Author Topic: Purple44 custom track WIP page.  (Read 22691 times)

Purple44

Tonight I got do some testing of suicide oval track I got to working on thanks to The Very End tut on alternative routes thread:  Wreckfest track tutorial 06 - alternative paths

Thanks to End thread on alt routes I got an understanding now how to make them, but was unsuccessful of getting alt route to work to make a suicide oval track ( cars going in both directions around the oval ). But did get suicide track kinda working using a loop checkpoint:

But because there no alt route for the cars going in reverse direction, red circle popup around halfway around the track, going in either direction. I could live with the red circle, the laps were counting no matter what direction you took.

But in testing tonight, we found the team race scoring had issue with car going in the reverse direction. Zeb be in 1st going in forward direction and I be in 2nd going reverse direction. Zeb would stop well before the finish line. I kept going and game would tell me I'm in first when I got close to finish line. When I cross finish line thou, game say I was in second and only gave me 5 pts for 2nd instead of the 6 pts for 1st I should of got.

Now if I keep going in reverse direction and do another lap in 1st place and cross finish line, I got my 6 pts for being in 1st.

With this glitch in the team scoring, players going in reverse direction going get rob some points. So I'm going ditch this idea for a suicide oval.  :(

Then Zeb suggested I turn the oval into derby. I like the idea and we came up with some ideas to make oval derby "interesting". Stay tune, see how this derby arena turns out. Will add this derby arena to my Gokart mod when I re-release Gokart mod after fixing it when new beta branch Build get release.

Also going add the GRID 1 fig 8 track and one my suicide tracks to Gokart mod. If I get the old Gravel track working with the new Build, will add Gravel track too.

Learning about alt routes will help me with this track when I get back to working on the Fig 8 pack:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:40:21 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

A nice billboard that moves like Daystar's video sounds great. I think I'd like it to rotate toward you, so it becomes a higher and higher ramp until... hmmm, the other way would be good too. lol

I always liked Adam West and reruns of the old campy Batman series too. That show was made 50 years ago now. wow! RIP Adam West!

Race found some cut footage of Batman in the batmobile.   ;D   This was before the barrier laid down! :D

Daystar

I wonder what they plan on doing with her?! lmdao!                                                 

Zebulon55

They need someone to clean the Batcave.  ;D

See, they had to spray the air freshener to wake her up.  :o

Daystar

They need someone to clean the Batcave.  ;D

See, they had to spray the air freshener to wake her up.  :o

Bahahahaha!!! I like the way you think!  and Batman does not know how to aim so well, looks like he got his buddy Robin a little bit!

Purple44

This is note to myself that I started this new track modding tread:  GoKart Plus

Note: Gas bottle rocket lever:

Could use this in cops and robbers and maybe in extreme fig 8.

Mouse trap to trigger a gas bottle?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:51:27 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Updating my thread with a link to Sand pile objects

Need some sand pile objects for your custom track or want to know how to get single objects out of the Models section for Bugbear tracks in Bagedit, give thread a read.

Purple44

Post from today hosting of the GoKart Raceway Plus mod:

Over all the Gokart Mod tracks were stable, expect for the GoKart tracks.  Every race we tried ( 2 forward, 1 reverse ) crash the server by first or second turn. :(  The Tarmac 1 Bridge surive the first race but crash server the second race. That was the only times we crash the server I think.

I'm thinking I'm going have grab current version of Tarmac 3 to stop gokart track from crashing online. But will have figure a way get rid the grass if I can:

I wonder if I can get rid of the grass objects, the old tarmac 3 gokart track might still be there?

Purple44

Had a successful test of the GoKart Raceway Plus mod Monday. The gokart tracks did not crash the server this time.  :D

Now I can get back working on the Figure 8 Track Pack. First track I want to work on is Tarmac 1 Figure 8 track:

In making of the  GoKart Raceway Plus mod I learn I can get an object from the Models section of track file, delete all other objects and save file and then rename file to the new object, like sand_piles_v2_007.scne. Now I can use this object in other track files. :)

Tonight I got started on making Sandpit 1 hairpin track a little more dangerous again. If you read the Sandpit 1 has lost it "Flatout spirit" it had before the make over in new June Build! thread, you know I was not happy with Bugbear removing some the hills from Sandpit 1 hairpin track.

If you got out of control around these hills ( or you got some help getting car out of control  :P ). your car could end up airborne. And if you like treating the AI roughly, the hills were a good spot to do it!!  ;D

For the Gokart Plus mod, I wanted to add some hills back on to the track. Make track a little more dangerous. But were do I get some hills to put on the track? Was thinking of asking a modder to make me some. But last Saturday racing online, I was spectating a race on Sandpit 2 and notice a player jumping off sand piles, and taking a closer look, it look like some them sand piles were objects on the track.  :o

When I got a chance take a look at Sandpit 2 base file, I did not find any sand pile objects in the subscenes section. Then took a look in the Models section and found 91 sand pile objects. :)

I figure I did not need all 91 sand piles, so I look for sand piles that had x or z of 10 or higher. Found 9 of them. But these objects not in a single object scne file. So how was I going get to use them?

Lucky for me, I had been talking to End and he suggested I delete all the stuff in Models section except the one object I wanted. I had did this already with some of End objects, so was ready try it with the Sandpit 2 track.

After deleting all but 1 sand pile, I needed to change x,y,z on line 3 to 0, so when using object on another track map, object show up where you expect it too. Then do a save and then rename base file to the new object name, sand_piles_v2_007.

When I got all the sand pile objects that I wanted save out as single objects, I loaded them on to my barren Tarmac 2 track map so I could see them and test them with my car.

Now that I got me some sand piles objects to use, I needed to get June version of Sandpit 1 and the sand piles to load in Stuntfest so I could rotate the sand pile objects. Unfortunately, at least 1 the pine trees and 1 the spruce trees was crashing Stuntfrest and then I found out the terrain object was crashing Stuntfest too. :(

So this what I got to load in Stuntfest:

I'm missing a big chunk of track map. But I had enough of the track showing up, I was able to place objects near where I want them and did some fine tweaking in Wreckfest using the in-game free roaming camera.

The sand piles showed up a little on the bushy side in Stuntfest.

Here what the sand piles look like in Wreckfest:

I can tell ya from my testing, all 3 objects will launch your car.  :D