions:

1) Although dirt and oval karting won't be in the Early Access launch version, it's a form of karting we are very interested in recreating either during the EA phase or for the full release of KartKraft.

2) As permanent damage has been requested multiple times already and KartKraft already simulates bent chassis' etc, we are looking at how this (Perma-damage) can be integrated in the game whilst still being fun and not overly frustrating.

We'd love to hear more of your suggestions!

I like the look this real world track and it look like it has some variations:

YOUR favorite kart Track

Quote from: DonPromillo;405692224238734886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcxTxHA0GEQ

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 12:02:31 PM by Purple44 »

Heddly

It look like you will get your wish for some dirt tracks Heddly:

Suggestions & Questions, from a former Kart Racer.

Quote from: KartKraft;405692224237111989
Hi DopeyZero9 - It sounds like a very fun childhood! A few comments based on your suggestions:

1) Although dirt and oval karting won't be in the Early Access launch version, it's a form of karting we are very interested in recreating either during the EA phase or for the full release of KartKraft.

2) As permanent damage has been requested multiple times already and KartKraft already simulates bent chassis' etc, we are looking at how this (Perma-damage) can be integrated in the game whilst still being fun and not overly frustrating.

We'd love to hear more of your suggestions!

=======================
Quote from: Heddly;405692758699813697
Quote from: DopeyZero9
Hello Kart Devs, I am very excited for your game. I use to play a different Kart game a few years back on PC, I believe it was Kart Racing Pro.

Great game for its time. I am hoping this title here will fill in those shoes.

I come from a family of racers.. My siblings and I all raced alcohol fueled race karts when we were young. Some of us still have the old racing Karts stored away in the garage. My brother and I use to get into a bit of trouble taking ours onto the 1/8th mile running track of our school nearby, and running 50-70 mph around it til the county cops came and ruined our good fun making us walk them home to confront our parents.

When we weren't out terrorizing our local neighborhood and school playground with our Karts, we took them to our local race track. However our racetracks were made of dirt and clay.. never did we get to witness the feel of asphalt Kart racing aside from the festival like place nearby that rented karts. Which is why I am here to ask if asphalt is the only track types we will see?

I am interested in both types, dirt and asphalt. Very much different from each other, involving a different style of racing and setups. I would enjoy to see many obstacle courses, as well as oval tracks. Short ovals if possible. I see in the trailer that it is mainly obstacle, however I figured it would be worth it to ask about your plans?

Thank you Devs for your time and dedication into this line of racing games.

It is much needed!

Sounds like we are both big fans of dirt, DopeyZero9
I was young with 3 brothers when I started with GoKarts, school and other empty parking lots with cones set up. :)
 Later I raced dirt ovals at Lawrenceburg Speedway and Glencoe Speedway, Ky on dirt ovals.

http://imgur.com/wT8vgry

I like the look this real world track and it look like it has some variations:

YOUR favorite kart Track

Quote from: DonPromillo;405692224238734886
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcxTxHA0GEQ

That looks like a lot of quick racing. I like tracks like that for Karts. Perhaps some of the stock tracks would be good. The oval tracks and Mudpit would be good for oval tracks, even Lawnmower track might be good for a really short oval track.  :)

Purple44

What out for that drone buzzing the race track!

The Drone

Purple44

RaceDepartment has a discussion with the relatively young Australian team Black Delta Studios:

Interview: Black Delta Studios - Developer of the Upcoming KartKraft

ZG:    ......

So how does that all apply to KartKraft? In every other game with karts, the model used to simulate chassis flex has been A-Arm suspension with input parameters that try and get the inside rear wheel to lift around the corner, due to the lack of a differential. If you look at the other games, you can even see the wheels move exactly like they do in a car. And just by hearing that, you know it will never work. So in KartKraft, we’ve created a model that correctly simulates chassis flex and drives exactly like the real thing.

Now going back to your question regarding the ‘simcade’ portmanteau. Simcade exists because a subset of racing game fans enjoy driving vehicles that are easier to drive than they otherwise would be, when driving with a controller or steering wheel strapped to their desk. So how do you make a vehicle easier or more forgiving to drive? You can either change the underlying data you feed into the model and make it less accurate (i.e. Increasing lateral tyre grip above specific yaw angles) or you can leave the highly accurate physics model and provide optional filters that handle some of the driving for you (I.e. Counter steer). In KartKraft, we’ve chosen to do the latter as it doesn’t change the vehicle dynamics, and instead allows both sim and ‘simcade’ racers to enjoy the game.

We’ve also added a multitude of options so you can turn off driving aids, turn off the steering wheel display, the hands, visor overlays , HUDS and everything we would typically do as sim racers.If you enjoy more of a ‘simcade’ experience, and all you have access to is a gamepad, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy the game, so we have spent considerable time making sure you can set competitive lap times with the controller. Sure you will always set better lap times with a wheel, but we wanted to ensure you can enjoy the game regardless of what device you play with, or what preference you have.

Heddly might be interested in this:    ;)

RD: Will modding be supported in the title? When we talk about modding I refer to both the karts themselves and of course the circuits on which they race.

ZG: Yes absolutely. We are strong advocates of modding. It’s where I first started creating content in GP3, and before then obviously using mods in games like GP2 and GPL; so all of our development roots have stemmed from modding.

In terms of how that applies in KartKraft, Steam have a great system in their “Workshop” and we are setting up the processes now to have that integration during Early Access, where community members can use the content and templates which we provide to develop their own helmets or race apparel, the karts themselves, bodywork, engines or whatever else they might like to mod. They can then submit that to us, to curate and release.

Something we are passionate about, is having high quality modded content. We don’t want a free for all out there, with mods that don’t meet the quality expectations of the community. So we will work with the content creators to give them that feedback on what we would like to see to meet that quality standard. Once they meet that level, it will then be released on Steam Workshop as an officially supported mod. We will be announcing a lot more on how modding will be supported in the future.

40 karts online some day, maybe!!  :o

RD: How many slots will multiplayer have?

ZG: Our goal is to have 40 karts all online; with the initial release closer to 16. Again this will evolve during Early Access. The main objective is that online racing is done properly; there is nothing worse than being taken out by a kart or a driver when you didn’t feel any contact or didn’t think you were next to him at all. So we need to make sure that collisions and deterrents for wreckers are handled correctly. Supporting more vehicles is down to us extracting more performance over the network through more advanced compression and prediction algorithms.

I like the sound of this online mode: :)

One of the other modes we have is the quick club day; that’s 3x 8 lap heats with heat one in random grid order, heat two a reverse grid, and a final heat based on the finishing positions of the first two sessions.

Heddly

Hmm, Looks like KartKraft is supporting modding even before the EA release.  :)

I wish BugBear was as generous, we had to wait for Errol to create Breckfest for us to customize skins and it is not user friendly imo.  >:(

Quote from: Grubby
Grubby Mar 9 @ 2:14am
We have previously been advised that the templates would be made available prior to EA release.
Is this still the case?

Quote from: KartKraft;385428458160455099
KartKraft  [developer] Mar 15 @ 11:52pm
@Grubby - Absolutely. We'll be releasing the templates and a style guide next week.