Author Topic: Medium to Large Lobbies  (Read 1105 times)

eje005

I had this problem before and it wasn't fixed.  I guess I'm more looking for foresight over a possible solution at this point.

When I'm in a lobby of more than 10 (that's not the exact cut off, as I haven't tested it, but it's around there and 10 is always ok) my performance just dies.  I get immense stuttering.  My frames actually stay fine, but the game suddenly chugs as if I was only getting 4 or 5 fps.  My car behaves strangely at that point and I have pretty much no control.  People suggested adjusting the client total prediction time in the past, but that doesn't seem to do anything.  I don't think it's performance related, though I do have an aging PC, because I can run Bots in large numbers completely fine.  I have doubts that the issue is my internet, on a speed test just run I have 180 Mbps down and 12 Mbps up.  So if you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them, DX diag will be attached.

But anyway, I know it'll be hard to answer, even if we knew what the issue was, but is this something I'm stuck dealing with, or is this a bi-product of being in development?  I'm excluded from pretty much every multiplayer lobby because they end up getting too big for me to participate.  In that instance I typically create my own server and limit the players to a number I know works but that's not a great solution because it doesn't always fill up, sometimes there's just not enough people on, or the more full lobbies draw them in more than mine does.

MamieNova

Display Memory: 6080 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1993 MB
Shared Memory: 4087 MB

shared ? like notebooks do ?
If so, I'd try getting rid of that.

Have you monitored your computer performance while playing ? (ideally putting it on a second monitor)

Stuff like CPU/memory/VRAM/disk usage or GPU temperature.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Purple44

There might be an issue with Win 10 screwing up your internet connection with Wreckfest. Zeb been having troubles, getting time out of the lobby a lot. But after running Game Booster before starting Wreckfest, he stable online.

You could also try iobit Game Booster - it turns off unnecessary processes and services while you run a game and it's free.

http://www.iobit.com/en/gamebooster.php
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

eje005

shared ? like notebooks do ?
If so, I'd try getting rid of that.

Have you monitored your computer performance while playing ? (ideally putting it on a second monitor)

Stuff like CPU/memory/VRAM/disk usage or GPU temperature.

Not really sure what to do to disable the sharing.

I have monitored performance with this issue before and didn't notice anything, it was probably 8-10 months ago that I did that.

Gommy1996

Im getting the same problem lately.
Intel Core i7-4790 4-Core 3.6GHz | Zotac 4GB GTX 960 | Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | 2TB | Win 10 | Acer K242HL 24" | PS4 Pad