Author Topic: Increase the number of cars in each race? (FO2 and FO1)  (Read 1334 times)

WarthogCC

I remember way back when I first started playing FO1 there was a mod to increase the number of cars you race against from 8 to 16. I don't remember how to do it. But I'm sure the same thing can be done with FO2. Any ideas? Mods or just xml editing?

Heddly

Hi WarthogCC

This link may help.  http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php?topic=334.0

Sorry I misunderstood the question. I don't think it was ever possible.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 12:26:06 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Purple44

If it was possible, I think we would of had it in our Community mods for Flatout 1 and 2.

I do remember helping out with the twelve monkey mod to get 12 players online, but mod was unstable.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

If it was possible, I think we would of had it in our Community mods for Flatout 1 and 2.

I do remember helping out with the twelve monkey mod to get 12 players online, but mod was unstable.

Think I remember that one Purple44, the cars were launching on top of each other?

Purple44

Ya mean like when there only 6 startpoints but 8 cars?

Heddly

I miss modding.   :(  Wish we could have figured out the "track_geom.w32" file to make more tracks with.

FOUC would have been modded if it had sold more copies by  not using GFWL. I'm sure Zmodeler2 would have had a filter for the cars also. It has some really cool new game modes that I like.

WarthogCC

Thanks guys.  I seriously could have sworn that I had a 16 car mod.  I clearly remember racing 12 or 16 cars in single player with a mod installed.  But if it doesn't exist anymore, oh well.  Thanks for the feedback anyway.

Purple44

Flatout Ultimate Carnage does 12 cars offline, but only 8 online. Maybe you was thinking of UC?

WarthogCC

No FOUC didn't exist back then.  FlatOut 1 was the only FlatOut and I remember getting excited about the announcement of FO2 being released.

I can see where it would be a lot of trouble making a mod like that though.  With the spawn points and extra AI profiles, etc...