Author Topic: Update 2016-04-20: Modding Support!  (Read 13859 times)

GreaseMonkey

This is great news. Are there any plans to support other modelling software? I'd love to make some cars for this game but I work exclusively with Blender.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8W87j0nK4zNMsDqgggxkrw

System Specs:
- CPU: AMD FX8320 @ 4.0 GHz
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2gb
- RAM: 8 GB

TheyLiveWeSleep

Will there be a way to share mods with eachother? I am no modeler so i will be relying on people who make stuff to have my fun until i learn some modeling myself.

Daystar

This is great news. Are there any plans to support other modelling software? I'd love to make some cars for this game but I work exclusively with Blender.

I also would like to know! perhaps Tapio can tell us here in the forum some tips to streamline (help) us with modeling tips... granted he has some spare time to help.
I for one use e-on Vue 10 xStream... it does have 3sd max support, however i do not have 3ds max app ooops lol

Daystar

Will there be a way to share mods with eachother? I am no modeler so i will be relying on people who make stuff to have my fun until i learn some modeling myself.

Jelco... no worries. I believe I can make you a Marry Jane car with good plant designs on your car haha!!! :P no worries buddy.

Devin

I just searched through the game files and tried the new modding tools. I am not even kidding: This is the most well-done mod support I've ever seen in any game ever! The tools are top notch and there's barely anything left that I wish would be added related to mods :D

The only thing I wish for is basically the thing I posted on steam earlier, regarding skins (and now mods, yay!):
Mods are hosted in the steam workshop and missing mods/skins will be automatically downloaded upon joining a server. This will make sure there's no "missing mod" mess like in Garry's mod, rFactor and other games with similar mod support. Apart from that, you guys are modding gods! Thank you!

McToFf3l

Can some one make us a SAAB 99? I love the car but I dont know how to use modeling programs. Would be happy if some one make it and posted a screenshot  :)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:37:52 PM by McToFf3l »
I like Folkrace! do you?

Janne Suur-Näkki

GreaseMonkey
We currently have no plans to support other software (we only use Max in-house), but it's not out of the question in the future.

TheyLiveWeSleep
Yes, mods can be shared by simply zipping the mod folder and putting it up for downloading.

Devin
Thanks! Yes, Steamworks support is definitely something we want to add in future. For the most part these are the same tools we use to develop the game (sans version control) so there shouldn't be too many limitations on what you can achieve. Even so you guys will most likely encounter all sorts of issues when you get the ball rolling, but just let us know and we'll try to help. Aand yes, it will be easy to break the game's physics by playing with vehicle physics, so much fun :)

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

The Very End

GreaseMonkey
We currently have no plans to support other software (we only use Max in-house), but it's not out of the question in the future.

TheyLiveWeSleep
Yes, mods can be shared by simply zipping the mod folder and putting it up for downloading.

Devin
Thanks! Yes, Steamworks support is definitely something we want to add in future. For the most part these are the same tools we use to develop the game (sans version control) so there shouldn't be too many limitations on what you can achieve. Even so you guys will most likely encounter all sorts of issues when you get the ball rolling, but just let us know and we'll try to help. Aand yes, it will be easy to break the game's physics by playing with vehicle physics, so much fun :)

How does the AI agressive work really? I have tried tweakin settings like agressiveness and likelyhood to hit a player. Howevere - it does not seem to do anything even if I set high values for the AI to hit the player. Is there some magic tricks here to let the AI only focus on the player instead of other AI cars (this in data/vehicle/(the cars)/ai/profiles(both standard and agressive)?

TheyLiveWeSleep

Jelco... no worries. I believe I can make you a Marry Jane car with good plant designs on your car haha!!! :P no worries buddy.

Yeah us wreckfest people can always share things on here. Maybe a new forum page needs to be opened just for modding releases just like beamng has it  :D

sam223

Awesome stuff Jannes. Ive been waiting years for this :)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Tonza

Workshop support would be an easy way, but I don't know how easy it is for them to get the workshop support.

But there is always p2p file sharing sites where people can share the mods.

Janne Suur-Näkki

The Very End
To make all AI hit the player as often as possible, max out Bump Aggression Against Human, minimize Bump Cand Rand Interval Min and Max and put 0 to Bump Min Speed.

Bump Aggression Against Human is actually the chance player is selected as a target when they're nearby, i.e. 1.0 = 100% chance.

Bump Cand Rand Interval is used to determine the time slot how often then AI will look for a suitable target; i.e. the higher the values the seldom AI will look for a target.

Block and Overtake Aggression are not used currently.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

sam223

Workshop support would be an easy way, but I don't know how easy it is for them to get the workshop support.

But there is always p2p file sharing sites where people can share the mods.
Once we've had time to have a play and understand the process i will be looking to set up a little mod team for ease of distribution to servers and players. Like whats been done with rfactor and online bangers. Big 1 time download with everything in it
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

The Very End

Thanks for the insight, and it's fun knowing how things are weighted :)
I did those you mentioned, and did make a copy of the profile into every car to make sure the AI share this personality. But, it seems it just ignores me, or seldom at all targets me. This in derby of course. Screenshot of current setting:

Janne Suur-Näkki

The Very End
Right, that explains -- the aforementioned settings are only for Race. For Derby settings scroll down a bit and look for Derby Target Player.