Author Topic: Hotfix 2016-03-17  (Read 6797 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

A hotfix for yesterday's update is now available with following improvements:

* Fixed particles.
* Reduced rough material reflectivity.
* Added stiff limited slip differentials.
* Added Asian 1 AI players.
* Improved Mixed 1 level art.
* Auto-repair can be previewed by hovering over the button.
* Added background blur effect to main menu.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:48:54 PM by Tapio Vierros »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

Did you remember to hotfix the Mudpit surface? I think it's too slippery even when it's suppose to be mud.
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

63R01d

The more slippery the better.  Although it would be nice to have an option to control how wet the surface is.  Also would be nice to control the size of the derby arena.  I like small arenas.  It's more challenging. 

Showli2

The problem is that the mud is too slippery to build up any speed, and the middle is completely useless because it's so bumpy. So you end up with slow hits, and if anybody is lucky, maybe 2 takedowns by the end of an 8-minute deathmatch. Additionally, the AI are hardly affected by the slipperyness.

sam223

Please have a look at what changed with the handling in february jannes. The cars feel like they are glued to to road. Especially on tarmac with EU/Asian cars,loads of understeer even with all assists off. Americans also feel like to much lateral grip imo.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

hande11

Thanks BB for more frequent updates! :)

Btw, what are stiff limited slip differentials, what are we expecting for handling (google would tell, but others might have same question) ?  EDIT: maybe stiffer limited slip differential is more towards of a locked differential than open = increased traction for both rear wheels?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:37:15 PM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

FollowWings

How fast fix! lav ya BugBear!! :) I hope youre well now Jenna! :)
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

Weymire

Just noticed that all cars in the main menu garage are slowly moving backwords. Left my computer for ~15 minutes and here's what happened:

https://youtu.be/WnYRZiLU2Gw
WF Russian community:
http://vk.com/wreckfest

Intel Core i5-2500k @4.3GHz, MSI GTX 970, 12 GB RAM, SSD Plextor 256 GB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB, Windows 10 Pro

RickyBøbby

Thanks! Any chance for a slider or some option to adjust the visual damage?

For the ones who like it a little bit over the top :) It feels as if sometimes almost nothing happens visually when crashing/bumping... especially when car is already dented, second hit doesn't do much more damage sometimes. sometimes there are rather hard crashes, but the damage looks rather modest compared to the impact speed. not always... but sometimes.

WorldofBay

The problem is that the mud is too slippery to build up any speed, and the middle is completely useless because it's so bumpy. So you end up with slow hits, and if anybody is lucky, maybe 2 takedowns by the end of an 8-minute deathmatch. Additionally, the AI are hardly affected by the slipperyness.

that problem is on your side then. middle is not bumpy at all and spinning out happens rarely and expectedly to me, lot less than in flatout 1 on professional handling on second arena (the bumpy mud one). i was driving am1 with standard sus and locked diff, just the parts it already had. and i'm driving on keyboard. ended 10 minutes against AI first with 7:4 at first try after long abscense from this game.

for the first time in this game i consider mudpit a good derby arena now. it still is too big, especially with slippery surface, but now it feels good. could maybe be even more slippery.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

St. Jimmy

Please have a look at what changed with the handling in february jannes. The cars feel like they are glued to to road. Especially on tarmac with EU/Asian cars,loads of understeer even with all assists off. Americans also feel like to much lateral grip imo.
There's less understeer than in February so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

that problem is on your side then. middle is not bumpy at all and spinning out happens rarely and expectedly to me, lot less than in flatout 1 on professional handling on second arena (the bumpy mud one). i was driving am1 with standard sus and locked diff, just the parts it already had. and i'm driving on keyboard. ended 10 minutes against AI first with 7:4 at first try after long abscense from this game.

for the first time in this game i consider mudpit a good derby arena now. it still is too big, especially with slippery surface, but now it feels good. could maybe be even more slippery.
/EDIT:
You're maybe right. It's just more about the how you drive in that area. Need to be very gentle. Very different style of driving in there and it's good to have less power behind you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:21:40 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

sam223

@ ST.Jimmy: Its not changed since the tarmac 3 build.Been to much grip since then. Or barely changed since then anyway.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:21:48 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

Purple44

Just noticed that all cars in the main menu garage are slowly moving backwords. Left my computer for ~15 minutes and here's what happened:

https://youtu.be/WnYRZiLU2Gw

I saw that yesterday when I had forgot to close down Wreckfest for awhile ( maybe an hour or 2 ), but the Asian 1 stop at the back wall. Car did not fall into outer space.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Janne thank you very much for this hotfix patch!

I find that the Asian AI do some hilarious mistakes, that makes for some rather interesting races!

Purple44

I have done deathmatches online with Mud pit many times. So I just gave the mud pit a go with my usually car, the Muscle 4 with standard parts and mud pit definitely more slippery and harder to get up too ramming speed with my DFGT wheel and no assists.

Then I put the rally tires on, made big difference. Mud still on the slippery side, which it should be, but I could still get going and get some speed on. Mud pit with rally tires feels right to me. I would not want Bugbear to change it. :)

Edit: This test was done with a B class brand new Mus 4 ( all standard parts ). Car did not have any racing parts to make it a A class car. Would a powerful A class car be spinning the tires more than a B class car?

I would like to check this out, but don't have the time right now. Maybe tonight I can. Could a B class car be the better car in a mud pit?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:26:31 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel