Author Topic: Purple44 custom track WIP page.  (Read 19712 times)

Purple44

So CP3 and CP4 had problems with sharing the same sector. Can you make smaller sectors to help prevent this?

CP3 and CP4 are not sharing the same AI sector. That would be bad.

But the CP4 left coordinates are inside two different AI sectors ( sector #10 and #16 ) that overlap because of the crossing. Wreckfest does not like this.

Moving the CP4 coordinates further away from the crossing, by added a new sector #17, now both left and right coordinates are in just one AI sector.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

I saw this fix for Sam's Banger mod and thought I put it here and in my Solutions thread so I don't forget this fix if it come up again maybe trying load some mods I want host online:

Came across this fix for the bangers mod today over at Steam:

Problem:   can't play uk banger racing
Quote from: Tinheadbri
can someone please help.. i got all the right mods to play banger racing but keeps saying wrong client ....driving me mad.

Solution:
Quote from: Tinheadbri;1318835718940928398
got it working guys it was verifying the game file after appling the mods that fix it..thanks for your help eveyone i been trying to get this to work for ages

Purple44

With the news the beta Branch Build going get release in a little over a week, I'm getting back to working on tracks. When new Build get release I will work on fixing the Gokart mod first. I want to add some extra stuff to the Gokart mod so when hosting, will have some other "custom" tracks to pick from. Like Mixed 1 with 5 car wide startpoints. :)

I would like to see Bugbear finish the second track on Mixed 2. Bugbear made some improvements to this track, so would thing Bugbear going finish track by final release or who knows, maybe track in the new Build coming?

But if this track does not get finish, I think I will add it to the Gokart mod.

I have some other tweaks in mind for some stock tracks. You guys have any ideas on tweaks to stock tracks you like to see?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:01:13 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

After seeing End's pic about his start of adding a railroad track to his new track and I posted this:

I see railroad tracks. Would you be thinking of have a a moving train that crosses the race track that players will have to avoid and maybe take shortcut with ramp to jump over the flatbed rail car?

And End posted this:

Not planned at the moment, also, I have no idea how to go about modelling a train :D Will try to model something, but most likely it will be a scenery thing. The track will feature both a derby course and a race course.

I got to daydreaming at work and got to thinking is there a way I could do this and I came up with this:

I'm thinking I could use spinners to open and close the alt routes. On alt route #1, I have two spinners standing tall to block the route and then would rotate out to open the route. Be careful trying use this route when the spinners start spin back to close the shortcut, your car may get squeeze!

Alt route #2, lead you to a jump ramp that let you jump over part of the track to take a shortcut. But if spinners are rotated in forming an X, your path will be block. Spinners will need to rotate out to form a field goal post for your car to jump through.

Here another idea for an alt route using a spinner to block the shortcut I would like use in a track:

And thanks to End's Wreckfest track tutorial 06 - alternative paths thread, I now have an idea how do alt routes, so I can do a track like this:   :D

Heddly

Would the spinner position be visible before you decide which alt route to take or would it be a surprise when you get there?

Zebulon55

Would the spinner position be visible before you decide which alt route to take or would it be a surprise when you get there?

Who doesn't enjoy a surprise?  ;D

Pop-up bollards would be nice to block the shortcut too. Especially if they pop up suddenly and with force.  :o

Purple44

Pop-up bollards would be nice to block the shortcut too. Especially if they pop up suddenly and with force.  :o

You will see the spinners up in the blocking position so u can see if should stick main track. But if sinner are off to the side, when will spiners move back to block the route in this pic ( 4 secs?:

I like Zeb idea of a billbroad sign for the spinner in this pic. This sign could spin underground and come back up unexpectedly, like the sinners in cops and robbers mod.

The gauntlet:

I'm not going give players much time to get through spinner barriers ( 4 secs maybe ) , you see your opening, better get there quick!! I will use a random timer to trigger when a set of spinners move, so won't be able to time spinners much. Give them like a 15 sec window when to open: every 30s-45s
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 12:11:36 PM by Purple44 »

Daystar

Only sinners take spinner routes! haha I love the idea, and really curious how high the mountain of dead cars will be around the sinner area... err spinner area! hopefully you can pull this project off after our next update  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 06:11:42 PM by Daystar »

Zebulon55

You will see the spinners up in the blocking position so u can see if should stick main track. But if sinner are off to the side, when will spiners move back to block the route in this pic ( 4 secs?:

I like Zeb idea of a billbroad sign for the spinner in this pic. This sign could spin underground and come back up unexpectedly, like the sinners in cops and robbers mod.

Not billboard, bollard. A traffic control device.

https://www.google.com/search?q=popup+bollard&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwios5jU8rPUAhXJ34MKHWh4B1wQsAQIXw&biw=1826&bih=857#tbm=isch&q=pop+up+bollard

Although a movable billboard would give that "Batman (66)" feel to the track in honor of Adam West, who passed away today.  :'(
Seems like there was a fold-down billboard that hid the road to the batcave, but I'm unable to find an image now.

Maybe it was just the small barricade fence that folded down to let the batmobile pass. picture attached.

Might have to do a Batman 66 skin in memory of Adam West. lol
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:12:30 PM by Zebulon55 »

Daystar

Barricade evidentally  ;D                                                                                                                                                          _

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5xt2z07ebk

And in all due respect: RIP Adam! you were one of my few idols as a kid!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:27:39 PM by Daystar »

Purple44

Only sinners take spinner routes! haha I love the idea, and really curious how high the mountain of dead cars will be around the sinner area... err spinner area! hopefully you can pull this project off after our next update  8)

AI will stick to main track route. Don't see using alt route for AI would do any good, like you say, the AI cars would pile up at the spinner wall.

I should be able to just use 2 checkpoints, one before you get to the 3 choices of route and one after the 3 routes, so no matter which route you take, lap will still count.

Purple44

Not billboard, bollard. A traffic control device.

https://www.google.com/search?q=popup+bollard&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwios5jU8rPUAhXJ34MKHWh4B1wQsAQIXw&biw=1826&bih=857#tbm=isch&q=pop+up+bollard

Although a movable billboard would give that "Batman (66)" feel to the track in honor of Adam West, who passed away today.  :'(
Seems like there was a fold-down billboard that hid the road to the batcave, but I'm unable to find an image now.

Maybe it was just the small barricade fence that folded down to let the batmobile pass. picture attached.

Might have to do a Batman 66 skin in memory of Adam West. lol

Ya I miss read that, but a spinner would act like the road sign like in video Daystar posted. To do a bollard, have learn how End move a solid object and if I can get it to return to start position and do action all over again.

I spent my 4th grade afternoons after school, watching Batman on TV.  :D  RIP Adam West.

A batman skin would be nice to have.  :)

Zebulon55

A nice billboard that moves like Daystar's video sounds great. I think I'd like it to rotate toward you, so it becomes a higher and higher ramp until... hmmm, the other way would be good too. lol

I always liked Adam West and reruns of the old campy Batman series too. That show was made 50 years ago now. wow! RIP Adam West!

On the subject of old T.V., maybe one of Purple's tracks should have a shark tank to jump over, like the Fonz did on Happy Days.  ;D
... In memory of Erin Moran.  :'(

Purple44

If sign rotated towards you, then would stop your car if hit sign before it go below ground or as it come up.

If sign rotated away from car, sign become a ramp. And in Cops and Robbers I made the spinner speed up toward last bit of rotation that can toss your car. This give you a little more chance of timing the sign.

Purple44