Author Topic: User-created cars [3D-modeling]  (Read 5391 times)

I keep getting this error whenever I attempt to export my vehicle.

src\bcore\ErrorCallbacks.cpp(18) ERROR : Assert failed! src\btoolcore\Bgo2Scne.cpp(1433): "0==_stricmp(imagePath.substr(imagePath.length()-4,imagePath.length()).c_str(), ".tga")" image ('data/vehicle/family_sedan/art/d:/desktop/family sedan/textures/famil_vwheel.bmp.png') has invalid suffix, it should be '.tga'

Should I take the wheels out?

The Very End

All textures must be in tga format (at runtime the game uses bmap) when exporting. So, make sure you have tga files when exporting and bmap files with same name since they will be used at runtime.

Can .tga files even go into 3dsmax?

Heddly

Yes, they are the necessary file type to work with in Wreckfest mods. They are needed to convert to .bmap files that the game uses, when you use the build_asset.bat the .tga are converted to .bmap files .

This is all so confusing, is there a tutorial anywhere?

Also, I changed the textures to .tga but I got the same error

The Very End

In Bugbearfolder / tools there are guides how to do it :) Also, you need to make sure the paths (shift + t) on the textures points to right texture and name. If anything isn't tga it will fail.

Ok so everything was going smoothly until i tried making it into  a .vehl and got this error

src\bcore\ErrorCallbacks.cpp(18) ERROR : Assert failed! src\btoolcore\Bgo2Scne.cpp(3566): "GetSize(boxTop) == 1"

Anyone else get this problem