Author Topic: Update 2016-04-20: Modding Support!  (Read 20171 times)

MamieNova

It required the server to use a settings file from a deathmatch arena as a replacement for the usual one (speedway1 in your example), I imagine it no longer works since whichever build introduced file verification (mostly fixing the A242 euro car exploit)

Well I've decided on a car I want to model. We'll have to see if I can find my way around in 3dmax.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:53:22 AM by MamieNova »
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Mazay

It would be neat if Bugbear added server option: "ignore file mismatch" so we could still play those tracks, but keeping tracktime invalidation in place.

I tried out the bugtools for 3dsmax. Install was bit tricky. Run 3dsmax as administrator and then load with menu MaxScript > Run script... as drag and drop don't work.
Making small edits to existing model was relatively easy to do.

Axarator

It's like a dream come true. ATM messing with camber values, and engine noises.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

KingOfTheCakes

This is good stuff to hear! You've definitely added longevity to the game now.

...I better start learning to mod.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

RickyB

Thanks for the update. I noticed just one thing on tarmac 1:
On Tarmac 1 - I usually jumped over the little hill where it says "Tower" on the map. (just for fun - it's not faster!)

Now that doesn't work anymore :-\ ... I guess anti-cutting measurements? I also used to smash through the tower just for fun, but now the off-track sign appears very early. (you cut a little bit too much - the red sign appears). Maybe put some terrain there? I mean you can still cut a little - even smash through the tower, but if you cut just a little bit too much, you have to reset your car (or drive back) - that does feel quite artificial and not intuitive.

The player should be able to recognise the areas where you can cut and where you can't cut by DESIGN, not through invisible areas/checkpoints where you have no idea where you are allowed to drive. Just saying, it feels artificial and not intuitive.
If it is possible: an option to expand the checkpoint again (as it was in every other build) would be very much appreciated.

St. Jimmy

The player should be able to recognise the areas where you can cut and where you can't cut by DESIGN, not through invisible areas/checkpoints where you have no idea where you are allowed to drive. Just saying, it feels artificial and not intuitive.
If it is possible: an option to expand the checkpoint again (as it was in every other build) would be very much appreciated.
Hmm yeah maybe something could be done for that. Though the track design shows track limits very clearly. Anything that isn't asphalt, don't cut :D
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

RickyB

Hmm yeah maybe something could be done for that. Though the track design shows track limits very clearly. Anything that isn't asphalt, don't cut :D

I knew someone would say that, but I think you're just teasing :). The problem is - you can cut to a certain amount, but you have no indication to what amount. A rock would be a very clear indicator for example. You could cut right from the rock, but if you drive left from the rock you'll get the off-track-sign. just an example. My personal favourite would be ramps or terrain that let's you cut but is not necessarily faster but maybe lets you fly back onto the track again. Cutting has to be possible to a certain amount, otherwise you could push someone just a little bit off track and his red sign appears, so that he has to reset or drive back. that would be too easy I think.

Mortal

@Jannes There should be only a single batch in the solidbody -mesh

what are the limitations for solidbody? I have this error in the build window when I try to convert the BGO3.

KingOfTheCakes

Thanks for the update. I noticed just one thing on tarmac 1:
On Tarmac 1 - I usually jumped over the little hill where it says "Tower" on the map. (just for fun - it's not faster!)
[img height=200]

In a game like this, they should just stick a barrier in areas where people will cut. Not really a fan of speed limiter when you go off track either. It's an odd design choice really.
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

St. Jimmy

I knew someone would say that, but I think you're just teasing :). The problem is - you can cut to a certain amount, but you have no indication to what amount. A rock would be a very clear indicator for example. You could cut right from the rock, but if you drive left from the rock you'll get the off-track-sign. just an example. My personal favourite would be ramps or terrain that let's you cut but is not necessarily faster but maybe lets you fly back onto the track again. Cutting has to be possible to a certain amount, otherwise you could push someone just a little bit off track and his red sign appears, so that he has to reset or drive back. that would be too easy I think.

That's likely one of the reasons why I think Gravel 1 and Mixed 1 are the current top 2 tracks. You know the tracks limits and you really can't even cut in those even when you can go out of the track.
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Really digging the latest update news. Now maybe I can try to get this bad boy ingame somehow. I tried to get this working in another game but got frustrated and gave up on it.

Purple44

Really digging the latest update news. Now maybe I can try to get this bad boy ingame somehow. I tried to get this working in another game but got frustrated and gave up on it.

Would love racing and derbying that car online. Wishing Destructo luck in getting the car in-game.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MamieNova

definitely in line to download that chevy =p
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

happyrichie

bugbear we need help!! ur mp mod support sucks we have a mod
https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/610573567800872425/#p90
works in single player but cant connect in mp. tried serving and hosting me and x both double checked that the mods were active and no luck :(

if i serve and try 2 connect to my server i cant connect, i can see it but comes up with a message saying its different versions or something
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:47:02 PM by happyrichie »