Author Topic: Purple44 custom track WIP page.  (Read 21056 times)

What is nice with BagEdit is copy paste. You can copy Airoutes or Startpoints or Checkpoints into other files very easily. Just check 0 and 1 entries for sub scne files, like conflicting AI routes or start points.

Tested last night. Did "Small Stadium" demo inside the Inner Oval track.

Added Figure 8 checkpoints startpoints and route to the Oval track to race on the inside. It worked, but the path was rotated, not lined up with the center of the oval, so AI ran into the walls. I was able to complete laps.

No good visual way to edit.

How was small stadium inner oval? I would like to try it... Also, if we could get the mud from the mudpit thrown in the small stadium, I would absolutely love that if possible... That or just give me a small section of the flat stuff on the upper level of the mudpit

Im not sure if laying a dirt top is possible at this stage, the tarmac surface of the small stadium is a model so it cannot be edited like a subscene (the boulders & barriers etc).

There is no prop for a dirt surface, and I presume the mudpit track surface is also a model so there is no way to import it at this stage.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:59:28 AM by Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w »
Sim Setup: Thrustmaster T300RS - Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals - DSD Sequential Shifter - Modified NZKW Simulator - NZKW GT Seat

Purple44

What is nice with BagEdit is copy paste. You can copy Airoutes or Startpoints or Checkpoints into other files very easily. Just check 0 and 1 entries for sub scne files, like conflicting AI routes or start points.

Tested last night. Did "Small Stadium" demo inside the Inner Oval track.

Added Figure 8 checkpoints startpoints and route to the Oval track to race on the inside. It worked, but the path was rotated, not lined up with the center of the oval, so AI ran into the walls. I was able to complete laps.

No good visual way to edit.

I final figure out how the copy and paste works. I been trying to copy and paste 1 checkpoint, 1 object from another track and that did not work. But this time, I highlight the checkpoints folder of one track in Bagedit, select copy. Go to other track file in Bagedit, select the checkpoints folder that say 0 checkpoints and select paste and all the checkpoints from the other track are pasted in.

I guess If i don't want all the checkpoints, I could delete a few.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mr21by9

I final figure out how the copy and paste works. I been trying to copy and paste 1 checkpoint, 1 object from another track and that did not work. But this time, I highlight the checkpoints folder of one track in Bagedit, select copy. Go to other track file in Bagedit, select the checkpoints folder that say 0 checkpoints and select paste and all the checkpoints from the other track are pasted in.

I guess If i don't want all the checkpoints, I could delete a few.

Sorry i wasn't clear with the suggestion! I really hope this helps you, I want to play what you can do!

How was small stadium inner oval? I would like to try it... Also, if we could get the mud from the mudpit thrown in the small stadium, I would absolutely love that if possible... That or just give me a small section of the flat stuff on the upper level of the mudpit

It's fun! Some AI get through the cracks and you have to chase them down because others won't.

Here it is
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gb9mymyhjjsdjdu/ForMopower.7z
With the first version of the ramped big figure 8 by RickyBobby, and my custom events file that has no subroutes, easier to randomly choose an event for me.

Mazay

That's great found. I'll be definitely using this. I wonder if subscenes could be copied the same way too.

Any chance you get tool to show checkpoints too??  :D
I got it to work now!

Purple44

That's great found. I'll be definitely using this. I wonder if subscenes could be copied the same way too.

Any chance you get tool to show checkpoints too??  :D
I got it to work now!

So is the ai route visualizer tool with checkpoint support ready to download at your thread Mazay?

Mazay

So is the ai route visualizer tool with checkpoint support ready to download at your thread Mazay?

Yes it is. Also coordinate calculator is added so you can now click on point to see it's ingame coordinates.

Purple44

Been a long night, but I did it. I got rid the the red circles that were popping up in my video in post #23.  :)

I started out today with the idea, what if I just used 2 AI route sector points and just make them extra wide. Wider than the gokart track area.

Sector point #1

Left - 0,-250 Right - 150,-250 These spline points are way behind wear my car where it start on the track.

Sector point #2

Left - 0,100 Right - 150,100

I start Wreckfest and it lock up on loading the track. So that idea did not work. I thought it might work like a resetmap from Flatout 1, since my car would be inside the sector spline points the whole time. Should not trigger the red circle if it had worked.

Then tried doing it with 4 AI route sector points where the right border points was close to center of track and the left bolder points where out to the edges of the go gokart track. Track loaded, but did not have the desired effect. Still got red circles.

So to make long story short, I found out that you can not have your set of splines points to far away from the next set. If distance to far, it will trigger the red arrow. I found I needed to stay within about 20 points of each set of sector points. 40 points difference can be to much. In the long straightaways I got away with 30 points.

So I went from 13 AI route sector points sets ( one at each checkpoint ) to using 25. It would seem there no easy shortcut around having to do a bunch of spline points.

Details on how I tested.

1. Your 0 sector spline point should be in front of the start\finish checkpoint by a few points ( I used 5 points ahead ) so the cars can see it. And I put my last sector spline point 40 points behind the start\finish line.

Left  .........  Right   ..... spline points
x,y   ........... x,y

45,-45   .....  55,-45         0 sector spline

40,-40   .....  60,-40          start\finish line checkpoint for gokart track.

