Author Topic: Hotfix 2016-03-17  (Read 9862 times)

St. Jimmy

Is auto repair suppose to do the bare minimum to get the cars running and driving correctly?  If so then it works as designed but it seems kinda weird that I can repair my car and things are only fixed a certain percentage but I still have plenty of money left to go buy brand new parts.  Would be nice if the game had a repair wizard that let you choose levels of auto repair, including buying new parts.

The worst part of the cement bug is when your suspension gets down to 3 dots or less of health.  The first crash in this video I didn't mind as it kinda seemed realistic at the time but the second one is a bit over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4kF6DwKqc

It depends how you analyze that. I'd say it's not a problem with suspension, it's a problem with deform and how much impact makes your car fly like crazy.
On that second jump your front right is bend downward.

One way to "solve" this issue is to make the suspension act like this:

But that ain't fun either. And the same thing could still happen if your car is bend downward so it just moves the problem forward. So only real ways to fix this is that downward bending is fixed and the force that a bottom hit makes should be lowered. BugBear knows the issue and they've said that it's very hard to solve so we'll see what happens in the future.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:12:41 PM by St. Jimmy »
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

hande11

Is auto repair suppose to do the bare minimum to get the cars running and driving correctly?  If so then it works as designed but it seems kinda weird that I can repair my car and things are only fixed a certain percentage but I still have plenty of money left to go buy brand new parts.  Would be nice if the game had a repair wizard that let you choose levels of auto repair, including buying new parts.

The worst part of the cement bug is when your suspension gets down to 3 dots or less of health.  The first crash in this video I didn't mind as it kinda seemed realistic at the time but the second one is a bit over the top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb4kF6DwKqc

Havent experienced cement bug yet, but it looks pretty bad physics (especially that bounce effect) on second jump as you said.  AM1 seems to go always down with rear first, in many cases it should go front first as front-engine car? If Bugbear could tweak car going front first, it would be nice too see how current physics play out then. Here one good vid about stock -car jumps at 50 secs mark. It's although with less jump speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asyVhJKwFQU&feature=youtu.be&t=50s

There seems to be own science of physics again in stunt jumps.   :)
"..acceleration, not just speed, is key to setting up your car for a correct airborne trajectory. "If you're accelerating on takeoff, the front end will rise," he explains. "And if you're decelerating on takeoff, the front end will drop."
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a6017/how-to-jump-a-stunt-car-like-travis-pastrana/
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:18:25 PM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

Purple44

Yup that video show, the part of car that has the engine, should be coming down first if car is airborne for awhile.

This cement in the trunk effect was not a problem until Feb Build #10 release. Now if I'm driving the mini Euro, I would expect the backend to drop first.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

WorldofBay

There seems to be own science of physics again in stunt jumps.   :)
"..acceleration, not just speed, is key to setting up your car for a correct airborne trajectory. "If you're accelerating on takeoff, the front end will rise," he explains. "And if you're decelerating on takeoff, the front end will drop."

if you accelerate, inertia will push everything backwards in relation to the wheels. suspension absorps it by letting the back go down and front go up. that's normal car physics and the reason why many jumps should not be driven fullspeed but with a little release before the peak to get the nose down. braking on oppsite makes inertia push your car forward, pushing front down and end up.

if you time it right you get your car spinning a little and that is stronger than weight distribution. braking/releasing in the right moment makes you land nose down even with engine in the rear.

also if you remember, weight has no effect on acceleration of gravity, only difference is drag which is fought better with high weight through - again - inertia. so the effect of weight distribution inside an object only comes to sight at long airtime.

then there is another effect which is that you leave the ground with front first, so the front has little time to fall down while the rear is still blocked by ground and so gives a momentum to the car eventually going for a front flip.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

hande11

if you time it right you get your car spinning a little and that is stronger than weight distribution. braking/releasing in the right moment makes you land nose down even with engine in the rear.

also if you remember, weight has no effect on acceleration of gravity, only difference is drag which is fought better with high weight through - again - inertia. so the effect of weight distribution inside an object only comes to sight at long airtime.

then there is another effect which is that you leave the ground with front first, so the front has little time to fall down while the rear is still blocked by ground and so gives a momentum to the car eventually going for a front flip.

Excellent info and points WorldofBay. So not in all scenarios should front end come down first even with front engine, depends on many factors. Would be nice to have couple of horizontally level jump ramps to test this .. i only drove off in huge cliff edge in Sandpit 1 and it still seemed fell rear end first hah, but that is kind of bad test case.

And in Rhamm's 2nd jump, for that strange bounce effect, St jimmy and rhamm had already good suspect: (weared) suspension not able to take the hit in landing, and then car damage physics kick-in and will make car bounce funny.. hopefully something BB could fix with not too much effort..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 05:32:31 PM by hande11 »
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

FollowWings

https://youtu.be/asyVhJKwFQU

The roof is bended more as I can see in this video except the game has now, but its a little thingy, more important is that what is mentioned below! :)

By the way, someone from the Developers already mentioned the physics of the car has, or had that time, what is more like a ball with tweaked car physics,
or correct me if you know it better!
Need a test map with ramp to help them out tweak or fix it more! ;-)
I think there is one at the "mods" section!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:53:55 PM by FollowWings »
DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 2533 MHz ||Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3  ||4 x 1 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM KINGMAX || ATI Radeon HD 4870 (1 GB) (RV770)  || Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - HD Audio ||WDC  (250 GB, 7200 RPM) II Windows 10 Pro x64

WorldofBay

Excellent info and points WorldofBay. So not in all scenarios should front end come down first even with front engine, depends on many factors. Would be nice to have couple of horizontally level jump ramps to test this .. i only drove off in huge cliff edge in Sandpit 1 and it still seemed fell rear end first hah, but that is kind of bad test case.

