Author Topic: Update 2016-03-23  (Read 8401 times)

Mopower

What I find odd in mud pit is that the car seems to only be affected by the Rev of the engine when it comes to traction. Once you are moving on mud or a slippery surface you should gain some traction
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

happyrichie

wow now, what the hell is that? mixed 2? how did that get their :D

Purple44

wow now, what the hell is that? mixed 2? how did that get their :D

Mixed 2 track got added in Dec. :)

Update 2015-12-18

* Added Mixed 2, a new rally-cross type track.

And there another track on the map waiting to get done by Bugbear:

Jump to 7:50.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

t3MP . 3ROr

I like the more frequent updates, thank you bugbear :)

But.. For me it feels the game is getting more and more sterile with every update. Where is the raw and brutal feeling?
You should really concentrate on making the game more fun, this is not gran turismo.

I headed in for some good old brutal racing on NsD server (12 online) yesterday :) I hope when the games finish, it will still be possible to have as much fun as I did when online multiplayer got added, and if I made it to the finish line in figure 8 or speedway that was a victory, those where some brutal days  :-*

GPU: AMD R9 290X
CPU: AMD R5 1600X
RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2800 CL16 16GB

Controller : Xbox360@BrianUK setup or G27@GTEYE

DD-Indeed

What I find odd in mud pit is that the car seems to only be affected by the Rev of the engine when it comes to traction. Once you are moving on mud or a slippery surface you should gain some traction

This is especially problematic for all of us, who are using either KB or controller buttons for the throttle. Cause it's basically Full Power/Idling with the throttle, and ''pumping'' the throttle isn't gonna help, cause you break the grip anyway, when you hit the throttle button.

Purple44

* Sandpit no longer crashes the dedicated server.

I put up a test server and knock all the conveyor belts down. Sandpit 2 map now safe to run Cops and Robbers mod on a dedicated server.  :D ( we been just using a player host )

Now we just need an official Cops and Robbers mode online.  :)  hint, hint  :D  Please

happyrichie

Mixed 2 track got added in Dec. :)

Update 2015-12-18

* Added Mixed 2, a new rally-cross type track.

And there another track on the map waiting to get done by Bugbear:

Jump to 7:50.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNHQMAhd33k

how the hell did I miss that? and how the hell did bugbear add that but not fix the big pit of no return in the middle? weird weird people, ive done the kart track though, I really like these big maps now we just need some easter eggs :)

Daystar

Now we just need an official Cops and Robbers mode online.  :)  hint, hint  :D  Please

[/quote]

Awww who can deny a cute Pussy Cat like that!!! haha!
And well... If we can have silly lawnmowers, and their associated tracks might I add,.. Than why not have a new awesome Cops -N- Robbers mode?!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:09:48 PM by Daystar »

Dwarf Vader

Bug report

- Rear tire spin while beeing in garage for some cars. Can´t remember for sure, bit I think American4 and Asian at least.

- Damaged right front (front tire missing) while going to "change car" after completing a race. (Happens sometimes, no idea what causes it. It´s just visual, car is ok when starting following race)

Thoughts about the update

- Really really like the asian "old skyline-like" car. Maybe it´s a little bit overpowered since the latest update but I don´t care (lol), I like it.

- I like the new "purchasing parts" options, it makes things more comfortable.

- Sadly the whole "purchasing car parts stuff" does still not work properly. After reaching around "6 repair points" it just becomes a "klick on auto-repair-after race-thing". Everytime. I myself have no idea to   
  improve :(.  Different differentials, tyres and suspensions however really matter and gives reason enough to change parts according to track in MP. Good!

a general thing

I complained a lot about performance in the past.
I´m usually the single player type of guy and I was a little disappointed about the lack of support for guys like me (it felt like that, no offense).
However I noticed that I have absolutely zero performance issues in MP. So again I think issues in SP are pretty much AI-related.

So.... Even if I´m the "singleplayer-guy" atm this game is clearly MP-focused. And to be honest you´ll have much more fun in MP.
So even if that´s not what I´ve expected when I bought NCGW it is how it is.
But I highly recommend (if MP is the way to go) to communicate that somehow. Maybe it would be a good idea to support MP via
menue structure! Like somehow making it the primary way to go/ to play.
Reason is that many many people (usually on steam) expected a decent SP-experience (and there is none)
and are now disappointed. So it would be a good thing to get that people into trying MP.

Edit: Please note: I started a topic "Ideas that might improve the game" under eneral discussions. I´m planning to update frequently.
                                      Maybe you´re interested  http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8696.0.html

THX for listening, THX for updates, keep ya heads up

and a beautiful eastern!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:38:37 PM by Dwarf Vader »

Purple44

Dwarf Vader, I would not give up on Bugbear delivering a good SP experience eventually.

But do give Bugbear your ideas to make single player better.

Orbotnive T

Dwarf Vader, I would not give up on Bugbear delivering a good SP experience eventually.

I played a lot of Ultimate Carnage PC on a 6ftx4ft projected image way back. I felt FO:UC gave a good enough AI challenge, there was difference in the behaviour and some proper hassle going past sometimes. Though I'll mention I never liked the rubber banding or the tendency to magnetize toward the barriers ;) At this moment in Wreckfest, the AI get out of your way  :-\  And are pretty much solid set in their ways if you try and hit them- unless you catch them right on a corner and are going at a very lively speed. It could do with looking at some time soon for sure. For my single player comment.

