Author Topic: Multi on Steam servers and splitscreen  (Read 1417 times)

Mindstorm88

Since all the threads about this topics seems "dead", and FO2 its still a great car game, I'm opening this thread to ask to Bugbear:

Would you open an online server for this game on Steam?
Would you make some integration with Steamworks, like achievements?
Would you do something to give us a split-screen race mode for the game?

I know this is an old game, but, as I said, it's still a great game, which is played by a lot of people!
Please!

Heddly

Sorry to say it but BugBear does not support the FlatOut series anymore. Empire Interactive sold the franchise to Strategy First.

You can use Tunngle to play online.

Purple44

Sorry to say it but BugBear does not support the FlatOut series anymore. Empire Interactive sold the franchise to Strategy First.

You can use Tunngle to play online.

You forgot Zoo Games Heddly. Zoo Games brought the rights to the Flatout name when Empire Interactive went belly up:

Here the latest news on Empire Interactive:

Zoo Publishing Snags Empire Interactive Licenses

Zoo Publishing announced a deal to license, publish, and distribute the catalog of titles previously published and developed by, the now defunct, Empire Interactive, allowing it to re-release previous Empire titles, to port previously released games to new platforms, and to create a new gaming content from existing IPs.

In January 2011, Team6 got the OK from Zoo Games to make a new PC version of Flatout ( Flatout 5 ). But by the summer of 2011, Zoo Games ran into financial trouble and Team6 was force to look for a new publisher to be able to finish the new Flatout. That when Strategy First came into the picture.

Bad publisher Strategy First has the rights to Flatout now and any official patch would have to come through Strategy First.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

Forgot about Zoo Publishing, things may have turned out better if Team 6 had used FOUC to build on, but some some reason it was not possible. For now Strategy First has the FlatOut games on sale, FO1 is $1.12, FO2 is $1.49 and FOUC is $2.99.

Strategy First on Steam
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:26:50 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Purple44

Bugbear kept their code, Team6 had to write their own code for FO Chaos & Destruction.

The ROMU game engine is the backbone of the Flatout series. Nobody but Bugbear get to use that engine!
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel