Author Topic: Making custom cam files for each car.  (Read 2844 times)

Purple44

I never been happy with Bugbear chase cameras, they sit to low. We had same problem in Flatout 2. Thanks to the BagEdit modding tool I was able to open the cameras.ccps file and edit the settings, somewhat.  :P Now I can be a better bumper to bumper racer online and see into the corners better.  :)   ( only done custom cams for 3 cars so far )

Here what my new chase cam look like:

stock chase cam

custom chase cam

stock chase cam

custom chase cam

stock chase cam

custom chase cam

sky cam

Next post will have the details when I get it done.  :P

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Good going Purple! always fun to work on projects for the community here  8)                                                       ÿ

Purple44

Note: Tweaking camera files is a safe mod. You will still be able to go online and join stock Wreckfest host with using custom cam files. I did do some online testing tonight to make sure.

OK, now for the how do post. We will be using the BagEditCommunity.exe in the E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Bugbear Entertainment\BagEdit folder.You will be editing the cameras.ccps file. Each car has it own cam file. You can't edit the cam file if in it stock game car folder. You can open the file to look at the settings, but can't make any changes. Please make a copy of the cameras.ccps file you want to tweak before getting started. To be on the safe side.

To be able to edit a game file with BagEditCommunity, you need to put file under the \mods folder. I made a \temp folder then copy over the stock cameras.ccps file I wanted to tweak:

Now you can start BagEditCommunity and go Open and make your way t0 the \mods\temp folder:

Here what the stock cam file look like for the mini euro:

Here what my tweak cam file for the mini euro look like now:   ( chase1 is sky cam, chase2 is cam behind the car )

The chase2 cam is the default cam your car uses when you first start Wreckfest. I always forget to change to the other cam until half way through first race.  :P So now my prefer chase cam is the default cam when Wreckfest starts.  :)

Here what my other 2 custom cams look like:

Muscle 4

Muscle 2 ( Sedan )

Here some basic facts about the cam settings:

Distance - push cam back away from the car, range is 0.1 to 100
x - move camera to the right and left of car, range is -10-R to 10-L
y - move camera up and down, range is -10 t0 10 ( if go to negative, camera is under the map  :o )
z - move camera forward and backward of car, range -10-B to 10-F

For the sky cam, I wish Bugbear would not restrict distance and y settings, so I could do a nosebleed cam:

Couple of issues I ran into.

1. I added a 6th cam ( chase3 ), but game don't use it. :(

2. I was going to use the bumper cam for sky cam since it a cam I don't use and if I can only have 5 working cams in game. But bumper cam acted weird, did not want to act like a chase cam, even if I used chase cam settings.  :o

I have attach the 3 custom cam files I did below. Name of each cam file tell ya what car folder to put cam in. Then make sure you got a copy of the stock cam file, then you can delete the stock cameras.ccps file and then rename say the 02_euro-cameras.ccps file to cameras.ccps.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 05:41:24 PM by Purple44 »

RickyB

NICE. Thanks for the infos! I think I'll give the cockpit cam in AM1 a try...
I have attach the 3 custom cam files I did below. Name of each cam file tell ya what car folder to put cam in. Then make sure you got a copy of the stock cam file, then you can delete the stock cameras.ccps file and then rename say the 02_euro-cameras.ccps file to cameras.ccps.

I thought now with the build in modding support, deleting or exchanging stock files in the original folder isn't necessary anymore?
Can't I make a folder like mods\cameras\data\ and copy (bagedit right click -> file duplicate) all the camera files I need into there? Bagedit automatically makes all the subfolders. Then wreckfest should use those camera files with the mod activated in game.(?) ah well, I'll just try it out :)

EDIT: just tested it, works nicely. online too. no need to delete/exchange stock files or mess around in the original folders anymore :)
I adjusted the height of cockpit cam a little and took the values for 'lookback position' from hoodcam. much better. now I can see something when looking back in cockpit cam in AM1 :)

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:29:28 PM by RickyBøbby »

Purple44

NICE. Thanks for the infos! I think I'll give the cockpit cam in AM1 a try...

I thought now with the build in modding support, deleting or exchanging stock files in the original folder isn't necessary anymore?
Can't I make a folder like mods\cameras\data\ and copy (bagedit right click -> file duplicate) all the camera files I need into there? Bagedit automatically makes all the subfolders. Then wreckfest should use those camera files with the mod activated in game.(?) ah well, I'll just try it out :)

EDIT: just tested it, works nicely. online too. no need to delete/exchange stock files or mess around in the original folders anymore :)
I adjusted the height of cockpit cam a little and took the values for 'lookback position' from hoodcam. much better. now I can see something when looking back in cockpit cam in AM1 :)

Ricky, can you post a pic of the folder structure under the \mods folder to use to get stock cars to use modded cams? Please

RickyB

sure. glad to help.
there's my 'mods' folder and 'cameras'. there's already 01_american with a modified camera. To make a cam for the euro I just have to go to the original, right click, File Duplicate... (as in the picture)

then this window appears... choose your mods\cameras folder as destination like this...

and voila the camera file is in the correct folder in the mod folder. there we can edit it. and in game there's 'cameras' listed as a mod.