Dwarf Vader

Thanks. I´ll give it a shot:

Ideas for SP-campaign/game mods

-mixed class team Race
  2 Player per Team, 1 in lowest class 1 in highest race same track at the same time.
  If the player plays high class, he is able to crash- support his teammate everytime he comes round. Should be decent action.

-team reverse Race
 2 Players per Team, everyone same class but half of the field goes opposite direction at the same time.
 Player races opposite direction than his teammate. Basically same idea like mixed class team Race,

- Variation: team reverse special. Same but teams racing same direction.

-Overtake challenge
Low class cars are distributed around the track. Player has to overtake x in x time.(Basically Forza Nordschleife carreer challenge.)

-Variation: Overtake clean. Same but without crashing into them.

-Variation: Spin challenge. Spin x in x time.

-Variation: traffic heads up. Race your way through low class against another (or x amount of) high class.

I think all "overtake challanges" could be done without increasing the AI load and without lots of AI work.
The "distributed low class cars" can pretty much race for themselves having some robot-like behaviour.
Their only purpose would be to get overtaken by player quickly, Or spinned out-

In general (and I really hate to say that because I usually hate that kind of game design) it might be worth
to think about AI driving according to player speed. At least in a very little way. SP-experience very much depends
on the action and chaos going on. The "not frustrating, uncontrollable chaos" but the "that was so damn close-chaos".
I do not say that´s the way to go but maybe it´s worth experimenting. 

I will also add my suggestions to http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8696.0.html

THX again.

Purple44

Was online last night and I see that my Muscle 4 car goes up on 2 wheels again!  :D Thanks Bugbear.  :)

I also saw online that the mud in the Mudpit is back to the old mud, not as slippery as in last Build.

I'm torn on this. The mud in the March 17 hotfix was slippery:

Just got done testing a Muscle 4 - A class car with rally tires and then bought a new B class Muscle 4 and put rally tires on.

The A class ( 206 ) car took much longer to get speed up into the 40+ MPH. Switch to the B class ( 155 ) and it was much easier to get up to 40+ MPH ramming speed.

If looking for a realistic mud derby, look like Bugbear getting close. Where Mo? What he think?

Now I did not pay much attention to the AI to see if they were having much trouble with the mud. But out of 4 last man standing derbys I just did, I won 3 of them against the AI. Last one I went out early.

We did see some posts of frustration about the new slippery mud. The new mud may of took some fun away form doing derbys in the Mudpit. So I can see why Bugbear went back to the old mud that not that slippery.

I wonder if Bugbear could try a second time and get the mud slipperiest somewhere between the too slippery mud in last Build and the mud we got now and still keep Mudpit fun to derby on? Might be a tough task.  :P

DD-Indeed

About that slippery mud. It would be okay, if the car wouldn't spin out so violently. Right now, it tends to spin way too quickly, like you're driving a Porsche around there (rear engined car's physics), so keeping the car on control is beyond from being reasonable challenging. One other thing is also, that once you get used to high speed derbying (Speedbowl, Stadium), Mudpit feels like you're going ''snail's speed'', and thus, kills the fun you've used to. Same thing with the Lawn Mower Derby-map. Cars used to be as fast as everywhere else over there, but now they're a lot more slower, so there's also a lot of room for improvement. Currently, I see the Derby-map differences to be too harsh, too radical, that kills the overall feel and mood. You gain massive fun and joyful mood on Speedbowl and Stadium, then the server's playlist goes to Mudpit or LMD, and the fun is gone.

Purple44

About that slippery mud. It would be okay, if the car wouldn't spin out so violently. Right now, it tends to spin way too quickly, like you're driving a Porsche around there (rear engined car's physics), so keeping the car on control is beyond from being reasonable challenging. One other thing is also, that once you get used to high speed derbying (Speedbowl, Stadium), Mudpit feels like you're going ''snail's speed'', and thus, kills the fun you've used to. Same thing with the Lawn Mower Derby-map. Cars used to be as fast as everywhere else over there, but now they're a lot more slower, so there's also a lot of room for improvement. Currently, I see the Derby-map differences to be too harsh, too radical, that kills the overall feel and mood. You gain massive fun and joyful mood on Speedbowl and Stadium, then the server's playlist goes to Mudpit or LMD, and the fun is gone.

Current Mudpit to slippery? I get going fine with the Muscle 4 and if race around the outer edge of Mudpit, easy to get up to ramming speed, 50MPH, then dip into the bowl to hit someone. Or maybe because I use a wheel and no assists and able to feather the gas. Maybe Mudpit tougher for pad players.

We don't want all the derby pits to be about the same do we? If you want high speed, major collisions, ya Speedway derby pit the place to go. I think right now all 5 derby pits bring something different to Wreckfest. :)

Mudpit - mud and a bowl
Speedbowl - high speed hits!
Stadium - ramps and some speed hits
Small Stadium - more like a real life derby pit
Lawnmower Derby - It on grass, the hits are the slowest, that why it for lawnmowers, like to see small euros in this pit.

Now just need a King of the Volcano derby pit ( hill or roof ).  :D I can dream?

I would like to see a team last man standing mode. Think that might help make LMS more interesting with 16+ players online. Last player on one team running from the last 5 on the other team!!  Might have to turn off contact timer for this mode or make it like 4 min timer. :D

And maybe at the end, add up scores of the teams to see who wins? If you were just sandbagging it for your team, maybe cost your team the win, even thou your team was last team standing.