Author Topic: Chat in-game?  (Read 1168 times)

lastday4u

I think it'd be a good idea to be able to type-chat during the race, there are pros and cons, but that is a feature Flatout was lacking IMO, since no one EVER uses the mic function.

ZorroUK

Who has time to type while smashing the heck outa everyone near them? ;)

lastday4u

Sometimes, when you wreck you need something to do haha.
But you have a fair point :)

DeadMac

for the pc text chat is always a must for the simple fact of ready up or we kick you

and things like brb need a pee so then you don't get kicked  :D

Purple44

Text chat for when you are in the lobby and want to say gr or vgr. And when lobby finishes a 12 event tournament of races and derbys, host says, "break time while I set up a new tournament".

Text chat let players get to know each other online, which is a good think!!  :)

Look at GRID 2, Codemasters made the bad move of not having text chat this time around, GRID 1 had text chat. Most players have their mic off ( I don't do voice chat on my gaming computer ), so things are pretty "quiet" online with GRID 2. Can't say you are sorry when you forget to brake for hard turn and put a player into the guardrail.

Would be nice to have in-game chat while doing a derby, after you wreck your car and want to BS with the other players while spectating the players that are left in derby. GRID 1 had in-game text chat for derby racing.  ;D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

RacerBest

Text chat is must have, and would be cool to have it available during race too.