Author Topic: Update 2016-03-23  (Read 7799 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

The latest update is now out with following changes:

* Sandpit no longer crashes the dedicated server.
* Added a button to quickly buy and install a replacement part for a given part slot.
* A purchased part can be now automatically installed if it's compatible with the current car.
* Added a confirmation popups when purchasing a part and recruiting a crew.
* Cars now automatically drive to the pits after finishing the race instead of doing infinite laps (not yet on all tracks, though).
* Race time is now calculated correctly for the elimination race winner.
* It's now possible to click a button even if fast-forwarding in replay kills the frame rate.
* Improved HUD player list team icon placement.
* Updated some loading screen pictures.
* Improved Asian 1.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:38:02 AM by Janne Suur-Näkki »
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

DD-Indeed

Which Sandpit, 1, 2 or both ?

Edit: And please, if you would mind, add the button for part wear enable/disable for servers in next update, some of us are a bit fed up with it, we had enough of testing it. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:22:53 PM by DD-Indeed »

Finsku

* Cars now automatically drive to the pits after finishing the race instead of doing infinite laps (not yet on all tracks, though).

+1

EDIT: Did you remove invisible objects on finish lines (Gravel, Tarmac, Sandpit (longer one with 2 routes))?

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

hande11

Thanks Bugbear! Excellent work with more frequent updates, it's going to be some testing business also during easter time here!
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"

St. Jimmy

Very nice update!

Hey would it be possible for you to start add track variations first for alone/multiplayer sessions, so if you've some tracks variation that hasn't AI configured, you can't choose number of AI in single player and the AI is kicked in multiplayer? Maybe that would speed up how quickly we get new variations or tracks and you can later add the AI in it?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

happyrichie

seems like a helpful patch, really like the stiff diff, hit top 10 on big 8 1st try. seems like these last few patches are coming together now, still want 2 chop off a coil of my springs, tyres still 2 shreddy when you doing a hard turn, gg bugbear

happyrichie

the Asian has a habit of climbing up the walls, can we get some wheel arches on it?

St. Jimmy

Some quick feedback:

I can't lock the brakes. This is at least a problem with Asian 1. Didn't test other cars yet. I don't have ABS and I even changed my brake sensitivity from -60% to 0%.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

DD-Indeed

Some quick feedback:

I can't lock the brakes. This is at least a problem with Asian 1. Didn't test other cars yet. I don't have ABS and I even changed my brake sensitivity from -60% to 0%.

That's weird, I got them locked. :P Maybe you were in situation, where the car's front end was pushed to the ground more or you tried to do the braking in straight line ? :)

St. Jimmy

Some quick feedback:

That's weird, I got them locked. :P Maybe you were in situation, where the car's front end was pushed to the ground more or you tried to do the braking in straight line ? :)
I mean straight line braking. The brakes don't lock and now I tried every combination of parts with Asian 1. It seems to be a problem with this car because at least the brakes locked with Euro 1.
Join WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

RickyB

Thanks, these updates are coming too fast. just kidding.

Maybe it's just me, but since the update 2016-03-16 the damage/deformation looks less spectacular, thus unfortunately less fun and even less realistic(?). Anyone else noticed any difference? There's nothing mentioned in the changelog, but in my view there's a significant difference. I'm not going to say bumper-cars or dentfest, but often cars feel too stiff/rigid in a collision.
comparing a wreckfest crash test to real life crash test... doesn't look quite right to me.  Would really like to see some more deformation. Until 2016-03-16 update everything was perfectly fine for my taste... but maybe I'm imagining stuff?

^ What's weird: the speed goes down considerably before impact. noticable, watching it frame by frame. maybe that's the reason for  lesser deformation?

an option for amount of deformation in game would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:43:16 PM by RickyBøbby »

FalconXY

I just tested the game and here is my quick result and issues that popped up:

Pro:

- Car handling and steering is good enough now for me. No further tweaks nessecary. When damaged see "Cons".
- Repair system is good now with crew and auto-repair funtion. Can live with that.

Cons:

- Cars driving / steering behavior still not effected by car damage !!!
- I don't like the new buy part confirmation. It's too much clicking in the menus anyways.
- Some AI drivers move out of the way of the track when you approach them
- Mudpit too slippery
- On derby arenas the rear of my car often slides too much while turning = Too slippery since last two updates.

My wishes for next patch:

- Wrecking points game mode (with slower race speed for single player)
- Reversed tracks for Mixed 1,2 and Tarmac 3
- Release the grey hilly track next to Mixed 2 but with black borders/sand walls. To make corners more visible.
- Preview of track layout, when click on track info button
- Fix bug on Derby points after first respawn (see Bug thread)

Thanks so far for the great work Bugbear.  :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:07:31 PM by FalconXY »
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win7 64bit, G27 wheel

Purple44

- Mudpit too slippery

Ty rally tires with a class B car. A class A car to powerful, will spin the tires.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

BrianUK

So Mudpit is too slippery using a powerful car prone to wheelspinning on tarmac?

(EDIT: I misquoted, but the statement stands)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:03:31 PM by BrianUK »

basti4655

I like the more frequent updates, thank you bugbear :)

But.. For me it feels the game is getting more and more sterile with every update. Where is the raw and brutal feeling?
You should really concentrate on making the game more fun, this is not gran turismo.
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit