Author Topic: Update 2016-03-16: NEW CAR!  (Read 8789 times)

St. Jimmy

Hmm, how is someone with a ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB)  is now happy with the graphics ( FollowWings ) and somebody with a Powercolor 390 pcs+  is not ( Dela )?

Is this a AMD driver issue or a GPU issue?

And a recent thread over at Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/385428458162909215/

Quote from: Brunis
is there any system requirements for this game ?
im just curious.. cause..ok my pc is not some monster.. but still it's not ????..
i have R9 390 8gb graphics cards 8gb rams and fx 8350 cpu
and my game just sucks.. when i turn off every single thing that can be turned off or set to low.. with 8 oponents in single player it's just lagfest.. bearly getting 20 fps..
is that ok or it sucks just for me ?

¨

Well it didn't run well on 7970Ghz and it didn't run any better on 390. Single player for example mower derby runs just fine (if you turn off grass) but multiplayer you need to turn everything in low to get steady(not still steady) 60fps. I don't think it's just driver issue because on single player my fps without shadows and grass is hovering anywhere between 150+ to 35.

What is your GPU usage when the fps is low? If it isn't maxing, it's a problem with CPU then.
Though it's likely that some new AMD has problems.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:31:48 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

Dela

Between 70-100% and like i said it doesn't matter what driver or even what card.
Phenom II 1055t @ 4.05GHz
2x4GB Hyperx PC3-12800
Powercolor 390 pcs+
Pny Xlr8 240GB ssd
500GB Seagate
320GB Seagate
Corsair Obsidian 750d
Custom loop : Hydor Seltz L20, 12mm tubings, Ek Supermacy and Black Ice Pro2 
24" 1080p

Dela

Still runs like an ass if you have amd gpu. Yes i know amd is cpu heavy but cpu usage was about 60%. I will personally stop supporting this game even though i'm finnish if you are just pushing nvidia friendly tech. It's absolute bullshit that your game runs so much better on equivalent hardware on nvidia card than it does with amd gpu's.

My specs are lower than yours, and I ran Stadium:

Single player, full graphics settings, 24 cars, 20 minutes.

There was a noticeable drop in frame-rate.  Not enough to impact game-play, but just enough that it was starting to give me eye-strain.  CPU usage was about 50%, peaking around 3.2G.  And I was running a GPU monitor, temps were steady at about 70C - warm, but still nominal.

If you're experiencing such serious drops in frame-rate with that setup, I suggest there is something going on other than Bugbear or AMD - malware, viruses, bloatware, too many background programs, have you dusted lately? 

-Don

I'm running clean computer i have no issues with any other game and yes i tested before i spoke so i ran game with bare minimal background programs open. Like i said it seems to be worse on multiplayer for ? reason and different tracks too so for example stadium might be ok ish but then tarmac 1 is absolute ass (if you have anything on and 23 opponents) Don't get me wrong i'm not angry amd fanboy i just don't get why this game runs so much better on nvidia cards and by so much i mean steady 20-30fps difference
Phenom II 1055t @ 4.05GHz
2x4GB Hyperx PC3-12800
Powercolor 390 pcs+
Pny Xlr8 240GB ssd
500GB Seagate
320GB Seagate
Corsair Obsidian 750d
Custom loop : Hydor Seltz L20, 12mm tubings, Ek Supermacy and Black Ice Pro2 
24" 1080p

rauli badding

Thanks for the update, I think it's the best out there yet! Graphics look good, driving feels great and somehow the sense of speed is there again. Been driving with the new Asian 1 for few hours and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite vehicles.

Still need some more FFB with Europeans in my opinion. Americans and the Asian one works perfect with Logitech DFGT.

Good work BB!
Xeon E3-1231v3 | Z97 Pro Gamer | GTX 780 | 16 Gb | Samsung 850 EVO | Seasonic G-550 | Logitech DFGT

KingOfTheCakes

I'm liking all this new content, but is the mechanical damage ever gonna be updated too? The way it is now is killing my experience, if anything it's defying my reason for playing Wreckfest in the first place. Right now, there's no real tactic to dishing out hits, besides avoiding them. Not fun. :(

I'd like it to go back to the golden days of build 7's; The harder you hit someone, the less damage you generally take.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:50:41 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

WorldofBay

I'm liking all this new content, but is the mechanical damage ever gonna be updated too? The way it is now is killing my experience, if anything it's defying my reason for playing Wreckfest in the first place. Right now, there's no real tactic to dishing out hits, besides avoiding them. Not fun. :(

I'd like it to go back to the golden days of build 7's; The harder you hit someone, the less damage you generally take.

currently the car's corners seem to be the vulnerable spots, bad choice as those are the spots the hitter uses. i'm ok with the hitter getting damage like now but then make targets vulnerable, not targeters. wheels, doors, you don't hit with these, they could be the vulnerable spots in a game.

wreckfest provides high-speed derby arenas and a damage model for low-speed ones, that doesn't fit. high-speed needs either strong attacker spots (front mostly) and weak target spots (like said: doors, wheels) or a speed-based damage system, where the more speed you contribute to the crash, the less damage you get (if opponent's speed contribution is fixed), not just the more speed you contribute, the more damage gets opponent.

another thing that kills derby experience for me is that pushing a car in a wall or other car has little to no effect. there's just no damage on your side of the opponent, only where he hits wall/other car and that damage is not even increased by the additional weight you provide to the crash. only effect it seems is that the opponent gets a crash he can't avoid. wow.

btw: this is how you deal takedowns 8)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:32:33 AM by WorldofBay »
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

DaWaN

Still need some more FFB with Europeans in my opinion. Americans and the Asian one works perfect with Logitech DFGT.