45,0    .....   55.0             25 sector spline 

This got rid of red circle at start of race.

2. Then after figuring out if I go to fear down the track and not crossing a spline point would trigger the red circle, I just move slowly down the track until a red circle appears. Time for a new sector spline point. I just made a duplicate of the spline point I last pass that was good, then tweak the coordinates to move this new sector spline point down the track to where I just trigger the red circle.

Then I restart the track and see if my new coordinates for the new spline point stop the red circle from appearing. No red circle, I continue on down the track until another red circle pops up.

I also check to the right and left to see when red circle is trigger. If the left and right spline points are to close ( not a big enough gap ), you can trigger the red circle while you are still on the asphalt of the track. I was using a gap of around 15-20 points between left and right spline points. In some the turns I use even bigger gap so car going to wide has some cushion before triggering the red circle. Keep in mind the red circle does disappear after being trigger and you get car back on the track.

But I been thinking I'm using the AI route sector points incorectly if I'm tweaking spline location to set the reset boundary to the left and right of track. Maybe the left and right safe border settings the proper place to set the left and right cushion on the track?

Spline points are for telling the AI cars where to go. If I'm moving the left spline out wide so player can take a turn wide ( car in the dirt ), I'm thinking that going cause the AI to take a turn wide too.

When I get the startpoints done, I'm curious how badly the AI will race the track! I will wait until then to take a new video and upload it.

Now off to work on AI route sector points, startpoints and checkpoints for Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w banger track:

Banger Racing Oval Track - Small Stadium

I'm thinking I might have gokart track ready enough for a test Saturday night. Maybe even Sc0ttyDo3sntKn0w banger track might be ready for a test.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:18:11 AM by Purple44 »

It look like now the AI route sectors work as the resetmap now in Wreckfest.

But in Flatout 1 and 2, we made resetmap white. This got rid of red arrow and then we could free roam a track map without triggering the red arrow. In Wreckfest, how we going get rid of red circle to make tracks free roaming?

Well, in Wreckfest there is no Reset Maps. The red circle will show if you are:

1) not in any sector
 OR
2) in a sector that is not in the correct "zone" (between the checkpoints that you are supposed to be between).

If I remember rightly, there is a small(ish) time delay until the red circle actually shows up.
I can't check that right now, I'll only get back to work on Monday again.

If you want to make a map free-roaming, you'll have to make the Sectors so wide that they cover the whole map (I guess, we have no such maps, except Derbies, but that's a bit of a different story).

Cheers,
Andrei

acid_andy

Im not sure if laying a dirt top is possible at this stage, the tarmac surface of the small stadium is a model so it cannot be edited like a subscene (the boulders & barriers etc).

There is no prop for a dirt surface, and I presume the mudpit track surface is also a model so there is no way to import it at this stage.

If we can work out which texture files are used, the right tarmac texture files could be replaced with mud texture files, which would give the visual effect of a dirt track. What we also need to find out though is where data for handling / grip level of a track surface gets set, to be able to change that to mud too.

Purple44

It look like now the AI route sectors work as the resetmap now in Wreckfest.

But in Flatout 1 and 2, we made resetmap white. This got rid of red arrow and then we could free roam a track map without triggering the red arrow. In Wreckfest, how we going get rid of red circle to make tracks free roaming?

Well, in Wreckfest there is no Reset Maps. The red circle will show if you are:

1) not in any sector
 OR
2) in a sector that is not in the correct "zone" (between the checkpoints that you are supposed to be between).

If I remember rightly, there is a small(ish) time delay until the red circle actually shows up.
I can't check that right now, I'll only get back to work on Monday again.

If you want to make a map free-roaming, you'll have to make the Sectors so wide that they cover the whole map (I guess, we have no such maps, except Derbies, but that's a bit of a different story).

Cheers,
Andrei

I did try that, make some wide sector points, but when I tried to load track, game got stuck on loading screen, Had to kill the game to get back to desktop.

Sector point #1

Left - 0,-250 Right - 150,-250 These spline points are way behind wear my car where it start on the track.

Sector point #2

Is there a trick to doing this Andrei? 

But doing this for a race track, would not work to well if needed to reset your car. Your car would get reset way out in the boonies.   :o

I did try that, make some wide sector points, but when I tried to load track, game got stuck on loading screen, Had to kill the game to get back to desktop.

Sector point #1

Sector point #2

Is there a trick to doing this Andrei? 

But doing this for a race track, would not work to well if needed to reset your car. Your car would get reset way out in the boonies.   :o

I can check those coordinates for you when I get back to work on Monday.

As for resetting, the car always resets to the last correct Sector you have been driving in --- no matter where you wander, it remembers the last "valid position" and uses that when resetting.

Cheers,
Andrei

Purple44

Andrei Räisänen, check thread in about 3 hours. Will be doing an update what I learn this last weekend. I see you checking this thread.  ;)

Purple44

Andrei Räisänen, check thread in about 3 hours. Will be doing an update what I learn this last weekend. I see you checking this thread.  ;)

Don't have time update this thread today. So please Andrei checkout my new post here:

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,8831.0.html

Purple44

I updated my first post with some more key tips about track making.

Hey Purple,

If you still have specific questions, please just ask :)

Cheers,
Andrei