Author Topic: foj alternate skins?  (Read 1726 times)

raptor250z

hi there,

i'm currently playing in FOJ mod with the option AI cars same as Player and i noted that the skins used by AI's cars have more variety than the ones you're allowed to choose,  :-\ so is there a way to use their car skins for the Player as well?  ???

Purple44

So you want to use the skins the AI use? Give this post a read:

I liked the default skins on the flatout series, but it seemed a little too bland because there were only minor differences, which were color variations.

If its not too much trouble, do what you did in the trailer, give each car varied paint jobs.

Agreed. I've always wanted to drive the same car as "Jack Benton" (Yellow/Black Sunray) but it wasn't available in the skin choices :(

You mean you have not use the "AI skin pack" for Flatout 2?

File Author:    Ogretoe

By popular demand (well, at least one member wanted this!) here is the AI Skin Pack for Flatout 2.

These are all the games AI Skins made playable in-game for the average Joe. I have renamed them so that they will appear in the car selection menu as skin #5.

I list the AI skin pack bfs in the filesystem.ini for FO2:

fo2a.bfs
fo2c.bfs
megaskinpack.bfs
megaskinpackfinalpart2.bfs
megaskinpackfinalpart3.bfs
aiskinpack.bfs
hippie.bfs
FOJ's_Stock_Car_Camera's.bfs
Heddlys_FO2 Stock CustomCar_6_Pack.bfs

Since Flatout Joint doors are close now, I uploaded the aiskinpack.bfs to my mediafire page and redid the link in post.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

raptor250z

ok, i mean the skin ones used by the AIs for the custom cars for ex. nissan 350z, bmw, mustang 03...  :-\

Purple44

ok, i mean the skin ones used by the AIs for the custom cars for ex. nissan 350z, bmw, mustang 03...  :-\

Hmmm, I assume the car modders had the AI use the same skins of the player. So you have notice some AI using different skins than what a player can select for a custom car?

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

raptor250z

yes, right. like the nissan 350z, it let me choose this black one, red, orange, light green with blue flames at the sides and the last one black with flames pattern.

so when i go into race with the AI's car option set to the same as me (nissan 350z) they have different skins, like sally taylor has green with silver pattern at the sides, jason walker has gray with flame patterns at the sides and ray carter has blue fade from the front.

i would really like to use the sally taylor green one  :-[

Heddly

I don't have access to the nissan 350z files right now, but what you would have to do is unpack the .bfs file and browse to data/cars/car_# and copy and rename (the AI skins you want to use) skinai#.dds and skinai#_damaged.dds to skin#.dds and skin#_damaged.dds, then repack the data folder to a .bfs to use that skin in the game.

raptor250z

ok, thanks i'll try it out  :D