Author Topic: Update 2016-03-16: NEW CAR!  (Read 10060 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

A new update is now live, with following changes:

General:

* Added a new car: Asian 1.
* Improved shifting with sequential and H-shifter.
* Added a button to automatically distribute all available repair points to parts that are in worst condition.
* Reduced part wear rate.
* Improved foliage.
* Fixed mud surface, tweaked off-road surfaces.
* Multiplayer race start should no longer get stuck if someone joins or timeouts during the last seconds.
* Implemented a probable fix for the 64-bit version sometimes crashing when a large amount of (dynamic) tires activated.
* Bots that are manually added now remain on the dedicated server after track rotation.
* Increased server name length limit.
* Improved HUD.

As always, many thanks for your support!
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

RickyB

Thanks. again. That was fast.

I have only one question - will there ever be "More dynamic content on the tracks to drive through and crash into." ??

(stated in UPCOMING FEATURES on Steam homepage)

sam223

Thanks. again. That was fast.

I have only one question - will there ever be "More dynamic content on the tracks to drive through and crash into." ??

(stated in UPCOMING FEATURES on Steam homepage)
Unlikely i think,unless they are destructible objects which have no effect on gameplay. I.e no mass. Even then there might be issues with cpu calculations,and online definite issues with object positioning.

Shame the asian is another 2.0L. When are there going to be big euro/asians to compete with the yanks? No fix to understeering either :(
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:54:41 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

DD-Indeed

Whoa, another big plus and thumbs us from us! Thank you so much. :) Keep up the good work!

Edit: The new car looks more like an Italian coupe than Asian. :p
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:45:54 PM by DD-Indeed »

Antsaboy

Awesome!! A Skyline 2000Gtr

Edit: And it's RHD, amazing
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:53:46 PM by Antsaboy »
Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT

The Very End

Please provide me some pictures :)

And: As we spoke about in earlier patch, chance to see more layout on the current tracks aswell as option to chose what cars the AI use?

Thanks for patch!

Daystar

Thanks for the update! but why when I race with the AI bots in single player mode, there are no Asian 1 Bots?

Also thanks for lessening the slow down effects, when the car is a bit off the track! really much appreciated!  ;D
and looks like our famous rock is back at Sandpit 2! but offset to the right quite a bit.

WorldofBay

with those mirrors?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

FalconXY

Thanks for this fast update.  :)
I must admit that I have not played the game for a while and not tried the 2016-02-26 update.

Main reason is: There is still not the game mode implemented that would keep me playing longer than a few hours.

Can you focus on more GAME MODES on the next update please ?

Janne, can you tell me please is there a "points for turning other cars" planned and when to expect that mode ?
I mean the Wrecking Racing mode from the old Destruction Derby 1.  :D

I would like to have a race speed slider in single player races where you can reduce the car speeds. I think the speed after the race is over (about 60 km/h) is good for Wrecking Racing where the ONLY goal is to make points by turning opponent cars.

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:07:53 PM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

DD-Indeed

with those mirrors?

No, but, if you look the body style from the side, there is some similarities to Fiat 124 Coupe for example:

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/1971_Fiat_124_Coupe_Racer_1.jpg[/img]]

Not a bad thing, good looking car nevertheless. :)

Tholin

Am I missing something? I bought the Japanese car from the market a few times but it is nowhere in my garage.

happyrichie

seems like its improved a bit but screwed up my gear on a 360 pad, i cant double tap "gear down" short cut and move 2 gears at once, i dont have enough buttons 2 short cut every gear. the asian car is nice but is made out of paper and why ow why, if im @ 0mph sitting in 1st gear and slam my foot on the throttle doesnt anything happen?

WorldofBay

with those mirrors?

No, but, if you look the body style from the side, there is some similarities to Fiat 124 Coupe for example:

<pic>

Not a bad thing, good looking car nevertheless. :)

that's because japanese manufacturers copied a lot of european and especially italian designs back then. hard to find unique asian designs.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

St. Jimmy

It's an obvious Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R 'Hakosuka'. Saw the mirrors first and there was no doubt that is the car of inspiration.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:57:01 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Antsaboy

It's an obvious Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R 'Hakosuka'. Saw the mirrors first and there was no doubt that is the car of inspiration.
Yes exactly!

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 06:58:13 PM by Antsaboy »
Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT