Author Topic: Attention Modders - Here is a cool oval track for download  (Read 2063 times)

Daystar

I ripped this one from one of my Nascar 2003 tracks for any modder that might like to use this in Wreckfest as a mod.

I rendered these pics with my Vue 10 xStream art app, so that you could get a general idea, how the track looks.
Note: these are my own textures and vegetation. if you want mine instead of the originals just ask, and I can upload them.

Damn i'm tired.. been up all nite drinking, and I'm good for bed now!

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93615275146237488811

Hah! I forgot to add... this is totally in raw format. no ai lines nothing... just the track. so you would need to figure everything out. hopefully when we get the track builder app hopefully next week, we can make our own tracks with ease. good nite'Yall

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 06:50:55 AM by Daystar »

Daystar

Riverside 1970

So based off this screen cap - should I continue working on this track?                                                                                                            ÿ

The Very End

Why stop if it's something you work on? :)
Continue and work on it, and if not as a release do it for the practise.

Dummiesman

I know this is your own track, but just a warning, the group behind Nascar Racing 2003 Season is very strict about their IP, and may pursue legal action if you rip any of their created tracks.

I'll have to try this one out once you get it in game :) Always been a fan of ovals.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 09:59:12 AM by Dummiesman »

The Very End

But wouldn't he be defended on the state that it's for non-commercial use? As long as he do not gain economical benefits or other significant benefit of releasing an "inspired" version of a other man's work, I'd belive it would be safe?

But then agian - 'MURICA!

Facial_Burns

WOW i love that oval looks so cool cant wait to try it with the F1 car i downloaded
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Daystar

Thanks for your input guys  ;)

so here is current progress, in it's early stages.
of course track will not look decorated like this. just some renders what this track can be like in WF. (with WF textures)

---
And this track is designed by who knows? way back in 2005 off some site that I totally do not know where now.  but he made it for the NR2003 game.
and no, I do not seek or desire any compensation associated with my uploads. anyways, still work to be done, until I am satisfied with how it looks.
Note on last render, I had the terrain tilted by accident somehow and that is why there is water on the upper right quadrant on track. very easily fixable.
Cheers.