Author Topic: Tracks and Cars???  (Read 3631 times)

madmax1100

To OP: You just have very old version of the game, if you have only 3 cars, 1 track and no market. Verify your game file catche, update the game and you're good to go.

But then how did madmax sell his 2 cars if he don't have the new Build? But is strange he had 3 cars, that what we had in Build #1 and #2. Here a pic of how to verify your Wreckfest:

thank you, I right clicked on Wreckfest, went to propertise and the validation came up good.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:02:14 AM by madmax1100 »

madmax1100

So, to clarify. When I got the game I had 3 cars in the garage. I bought two.
I can no longer access the garage. I click on it nothing happens.

Is there a way to set the game to default settings...

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 02:06:28 AM by madmax1100 »

Heddly

To OP: You just have very old version of the game, if you have only 3 cars, 1 track and no market. Verify your game file catche, update the game and you're good to go.

But then how did madmax sell his 2 cars if he don't have the new Build? But is strange he had 3 cars, that what we had in Build #1 and #2. Here a pic of how to verify your Wreckfest:

Corrupt game files ? Reinstalling the game should work.
Try that.

madmax1100

Corrupt game files ? Reinstalling the game should work.
Try that.

I agree, I have went through the troubleshooting testing above. I wanted to do that before i reinstalled...

However, as I am new to Steam... erm... how do I reinstall the game, I am sure its another obvious thing that is right in front of my eyes. and should I back these files up before the reinstall or is that not necessary?

Heddly

Try this, it explains more than I could. It also explains how to reinstall games.  :)
How-to-Uninstall-Steam-Games
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:54:36 AM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Purple44

Well you could delete this file career.cres and that would start career mode over. You would have the lawnmower and 5000 credits.

Look for  career.cres file here:

[STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local/wreckfest early access

But madmax if did a few more 24 car races or derbys and got few more bucks, Wreckfest won't let you buy a new car? For 100 bucks, should be able to buy a new lawnmower to test if the Market is still working.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

madmax1100

Well you could delete this file career.cres and that would start career mode over. You would have the lawnmower and 5000 credits.

[STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local/wreckfest early access

But madmax if did a few more 24 car races or derbys and got few more bucks, Wreckfest won't let you buy a new car? For 100 bucks, should be able to buy a new lawnmower to test if the Market is still working.

Wreckfest Garage doesn't open to even show cars I cannot purchase.  It used to show 3 cars and I forgot , yes the lawnmower.
Now the garage doesn't open at all.

I have some 3600 in credits. 

Quite Frankly.. "madmax" hasn't been doing races and derbies because my time is being used to get answers  you guys here lol..

I will go for the reinstall, thanks for all your help...

madmax1100

Try this, it explains more than I could. It also explains how to reinstall games.  :)

When I click on your link it takes me here

http://hubpages.com/technology

I am now really confused.

madmax1100

I deleted the career.cres file. I restart and I still have 1 car. A garage that doesn't open.
I also note that the new career.cres file is created.

Purple44

I deleted the career.cres file. I restart and I still have 1 car. A garage that doesn't open.

Hmm, I think that were you getting confused. Clicking the Garage tab does not open a new window like the other tabs do. When Wreckfest starts, you are in the garage and game will show 1 of your cars inside the garage and you can hold your right mouse key to rotate the car to take a better look at it. And click the red icons on the car to open the doors and hood. And you use the < and >  to scroll the cars at the bottom of the screen if you have bought a bunch off cars.

To get more cars in your garage you have earn more credits to buy more cars.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Heddly

It works now, sorry for typo.

madmax1100

Hmm, I think that were you getting confused. Clicking the Garage tab does not open a new window like the other tabs do. When Wreckfest starts, you are in the garage and game will show 1 of your cars inside the garage and you can hold your right mouse key to rotate the car to take a better look at it. And click the red icons on the car to open the doors and hood. And you use the < and >  to scroll the cars at the bottom of the screen if you have bought a bunch off cars.

To get more cars in your garage you have earn more credits to buy more cars.

Understood... I misinterpreted the garage, Yes, I am in the garage... I had mistakenly considered when I click the next tab as still being in the garage. I had engines and stuff and no cars... but I had originally.  Still didn't, but that  is fixed now. I have reinstalled and I am happily back to where I started AND!!!! I have more CARS then before... So long way around, but yes success.

I want to thank everyone who helped out.  I understand the game more now..

Next I will play it lol... 2 weeks ownership an I haven't got an hour in yet lol...

8)

Mopower

Yung Maximus has crawled out of his den at Strassman's eh?
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.