Author Topic: TrackIr  (Read 9278 times)

Gelas

Will it have TrackIR support? Please do it right this time and include Trackir support. I already preordered. I  had all of the previous flatouts (fav was flat out 1) but none support trackir. I play other driving games (especially Euro Truck Simulator 2) which support TrackIr, and I can say that it makes QUITE a difference. PLEASE INCLUDE TRACKIR THIS TIME!

Tyrael

I also have TrackIR and i also would like to see it supported in the game.

Lollylegend

Me too!  ::)
I once was a scotsman until I became German.

NeatNit

I've just watched an introductory video, without actually hearing what the guy's saying because my audio is not working currently. But from what I've seen, this is just head tracking like in oculus rift, except it assumes the screen is attached to the head when it actually isn't. Or is it? If it is then it's exactly like oculus rift, just a cheaper technology (with the only downside of being limited in angle range). I've never experienced an oculus rift, but I definitely think it would be amazing if it supported it. Driving games are what it works best with, from what I hear.

mvp7

I'd also love to see TrackIR support in NCG. There's just no going back when you have tried it in flying/driving games (especially when playing from driver's view).

f4c3

TrackIR would be very nice, plz let game support it

Conte Zero

+1 same here
Saippuakivikauppias

Bkim

+1, if it is not already implemented or on the to do list.

Algo

I highly support this!

I love TrackIR and the immersion it provides. I really like what i saw from Next Car Game. And be assured normally i do not buy any driving games anymore which do not have TrackIR support. So lucky you that this game is an exception of my rule ;).

So please support TrackIR :).

Jimmy35

+1 for trackir support.

mr munkee

I've just watched an introductory video, without actually hearing what the guy's saying because my audio is not working currently. But from what I've seen, this is just head tracking like in oculus rift, except it assumes the screen is attached to the head when it actually isn't. Or is it? If it is then it's exactly like oculus rift, just a cheaper technology (with the only downside of being limited in angle range). I've never experienced an oculus rift, but I definitely think it would be amazing if it supported it. Driving games are what it works best with, from what I hear.

Not really like the OR. Track IR is basically solely as an extra limb/joystick, like in a first person shooter you have your left hand doing movement and other functions, and you have your right hand using the mouse for aiming the gun (or flying like in arma), but then with track IR you can use your head to turn the camera (separate from the gun/helo/plane, so you have more control over what you see). And like in a racing game you use it to control where you look without having to use one of the four limbs already in use (with a wheel and  pedals that is, but even with a controller, you only have the 2 joysticks and it would still be helpful).

Motion tracking is only about half of the main reason for oculus rift, since OR gives you real 3d vision with two eyes (like how you have two eyes) and then gives you a large realistic field of view, so it's basically like you are actually in the game. Track IR is just used with a regular static monitor on your desk, and usually people that use it have it set so that a small movement with your head does a large movement in game, so you aren't looking sideways at your monitor.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:38:08 AM by mr munkee »

Tyrael

So far i haven't seen any official word on if TrackIR will be supported yet :(

bastins

I'm up for some TrackIR support as well.

Jason

Also vote for Track IR.

Doing the detruction derby you always want to be looking around as you're not always going forward. Track IR would top this game off brilliantly.