Author Topic: Update 2016-04-20: Modding Support!  (Read 11055 times)

DD-Indeed

Attention !
I found the way to repair the game in case if the mods have broken it. Do this:
C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\[User ID]\228380\local\wreckfest early access
Delete the modlist.mods file from there, so the game starts again without any mods. :)

You can also edit modlist.mods with 'bagedit'   1=activate  /  0=deactivate  a specific mod.

Yes, but, someone who's not capable of editing/have not the skill or knowledge, needs that tip. :)

RickyBøbby

Attention !
Delete the modlist.mods file from there, so the game starts again without any mods. :)
You can also edit modlist.mods with 'bagedit'   1=activate  /  0=deactivate  a specific mod.
Yes, but, someone who's not capable of editing/have not the skill or knowledge, needs that tip. :)

Sure, I just wanted to add that info. Not saying, your tip wasn't good. It was very good indeed :)

DD-Indeed

Attention !

Roger that, mate! :)

Sure, I just wanted to add that info. Not saying, your tip wasn't good. It was very good indeed :)

Finsku

After update there's one change (based on SteamDB) with adding UFS. What does this mean?

St. Jimmy

After update there's one change (based on SteamDB) with adding UFS. What does this mean?

Two options that I can think:

It's about Steam Cloud.
It's about Steam Workshop.
Or maybe even both.
Join WreckFest Discord server!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz cooled by CoolerMaster Hyper 212 evo
GTX 1070 OC 8GB
RipjawsX 2x8GB 2133 MHz
Chieftec 750W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR (Forza) Wheel

Skyfire

Both would be nice. Workshop offers easy mod distribution and the cloud is something I really prefer when it comes to game progress, as I sometimes switch the machine I'm gaming on. This makes it quite easy!

Weymire

Bugbear has already add in-game mod manager, I don't think that we'll see Workshop so soon, imo.
WF Russian community:
http://vk.com/wreckfest

Intel Core i5-2500k @4.3GHz, MSI GTX 970, 12 GB RAM, SSD Plextor 256 GB, HDD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB, Windows 10 Pro

boeing767

is there a new version available? The day before yesterday i was able to play without any issues, but yesterday i'm receiving the error "Client version or data does not match server's"

I didn't change anything at all, the only thing i tried was playing it in DX 12 mode (which didn't work). After that i receive this error in DX11 and 12....

Any advice?

The Very End

Have you tried  to use the Steam integrity (wrong spelled sorry) function to check if your files are normal / not corrupted?

boeing767

Have you tried  to use the Steam integrity (wrong spelled sorry) function to check if your files are normal / not corrupted?

Hmmm, no i didn't.....  :o
Will try this, sorry for my early reaction/question  :-X

The Very End

Np, let us know if it works :) I got a similar error here the other day, deleted some files in the data folder and did a check - to download those files again. Fixed the issue.

Purple44

is there a new version available? The day before yesterday i was able to play without any issues, but yesterday i'm receiving the error "Client version or data does not match server's"

I didn't change anything at all, the only thing i tried was playing it in DX 12 mode (which didn't work). After that i receive this error in DX11 and 12....

Any advice?

Hmm, this sound more like you have not update your Wreckfest today. There was a new update to Wreckfest today:

Update 2016-05-04

If most the hosts\servers online now have a red X and you are not running any mods that trigger the modded game message, you need to get Steam to update your Wreckfest.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel