Author Topic: Update 2016-03-23  (Read 8169 times)

KingOfTheCakes

Mechanical damage seriously needs fixing and going back to more like build 7's. I will forever bang on about this as I can't enjoy the game for more than half hour in it's current state sadly.
I only say this for the enjoyment I once had in wreckfest.

So for now, it's back to Dirt Rally.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:29:09 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacsrPooGaming
30,000 subs and going strong!... Somehow.

Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

DD-Indeed

About that slippery mud. It would be okay, if the car wouldn't spin out so violently. Right now, it tends to spin way too quickly, like you're driving a Porsche around there (rear engined car's physics), so keeping the car on control is beyond from being reasonable challenging. One other thing is also, that once you get used to high speed derbying (Speedbowl, Stadium), Mudpit feels like you're going ''snail's speed'', and thus, kills the fun you've used to. Same thing with the Lawn Mower Derby-map. Cars used to be as fast as everywhere else over there, but now they're a lot more slower, so there's also a lot of room for improvement. Currently, I see the Derby-map differences to be too harsh, too radical, that kills the overall feel and mood. You gain massive fun and joyful mood on Speedbowl and Stadium, then the server's playlist goes to Mudpit or LMD, and the fun is gone.

Current Mudpit to slippery? I get going fine with the Muscle 4 and if race around the outer edge of Mudpit, easy to get up to ramming speed, 50MPH, then dip into the bowl to hit someone. Or maybe because I use a wheel and no assists and able to feather the gas. Maybe Mudpit tougher for pad players.

We don't want all the derby pits to be about the same do we? If you want high speed, major collisions, ya Speedway derby pit the place to go. I think right now all 5 derby pits bring something different to Wreckfest. :)

Mudpit - mud and a bowl
Speedbowl - high speed hits!
Stadium - ramps and some speed hits
Small Stadium - more like a real life derby pit
Lawnmower Derby - It on grass, the hits are the slowest, that why it for lawnmowers, like to see small euros in this pit.

Now just need a King of the Volcano derby pit ( hill or roof ).  :D I can dream?

I would like to see a team last man standing mode. Think that might help make LMS more interesting with 16+ players online. Last player on one team running from the last 5 on the other team!!  Might have to turn off contact timer for this mode or make it like 4 min timer. :D

And maybe at the end, add up scores of the teams to see who wins? If you were just sandbagging it for your team, maybe cost your team the win, even thou your team was last team standing.

Once again we are in the situation, where it's Keyboard Vs. Wheel. And you didn't propably quite get, that what I meant. The differences are only A BIT too harsh, and they only need to slightly adjust the balance differences, to make it more equal, but yet, different maps and feel on them of course, to keep them unique nevertheless. :)

BenDover

Janne I have an good idea for BB!

Why dosent BB invite some players to the track editor you got? So we get some "community" tracks out there, I mean just look at Vavle what they did to CS, Dust 2 and all of the original tracks where community made if I remember correcly and from that you would get out more content faster, I think we got some awesome builders in the community, I dont know what program you using for building the tracks and even if the choosen members of the community dont know how to build in it I am sure they will learn preatty fast!

I think this could keep us busy for months if we only got some new tracks out there even if you need to update and accept those tracks aswell ofc. Should this not be an really good idea to do?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Daystar

Last time I heard, they use Autodesk 3ds Max.

Which is a pretty expensive package. but I believe there is Student versions, that may be free. please don't quote me on that though  :D

Also... Janne a while back, perhaps almost 6 months ago, was tinkering with the thought of haveing Steam workshop integrated with WF.
but that seems not to be happening. (yet?)

BenDover

Which is a pretty expensive package. but I believe there is Student versions, that may be free. please don't quote me on that though  :D

Also... Janne a while back, perhaps almost 6 months ago, was tinkering with the thought of haveing Steam workshop integrated with WF.

Thanks Daystar :) Everything is free on the internet ;) :P

Workshop would be awesome!
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Dwarf Vader

Why dosent BB invite some players to the track editor you got? So we get some "community" tracks out there, I mean just look at Vavle what they did to CS, Dust 2 and all of the original tracks where community made if I remember correcly and from that you would get out more content faster, I think we got some awesome builders in the community, I dont know what program you using for building the tracks and even if the choosen members of the community dont know how to build in it I am sure they will learn preatty fast!

I think this could keep us busy for months if we only got some new tracks out there even if you need to update and accept those tracks aswell ofc. Should this not be an really good idea to do?

I added your idea to http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8696.0.html .
I hope you´re ok with that and that I´ve done right. Otherwise feel free to correct me. THX.

BenDover

I added your idea to http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8696.0.html .
I hope you´re ok with that and that I´ve done right. Otherwise feel free to correct me. THX.

No problem at all! :) Good to have everything on the same place :)

Finsku

I confirm this. It would be nice if we could test it little bit before releasing Steam's Workshop for WF (if BB opens it). Or then little bit before releasing a full game.  :P

Purple44

I confirm this. It would be nice if we could test it little bit before releasing Steam's Workshop for WF (if BB opens it). Or then little bit before releasing a full game.  :P

Maybe when Wreckfest get close to beta stage, maybe Workshop be ready to test. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MaexxDesign

What is this physics ?
I can't do the scandinavian flick.
I can't slide.
I just can break and I can only hope not to go into the wall.
That's not realistic !

Purple44

Another test Build got uploaded about 30 minutes ago.

Daystar

Another test Build got uploaded about 30 minutes ago.

I believe our last update rolled out on a Tuesday.                                                                   *holds breath*

Purple44

And another test Build just got uploaded: https://steamdb.info/app/228380/history/

I assume Bugbear been testing multiplayer part, since I would think if they need to test offline parts of Wreckfest, Bugbear can do that without uploading a test Build to Steam.

hande11

What is this physics ?
I can't do the scandinavian flick.
I can't slide.
I just can break and I can only hope not to go into the wall.
That's not realistic !

If you happen to play with keyboard and not up to hard core competitive racing only, have a try this a bit weird setting with American 1 and Tarmac surfaces ;) .. got it sliding nicely in tarmac, but it still sucks in sand and gravel though:
http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8610.msg82406.html#msg82406
i5 2500K, 8GB RAMDDR3 1600, Win7 64-bit
GTX 560 DCII TOP, 1GB GDDR5, Controller: keyboard (current generic powersliding biased test setup)
Elwood: "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.. don't fail me now!"