Author Topic: Update 2016-04-20: Modding Support!  (Read 12832 times)

The Very End

Is it 1 = 100% here? Still will not hit me hehe. Is there some distance calculation here at work? Could I force it to something like "look around for 500 yards, if player x is present, focus player ignore AI cars"? I know it's all silly and all, it's just a small nostalgy trip for the Total Destruction mode from Destruction Derby 2 - how long can you survive kind of thingy.

Edit: Put it to 999, still same results hehe.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:51:18 PM by The Very End »

Purple44

The Very End
We're still working on the track modding support to make the pipeline easier.

Looking forward to track modding support. I definitely would want an easier way to make new startpoints for the cars, instead of using trial and error method with a hex editor to make startpoints for Cops and Robbers.

About using 3ds Max, this a very expensive program to have. Could there be a way the community could share a 3ds Max program. If there a way for register player to login into 3ds Max, maybe we can set up a schedule for 1 hour segments, maybe allow a player to have 2 segment times in a row ( 2 hrs ) to work with 3Ds Max. We could pay say $20 for a 3 month fee and guarantee a minimum of hours in that 3 months. There like 2100 hrs in 3 month, could guarantee a 1000 of them hours, when you used up you guarantee, then you can use the left over hours where there a free slot open. This need to be workout more, but just throwing it out there if something like this possible?

PS - Janne, you see my PM sent Sunday night my time?

Will there be a way to share mods with eachother? I am no modeler so i will be relying on people who make stuff to have my fun until i learn some modeling myself.

Workshop support would be an easy way, but I don't know how easy it is for them to get the workshop support.

But there is always p2p file sharing sites where people can share the mods.

https://www.mediafire.com/ is a good place to share files. Been using it for a few years now.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mortal

Impresive! Thanks jannes and team, this point will do that together an incredible game, we can now storm the sky, thank you very much, a great joy for all.

Devin

Devin
Thanks! Yes, Steamworks support is definitely something we want to add in future. For the most part these are the same tools we use to develop the game (sans version control) so there shouldn't be too many limitations on what you can achieve. Even so you guys will most likely encounter all sorts of issues when you get the ball rolling, but just let us know and we'll try to help. Aand yes, it will be easy to break the game's physics by playing with vehicle physics, so much fun :)

Thank you very much, this is just awesome! :D

I've already encountered a big issue :P When trying to open .scne files from older tracks, for example sandpit0_base.scne, BagEdit crashes. I've tried to copy the necessary values to a working file of the current build by using a hex editor, but then the game (and BagEdit) crashes upon loading the track. Is there any documentation on the file type .scne so that we can edit those when the editor fails?

I guess you know what I'm currently trying to achieve :P Just asking though, since this is something I'm really interested in.

Mazay

Finally official mod support! Awesome!

The mods folder structure seems especially clever. Lets you edit everything from maps to cars.
I made custom textures to maps and it works just the way it should. I didn't lose rewards or leaderboards. Seems like good thinking.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Devin
You're doing WHAT? :D I guess there has been many changes in the asset builder since the old tracks were build that it's not possible to open them anymore.

I'm afraid there's no documentation on the scne format, at least not at the moment.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

DD-Indeed

Thanks again, we investigate, that can we add some new derby maps to the game from current maps. I already asked about it and made a topic, but now we can make them on our own and test out, that would they even work on the game by your standards. And if they meet your requirements, you possibly could include in the game as standard. :)

Purple44

Thanks again, we investigate, that can we add some new derby maps to the game from current maps. I already asked about it and made a topic, but now we can make them on our own and test out, that would they even work on the game by your standards. And if they meet your requirements, you possibly could include in the game as standard. :)

You figure out how to set Wreckfest to derby on the tracks? or you swapping a track into a derby pit track folder? Or doing something else DD-Indeed?

Devin

Devin
You're doing WHAT? :D I guess there has been many changes in the asset builder since the old tracks were build that it's not possible to open them anymore.

I'm afraid there's no documentation on the scne format, at least not at the moment.
Well, someone requested the old sandpit, so I gave it a shot :P The objects are still present in the old scene file, but the editor can't load it. Hex editing a working file will have the same result, even if I only add stuff that should be working in theory. Either that or the scne files are actually zipped or something :P

I still hope for a way to re-make the old track from the old values, but they are hard (if possible at all) to read for a human, so I can't figure out what to to in order to remake the old sandpit. Even if I could, it would take an unnecessary amount of time to add all these objects. Is there any way to convert the file to the latest version or fix the editor's crash when trying to read it? It doesn't even say anything about the crash in the log, which is quite weird :D

DD-Indeed

You figure out how to set Wreckfest to derby on the tracks? or you swapping a track into a derby pit track folder? Or doing something else DD-Indeed?

Not possible currently, just found out. Gosh, I was hoping to finally do something new!

conso1727

Custom AI sets are already ready to work with? If so, what do I need to tweak to have them as selectable?

findRED

Woooooo!!!!!

Time to run into the engines (pun --get it?) and see what crazy and rl stuff I can make!
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

FalconXY

Wow this is great ! Thank you Bugbear for this editor.  :D

Great stuff to do with that.

We can change the chase camera FOV and height now.
Carcameras file within the data/property/settings folder.

To edit it place it in the mods folder under mods/data/property/settings and open the file in editor.
I have not tried it yet if it gives good results.

But I am missing the GMPL file support in this editor. So we can't work on the game modes.  :(

Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Purple44

Wow this is great ! Thank you Bugbear for this editor.  :D

Great stuff to do with that.

We can change the chase camera FOV and height now.
Carcameras file within the data/property/settings folder.

To edit it place it in the mods folder under mods/data/property/settings and open the file in editor.
I have not tried it yet if it gives good results.

But I am missing the GMPL file support in this editor. So we can't work on the game modes.  :(

Thank Falcon for the info. I been wanting to raise the chase cam forever. Falcon if edit this file, does game become a modded game online thou? Is it a safe file to mod?

catn1p

Not possible currently, just found out. Gosh, I was hoping to finally do something new!

I'm almost sure that I had some deathmatches on speedway1 last year. It was on the NsD-guys' server. No idea how they did it, but it was funny as hell.

Haven't seen any of them for some time though...

(also no idea if I'm on topic because of beer but I felt like putting in my two cents)

also thanks for the colored wheels and subsequent thanks for the working H-shifter :-*
generally driving fair, unless being pestered
                     do you even drift?
Intel i5-4690 @ 3,5 GHz // GeForce GTX 970
8 GB RAM // 100 GB SSD // 2 TB HDD // G27