Author Topic: Amount of people per lobby?  (Read 3740 times)

lastday4u

It looked like there is a high number per lobby from the most recent video? Which is great :D Just how many?

AutoAssassin11

At LEAST 8 I'm thinking around 10-16

Firmar

Classic 8 was always enough for pubs.
For fair friends-only competition we used to set 4 slots.
I'm sending transmission

KazzyMac

From what I saw in the trailer it looks like the game should support 12 competitiors max, like they did in UC.

In this day and age 8-player races feel a bit dull and sparse, and from my experience with playing games like Blur, 20 players is far too hectic. 12 is a good limit. Yes, it makes the starts relatively cluttered but then there are enough cars in a level to keep some consistent form of challenge or action going on.

I'm hoping Bugbear sticks to this.
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Satsuma182

I'd ask for 12 at least.

16 would be nice though.

kampsauen

12 or 16
Auto racing is boring except when a car is going at least 172 miles per hour upside down:D

sam223

An adjustable scale would be best depending on the quality of the server the race is held on.Ten year old pc games can run locally hosted servers with 20+ cars/players smoothly so why not now?
Its not 1999 anymore,everyone has broadband now and most of a race can be controlled locally.Visual damage etc.
As with everything in this game the player should have the choice imo. Bad computer/internet = low player amount, decent dedicated server = high player amount.

The option to run larger races if your hardware is capable should be available.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 05:44:59 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

kevman_101

I think 16 or more, but if only 8 show up you can still race, but it should be able to have 16-20 cars in a race or even more in a derby. Try to make it as epic as possible.

KingOfTheCakes

It would be cool to have the same feature as Grid 2 where you can fill up any empty slots with AI drivers instead.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Masterjoc

A
Its not 1999 anymore,everyone has broadband now and most of a race can be controlled locally.Visual damage etc.

Not really. Not everyone got broadband (even Germany is sucky here).

But at the other stuff you wrote, you are 100% right :>

Darknoodles

I hope not less than 16. I'm a bit bored of 8 cars race, it's so empty ...

KazzyMac

A

I've managed to play Blur (20-player online) and Grid 2 (12-player online) on my parents' terrible ADSL phoneline connection, so I think that for 99% of players their Internet can easily handle whatever this game can throw at it, but whether their computers can is a different question.

If there's a career mode, there will likely be a standardised amount of singleplayer AI opponents that'll be similar to the amount deemed 'appropriate' for online. I'm still hazarding 12 as a safe bet. It depends what Bugbear believes is the right choice in terms of allowing lower-end computers to play with respectable FPS against people on higher-end computers..

(for the record I have an i7 so I could probably make this poor thing have 40-car races, but not everyone is so fortunate :P )
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Bender

More players would be great. In my case i´d b e happy with 14 which would cover our demand. But since this might be pretty different for everyone maybe 20 is a good number. I do agree it might be a problem at the start though. but hey ... one can allways try.

sam223

A

I've managed to play Blur (20-player online) and Grid 2 (12-player online) on my parents' terrible ADSL phoneline connection, so I think that for 99% of players their Internet can easily handle whatever this game can throw at it, but whether their computers can is a different question.

If there's a career mode, there will likely be a standardised amount of singleplayer AI opponents that'll be similar to the amount deemed 'appropriate' for online. I'm still hazarding 12 as a safe bet. It depends what Bugbear believes is the right choice in terms of allowing lower-end computers to play with respectable FPS against people on higher-end computers..

(for the record I have an i7 so I could probably make this poor thing have 40-car races, but not everyone is so fortunate :P )
A fixed standard for offline/single player is fine for career/story mode.Online play is where PC games shine and good customizable online play is what keeps gamers playing for a long time.

see:counterstrike (14 year old game engine) and other old games still with very large communities

Adjustable local options : screen resolution,texture detail,draw distance,on/off post processing/particle effects etc are the norm. This should mean anyone can handle more opponents on screen (as long as their pc is capable of running the game at all) and with a decent dedicated server setup the only people who will suffer online will be the people with bad internet connections. Their game experience will suffer online regardless of how many players are allowed in a lobby.

What im basically asking is,dont set limits or have restrictions in game.Allow the players and server owners to set them themselves through 'player max ping limit' etc as technology evolves and allow this game to remain active for a long time.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:59:45 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

05HemiMagnum

I'd like to see 16, or even better 24 cars, and shorter tracks. 8 cars on the Flatout tracks was nowhere near enough and it's no fun because you have to purposely drive a little slower to stay with the pack and have fun crashing