Author Topic: Update 2016-02-26  (Read 18925 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Nope, it's just not a friction difference. You should notice a difference in responsiveness.

TheyLiveWeSleep
Are you having issues in multiplayer with the 64-bit client? What sort of, care to elaborate?

As for the shifting, it's more complicated to fix without breaking automatic but we already know how to - hopefully it won't be long now.

Hoppen
That's from using a double-clutch technique ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 09:52:59 PM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

conso1727

How and where would you use those kind of setups, just offline? The AI players are actually put together in two files, one defining their player profile and the other one their car.
Yes, in offline game only. As I said, to create closed formula leagues, so everyone with same car/parts, or drivers that race in a specific manner.
Also, I hope your shoulder is getting better :)

TheyLiveWeSleep

Nope, it's just not a friction difference. You should notice a difference in responsiveness.

TheyLiveWeSleep
Are you having issues in multiplayer with the 64-bit client? What sort of, care to elaborate?

As for the shifting, it's more complicated to fix without breaking automatic but we already know how to - hopefully it won't be long now.

Hoppen
That's from using a double-clutch technique ;D

That's good to hear. The shifting can be much smoother.
I remember the 64bit multiplayer has never worked for me i just forgot about
it because i didnt play for a while. The servers are just not showing up. The list is always empty.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:40:05 PM by TheyLiveWeSleep »

Mortal

Thanks Janne for the answers

Vibrations feedback:

vibration feedback issues, as mentioned by someone else, it shows very flat, I hope that add new vibrations in situations how gravel surfaces or loss of grip etc.

Another small improvement to the cockpit view when the windows are cracked, add a reflection in the cracked areas specular map, or the like to give more realism, you do not feel like a flat drawing texture.

Question

we know something about the wheel arms animations pilot? This would add a lot of realism and depth, graphically're doing a great job with the game, and these issues will greatly improve the product, worth it!

Mopower

First, I don't know how handling could be so bad in the snow. Watch this derby and you'll have a better idea of what happens in the snow.  It's a rear wheel drive car so the rear tires lose traction,  not so much the front. In case you do snow again, get it right.

https://derbycentral.pivotshare.com/media/austin-2016-weld-class/41340/feature

Moving on...

So, the derbying isn't great but it's not terrible.  What I'd like to see is stuff like this in the game. Some of these guys spend will over 20 grand on a car.  10k or more going into the powertrain alone. Yes, the more stock parts are cool and fun. .  But to really simulate these grassroots sports, you have to get somewhere beyond stock and be able to really build your rides.

This is one from the best derby in the world. Skip to 13:45 for my favorite heat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hERZjn19vg

i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

BrianUK

Cars still ping off the floor on landing some jumps i.e. Gravel. Mentioned before, still there, cannot be as designed.

Mopower

Also, we need more dirt and muddy tracks. Asphalt is so zzzzzzzzzz
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

KingOfTheCakes

Don't get me wrong I really like the handling and the new track, but I'm already kind of done with this update as the current mechanical damage still sucks the fun out, for me. I primarily play this game to smash things up. Hopefully that's hotfixed at some point so that it goes back to being more like how it was two builds ago. Where it was; The harder you hit someone, the less damage you take:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdsyFkZH3U

Just did several derbies, buying one fresh car after  the other, hitting cars far slower than me, but was usually the first to DNF.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:02:22 AM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

rauli badding

Just wanted to mention that the FFB isn't working with european cars properly (Im using DFGT). With american cars you can feel the force and it feels like driving, but with europeans it's just like turning the wheel without any response where the car is going. It's not this build only, the problem has been there for a while.
Xeon E3-1231v3 | Z97 Pro Gamer | GTX 780 | 16 Gb | Samsung 850 EVO | Seasonic G-550 | Logitech DFGT

romando

Great update! I am enjoying the game much more with the repair feature. Lovin' it! Only the XP system is lacking any sense for now, but i guess you guys have plans for it later. Thanks for the update and for fun game!

Heddly

How and where would you use those kind of setups, just offline? The AI players are actually put together in two files, one defining their player profile and the other one their car.
Yes, in offline game only. As I said, to create closed formula leagues, so everyone with same car/parts, or drivers that race in a specific manner.
Also, I hope your shoulder is getting better :)

There are actually already a few AI drivers that are more aggressive, we just had to keep it subtle because they have a tendency of causing major pileups until we refine the logic as to in which

situation they will try to ram you or the other AI drivers.
One last question then I will stop bothering, maybe you need to forward this to the programming department:
What are the AI attributes used, if they include preferred car settings AND If it's possible to have them stored in an .XML file or something similar, so that it can be easily modified to create

leagues like closed formulas, clean racing leagues or so forth.

conso1727

I used to mod the AI drivers "aiprof#.ini" in FlatOut FOV3 so that all drivers used the custom cars I wanted or for all the same driver. I also created the Fast and Clean AI Driver Option for FOV3.
It sure would be nice to have a way to customize the AI drivers to our preference. Other games have AI settings and as far as career mode, let us choose what path we take. We could make it easier or harder depending on our driving abilities for a better game experience.

Speaking of custom cars/tracks, will there be "empty slots" or a folder for future mods?

Hope the shoulder op wasn't a rotator cuff   :o

Heddly

Ah, I new something was up!! I guess we won't see ya online until your shoulder heals up.  ;)

I know my shoulders get sore after a 4 hour session of online racing and derbying with a FF wheel.

"I've got blisters on my fingers!!"

ThomasMink

Cars still ping off the floor on landing some jumps i.e. Gravel. Mentioned before, still there, cannot be as designed.
It was there in the last update, but I only rarely noticed it.. but now it happens all the time, and it's so bad that at least some of the AI flips almost all the time at that jump near the start.
Mink's YouTube
----------
My aged PC: AMD FX-6200 (3.8 GHz), 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 560, Win7 64-bit
Oh.. and keyboard control

Heddly

Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car's icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.

What is the purpose of the Crew? I can just have one crew and switch between cars to add more experience points. What effect does the Crew experience points have in the game?

Hoppen

Note that in order to be able to repair you first need to recruit a crew by clicking the small crew button above the car's icon and then assign your newly-recruited crew to the car.

What is the purpose of the Crew? I can just have one crew and switch between cars to add more experience points. What effect does the Crew experience points have in the game?

As your crew gains experience and levels, they get more "repair points" after each race, which means they're much more effective when repairing the car. I've hired and assigned a crew to each car, it seems easier than wanting to switch them around, the car's crew that i've used most today is already level 4, and at that stage, it looks like I won't need to buy any new parts, their repair points will keep up with the damage.
Xeon e3-1231v3, 16GB, GTX 970, Win10 64bit, Xbox 360 Pad