The FFB in Wreckfest is not great in my opinion. The FFB feels very 'binary' and not very linear.
Also the European cars indeed lack force.
I have to note the European 1 car is tricky by nature as it has the engine behind the rear axle. It is really a 9/10ths car as driving it 10/10ths will make it spin (also in real life), nothing FFB is going to change about I think.

As for the Asian 1: it is really a nice car. There is however one miss in my opinion: it does sound like a 4 cylinder and not even close to how a straigth 6 should sound.
A straight 6 sounds really smooth and it zings at high revs.
Listen to it in these video's:
https://youtu.be/LODZFP5Lszo
https://youtu.be/txMB_B9qyeU
Core i5 750 @ 3.00GHz - 8GB RAM - GeForce GTX560Ti 2GB - Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Aspirator

The new little asian and it's tentation   :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEvbMvfCqiQ&feature=youtu.be
Win 7 x64 SP1  AMD FX4100@4200mhz  GTX760  SSD Samsung 840SI  on a M5A78L-M USB3 asus MB
Antec HCG-520  8Giga DDR3
LCD 1920x1080  CSR élite  CSR pédales H patern & tout le toutim .

freddy

Can you focus on more GAME MODES on the next update please ?

I remember a game that had a sumo mode, like a derby but on a hill or oil platform and you win points when you push somebody out (and then he respawn randomly). I was champion on that mode, maybe that´s why I would like to have it again  ::)

It did require skill tho.
Ce qui compte ne peut pas toujours être compté, et ce qui peut être compté ne compte pas forcément.
Albert Einstein

Purple44

I remember a game that had a sumo mode, like a derby but on a hill or oil platform and you win points when you push somebody out (and then he respawn randomly). I was champion on that mode, maybe that´s why I would like to have it again  ::)

It did require skill tho.

I like king of the hill, roof derbys.   :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TheyLiveWeSleep

Thanks for this fast update.  :)
I must admit that I have not played the game for a while and not tried the 2016-02-26 update.

Main reason is: There is still not the game mode implemented that would keep me playing longer than a few hours.

Janne, can you tell me please is there a "points for turning other cars" planned and when to expect that mode ?
I mean the Wrecking Racing mode from the old Destruction Derby 1.  :D

I would like to have a race speed slider in single player races where you can reduce the car speeds. I think the speed after the race is over (about 60 km/h) is good for Wrecking Racing where the ONLY goal is to make points by turning opponent cars.

Thank you very much.

Yeah, the game feels slow and a game wouldnt need a lot of stuff to make it better when it's fun. Before they came with that big overhaul update the game was like that for me. Endless fun.

er.alfreder

My post about a new update was deleted , thx, dev

Facial_Burns

My post about a new update was deleted , thx, dev

What was your post about? are you sure it wasent on the new update thread? this is am old thread
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Mopower

The cars are still losing fenders and doors like it's their job. Why don't the cars stay in tact? Did you remove all the factory bolts and screws in the front clip? No comprende.

Seriously though, just let the cars bend upwards. And the am4 "derby" version doesn't have bumpers welded on?  The inner fenders aren't welded to the frame. You have no hood bolts to keep the front clip together, no rods in the trunk? What kind of backyard hick-*** **** is this? Reminds me of how every citiot sees derbies.

That being said, I like the way it performs with the reduced weight, you just didn't add anything for strength or any derby parts.  You put a tin foil bumper on the front of it with 2 chains attached to it. Congratulations on making the trailer trash version of a 1 hit and done derby car.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 08:09:33 PM by Mopower »
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Cornkid

The cars are still losing fenders and doors like it's their job. Why don't the cars stay in tact? Did you remove all the factory bolts and screws in the front clip? No comprende.

Seriously though, just let the cars bend upwards. And the am4 "derby" version doesn't have bumpers welded on?  The inner fenders aren't welded to the frame. You have no hood bolts to keep the front clip together, no rods in the trunk? What kind of backyard hick-*** **** is this? Reminds me of how every citiot sees derbies.

That being said, I like the way it performs with the reduced weight, you just didn't add anything for strength or any derby parts.  You put a tin foil bumper on the front of it with 2 chains attached to it. Congratulations on making the trailer trash version of a 1 hit and done derby car.

Have you tried Sams "UK bangers" mod in steam workshop, those granada's crumple like BB never got them to.

Be keen to read what you think after trying it m8, I know you have been here from the start.