And in Rhamm's 2nd jump, for that strange bounce effect, St jimmy and rhamm had already good suspect: (weared) suspension not able to take the hit in landing, and then car damage physics kick-in and will make car bounce funny.. hopefully something BB could fix with not too much effort..

depends also on ramp angle, a steep ramp makes you more likely to land with rear first, while a even "ramp" puts your nose down.

looking at the video the front goes a bit too far up in my opinion.
the landing with rear first is uncontrollable. main reason why you shouldn't go fullspeed straight. tip for finish straight: go full left before jump and jump to the right, that effectively softens the ramp and smoothens the landing, makes full-speed possible, though it's not markably faster than just releasing especially since you land at brake point.

looking at the second jump, that should break your front suspension, really hard landing. that bouncing off looks odd, in my opinion it should rather make the rear go right and then start to flip sideways (with lots of parts flying around obviously), that would not only look more realistic but also more spectacular.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

findRED

All of my ranting about 2 pad bugs in this thread is for NOTHING...  I WAS WRONG.

In my testing, as my pad setup is SCP Drivers for a DS3 controller, I found out my problem (which was prevalent in other racing titles like GRID 1) was PURELY HARDWARE RELATED.
Yeah, shocking!

I am sorry for ranting at you Bugbear for something not even related to your company or games.

Now about that hardware problem?  What caused it? you ask...
My front usb 2.0 ports on my computer.  Either the 2 usb ports on my case are bad, or (more likely) my usb headder on my motherboard doesn't support high enough speed/is bad, or (somewhat likely) I don't have it configured properly in the bios to allow full speed to those front usb 2.0 ports.
(I am now using the rear usb 2.0 ports for my ds3 controller as they work flawlessly!)

Either way, I am sorry community for venting my frustration at you and anyone else who visits these forums.  At the time of my original post I was fed up with the "bug" as it broke all play-ability on most tracks for me, and had just read some gloomy predictions on these forums about Bugbear running out of money, and not being able to finish Wreckfest.
In no way does my frustrations excuse my outburst.

I also ask you forgive me for this unneeded outburst about a problem that was hardware related on my end.
Thank You
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Facial_Burns

All of my ranting about 2 pad bugs in this thread is for NOTHING...  I WAS WRONG.

In my testing, as my pad setup is SCP Drivers for a DS3 controller, I found out my problem (which was prevalent in other racing titles like GRID 1) was PURELY HARDWARE RELATED.
Yeah, shocking!

I am sorry for ranting at you Bugbear for something not even related to your company or games.

My front usb 2.0 ports on my computer.  Either the 2 usb ports on my case are bad, or (more likely) my usb headder on my motherboard doesn't support high enough speed/is bad, or (somewhat likely) I don't have it configured properly in the bios to allow full speed to those front usb 2.0 ports.
(I am now using the rear usb 2.0 ports for my ds3 controller as they work flawlessly!)

Either way, I am sorry community for venting my frustration at you and anyone else who visits these forums.  At the time of my original post I was fed up with the "bug" as it broke all play-ability on most tracks for me, and had just read some gloomy predictions on these forums about Bugbear running out of money, and not being able to finish Wreckfest.

I also ask you forgive me for this unneeded outburst about a problem that was hardware related on my end.
Thank You

The fact u even had to balls to stand up and say you were wrong is amazing most others just wouldn't have said anything further on the matter hoping no one would question them further on their issue
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Dillinja187

Yeah, shocking!

Thank You

Always takes a bigger man, well in FindRED :)
Dillinja187 Wreckfest server :- Get Amongst it !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dillinja187sServer

HAF-X===i4770k @ 4.5===Dark Rock Pro 2===MSI X-POWER z87===Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme===16 Gb Corsair 1866mhz=== Corsair 1200i PSU===X2 Samsung Evo Pro 256===Phillips 40" 4K monitor 4065uc===Win 8.1

Purple44

Bugbear uploaded a new Build for testing today:  https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/

Does that mean we might see a new Build release sometime this week? 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 05:05:46 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

DD-Indeed

Bugbear uploaded a new Build for testing today:  https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/

Does that mean we might see a new Build release sometime this week?

Quite confident about that. Beginning to feel restless... :P

Antsaboy

Another new build just 2 hours ago  ;) https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/
The tension is getting higher, maybe this week...
Intel Core i5 4670K @4.0GHz / Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Boost / 8 GB RAM / Windows 10 Pro 64Bit / Logitech Driving Force GT

CrashsTestsFr

Two more updates today  :D
https://www.crashs-tests.fr
Windows 10 / i7-4790K 4Ghz / nVidia 1080 GTX / 16GB  Xbox One pad / G27 / T500RS
Oculus DK2 & CV1

Adziej

Seems that Bugbear wants to announce a bankruptcy soon:
http://asiakastieto.fi/pdf/konkurssilista.pdf
What do you guys think about it?
i5 2500k @ 3,3Ghz + TRUE + NB XL2 || Gigabyte GTX 770 2GB OC || ASRock P67 Pro3 B3 || Pentagram SF-620W || Crucial 2x4GB 1600 || Intel 520 120GB || Samsung F3 HD502HJ || LG W2252TQ-PF || Razer Salmosa || Saitek Eclipse II || Xbox 360 Wireless Controller || Creative X-Fi Music + Z-5500 || Win7 Home