The only folder you have to create in explorer is something like \mods\modNameXY\data\    so that you can choose that as destination in bagedit file duplicate.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 07:12:44 PM by RickyBøbby »

Purple44

Thanks Ricky for the help. Had some trouble getting the File Duplicate thing to work. I get the stock \data folder to show in left pane but no \mods folder, so program would not let me do File Duplicate save.

After trying start new projects and exiting Bag Edit and opening it back up again a few times, I final got the \mods folder to show some how in left plane so I could do the File Duplicate save.

Is there an easy way to get \data and \mods folders to both open up in the left plane window?

Found it easier to just build the folder structure I need in the \mods folder by hand, until I found out I forgot to start folder structure with \data folder.   :-[

Purple44

Seem I forgot to post how I load my custom cams in thier own folder under the \mods folder now:

Hi End, I got 3 custom cams working without triggering the modded game message:

Making custom cam files for each car.

Now I load them through the \mods folder:

The cameras.ccps a safe file to tweak.

Purple44

Hey, is there anybody out there like to do a car list, showing car and which vehicle car folder is for that car?

Here a start of list:  ( Got list from here - Wreckfest: Car Customisation }

SpeedBird -   01_american
KillerBee S -
KillerBee -
Rammer RS -
Rammer -
Gremlin -
StarBeast -
Boomer RS -
Boomer -
RoadSlayer GT -
RoadSlayer -
TriStar -
Firefly -
Nexus RX -
Dominator -
El Matador -
Hammerhead -
Gatecrasher -
Panther -
Sunrise Super -
Hotshot -
Warwagon -
Bulldog -
Speedemon -
Rocket -
MudDigger -

JohnBlackhills

Yeah I can do that right know you have all the car names in car_folder/carrer/default.cavs

bill1947

SpeedBird -   01_american
KillerBee S - 02_european
KillerBee - 02_european_01
Rammer RS - 03_american
Rammer - 03_american_01
Gremlin - 04_european
StarBeast - 05_american
Boomer RS - 07_european
Boomer - 07_european_01
RoadSlayer GT - 06_american
RoadSlayer - 06_american_01
TriStar - 08_asian
Firefly - 20_european
Nexus RX - 17_asian
Dominator - 21_european
El Matador - 10_american
Hammerhead - 16_european
Gatecrasher - 14_american
Panther - 15_european
Sunrise Super - 13_asian
Hotshot - 19_american
Warwagon - 24_american
Bulldog - 11_european
Speedemon - 22_asian
Rocket - 18_american
MudDigger - 25_american
Roadcutter - 09_american
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:06:48 PM by bill1947 »
IN WIN 303 Mid Tower Gaming Case
Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7600K 3.80GHZ(Kaby Lake)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3000MHz RAM
MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard
120GB WD SSD + 1TB HDD Combo
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Speakers

JohnBlackhills

Speedbird - 01_american
KillerBee S - 02_european
KillerBee - 02_european_01
Rammer RS - 03_american
Rammer - 03_american_01
Gremlin - 04_european
Starbeast - 05_american
RoadSlayer GT - 06_american
RoadSlayer - 06_american_01
Boomer RS - 07_european
Boomer - 07_european_01
Tristar - 08_asian
Roadcutter - 09_american
El Matador - 10_american
Bulldog - 11_european
Sunrise Super - 13_asian
Gatecrasher - 14_american
Panther RS - 15_european
Hammerhead - 16_european
Nexus RX - 17_asian
Rocket - 18_american
Hotshot - 19_american
Firefly - 20_european
Dominator - 21_european
Speedemon - 22_asian
Warwagon - 24_american
MudDigger - 25_american

Purple44

Thanks guys.   :D

I have been posting links to this thread here and there. This will help those that want make their own custom cams.  :)

Synthbent715

Awesome write-up guys.  Being a triple screen user, it really helps to be able to tweak the cockpit camera of each car to look right on my screens.  Do any of you know if there is an option to get rid of the rotation on the Y axis that happens in the cockpit?  Can't seem to find that setting anywhere in the cam files.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:34:01 PM by Synthbent715 »