Author Topic: AI mod and grids, read more inside  (Read 2623 times)

The Very End

Hey! Been playing around with the AI, and made a couple of small changes. First out, the file, find it here (zip file): http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=30477200272488441932

EDIT: I have made an updated zip file with all AI setups. This means that you can put all these mods inside your mod folder, and chose what grids with AI you want to race with. ai_Am1 makes all AI cars use AM1, while Euro_4 makes all AI cars use Euro 4. I have included ai_All too, so you can chose to only play with agressive AI instead of forcing them to use only one car.
LINK: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=48180689917398720447. BUGS: ai_Euro settings / mod does not work, but the ai_all and the american / asian settings work.

* AI is now considerable more, well let's call it suicidal and agressive. It does not care much for the damage it recieves or trying to avoid things. Pileups WILL happend with this.

* All the AI cars now is of type american_2, our favorite sedan. If you want to change what cars the AI use, simply go to your data folder and copy the ai folder (data/vehicle/the_car/ai <- this one) and copy paste the same ai folder into the other vehicle folders. Make sure it's in a mod tho, so you do not mess up your original files.

* To install this mode, simply move the whole folder located in the zip file to your Bugbearfolder/mod, and place it here. Then at startup / inside game chose "MOD", and enable it.

* What I in first place wanted to do was to make a Total Desctruction setting for the AI, meaning it only targets the human player. However this proved difficould. If anyone find a way how to do this, feel free to share. The AI agressive settings can be found in mod/newMod/vehicle/aVehicle/ai/profile.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:08:56 PM by The Very End »

Daystar

Thank You very much!!! OMG I am going to have a blast today now!
it is really more fun now haha!!! Please do make more other AI Car setups!!! You rock!!!

The Very End

Lol ok, give me 30 mins here and I'll try making the other AI sets aswell (one type of car each race).

Edit: Done. Tok me 20.

Edit 2: There are some bugs, some of the sets does not seem to work flawless, do not know why tho.. Buglist as follow (Im trying to fix it):

aiEuro2 - Most of field is mixed
aiEuro3 - Most of field is mixed
aiEuro7 - 4 cars are of other type
aiAmerican1 - Most of field is mixed
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:16:37 AM by The Very End »

Daystar

Lol ok, give me 30 mins here and I'll try making the other AI sets aswell (one type of car each race).

Edit: Done. Tok me 20.

Edit 2: There are some bugs, some of the sets does not seem to work flawless, do not know why tho.. Buglist as follow (Im trying to fix it):

aiEuro2 - Most of field is mixed
aiEuro3 - Most of field is mixed
aiEuro7 - 4 cars are of other type
aiAmerican1 - Most of field is mixed

Hmm interesting. ok take your time. and thanks for your efforts!  8) I really appreciate it.

Ahh just read your new edit entry above + file update. Thanks! I go fetch it now, and try it out.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:50:36 AM by Daystar »

Jake97

Going to have to check this out later thanks :-) will it work in multiplayer too with aggressive AI??? Or would the other player need to have it too

The Very End

I guess everyone will need the same. But the size of the mod is very small since I'm only modified files of a low size. I still have no idea why the Euro cars bugs the game. The American and Asia car is able to have a fixed grid (all AI cars use same type), but when it comes to Euro cars the game simply ignores the settings in mod folder. Either there are some unactive features we do not know, or (most likely) there must be something wrong somewhere... hmm!

Orbotnive T

Just had a go with all ai, on tar 1, speedway and speedway 2. There was chaos, there were even DNF's that were nothing to do with me :D

This mod makes offline crew level up fun! Thanks a lot

RickyB

Cool stuff, thank you!
The modded game message doesn't even show (with AI_all) so that I could have joined servers - that made me wonder how that'll work online if there are Bots involved. The game then takes the AI-settings from the server for that? Didn't test it online. So maybe if I don't have this mod, but the server has it, the bots are agressive? hehe ;)

EDIT: Correction - if I activate more than AI_all, the modded game message appears.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:39:02 PM by RickyBøbby »

The Very End

No idea what happens when you try it online, try it out and see what it does :D
And again, sorry for the ai_Euro bugs, I still have no clue how to fix it..

Edit: The reason why you get no messages is because ai_All just changes two files in each car folder (total 16 files, all only AI behavior related). No other settings touched.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:07:17 PM by The Very End »

basti4655

I tried it and it really is more carnage now :) thank you.

Can you make the cars roll over easier? is that possible?
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

Jake97

Just had a quick test in single player and yep its certainly more entertaining now lol. Good work

The Very End

It is, but I guess it's pretty hard. My best guess is to either tweak the surfaces (if tarmac has more grip it might flip the cars), or the suspensions or the chassis... No idea what to test first hehe.

Other fun things I found in the files were the gravity settings. Maybe I should make it so that if the car enteres the air, then the gravity gets halfed = more airtime. Totally silly and totally unrealistic, but might be something fun to do on the figure of 8 track?

DD-Indeed

Tested it out, good work! It immediately improved the SP experience and added much needed action to it. :)

However, I noticed, that in Big F8, bots are braking very hard in finish line in every lap, they almost stop there, so when driving behind, you're always gonna hit them. Dunno, that if it's just a bug in the game or something, that needs more tweaking. :)

basti4655

It is, but I guess it's pretty hard. My best guess is to either tweak the surfaces (if tarmac has more grip it might flip the cars), or the suspensions or the chassis... No idea what to test first hehe.

Other fun things I found in the files were the gravity settings. Maybe I should make it so that if the car enteres the air, then the gravity gets halfed = more airtime. Totally silly and totally unrealistic, but might be something fun to do on the figure of 8 track?

Yeah would be awesome if you find a way to make cars roll over easier, because it's not much fun like it is now, very often i hit a car in the side with over 100+km/h and it just bumps off and nothing happens.

Haha that gravity thing, i think it will look totaly unrealistic :D but it's worth a try :)
I7-6700K, GTX 770, 8Gb Ram, Win 10 64bit

The Very End

Well, the resistance is tricky.. need more work on it since I have no clue where to start at current time. What I did do however was to tweak the gravity, will release it in a min.