Author Topic: Purple44 custom track WIP page.  (Read 19591 times)

Purple44

Tonight I got do some testing of suicide oval track I got to working on thanks to The Very End tut on alternative routes thread:  Wreckfest track tutorial 06 - alternative paths

Thanks to End thread on alt routes I got an understanding now how to make them, but was unsuccessful of getting alt route to work to make a suicide oval track ( cars going in both directions around the oval ). But did get suicide track kinda working using a loop checkpoint:

But because there no alt route for the cars going in reverse direction, red circle popup around halfway around the track, going in either direction. I could live with the red circle, the laps were counting no matter what direction you took.

But in testing tonight, we found the team race scoring had issue with car going in the reverse direction. Zeb be in 1st going in forward direction and I be in 2nd going reverse direction. Zeb would stop well before the finish line. I kept going and game would tell me I'm in first when I got close to finish line. When I cross finish line thou, game say I was in second and only gave me 5 pts for 2nd instead of the 6 pts for 1st I should of got.

Now if I keep going in reverse direction and do another lap in 1st place and cross finish line, I got my 6 pts for being in 1st.

With this glitch in the team scoring, players going in reverse direction going get rob some points. So I'm going ditch this idea for a suicide oval.  :(

Then Zeb suggested I turn the oval into derby. I like the idea and we came up with some ideas to make oval derby "interesting". Stay tune, see how this derby arena turns out. Will add this derby arena to my Gokart mod when I re-release Gokart mod after fixing it when new beta branch Build get release.

Also going add the GRID 1 fig 8 track and one my suicide tracks to Gokart mod. If I get the old Gravel track working with the new Build, will add Gravel track too.

Learning about alt routes will help me with this track when I get back to working on the Fig 8 pack:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:40:21 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

A nice billboard that moves like Daystar's video sounds great. I think I'd like it to rotate toward you, so it becomes a higher and higher ramp until... hmmm, the other way would be good too. lol

I always liked Adam West and reruns of the old campy Batman series too. That show was made 50 years ago now. wow! RIP Adam West!

Race found some cut footage of Batman in the batmobile.   ;D   This was before the barrier laid down! :D

Daystar

I wonder what they plan on doing with her?! lmdao!                                                 

Zebulon55

They need someone to clean the Batcave.  ;D

See, they had to spray the air freshener to wake her up.  :o

Daystar

They need someone to clean the Batcave.  ;D

See, they had to spray the air freshener to wake her up.  :o

Bahahahaha!!! I like the way you think!  and Batman does not know how to aim so well, looks like he got his buddy Robin a little bit!

Purple44

This is note to myself that I started this new track modding tread:  GoKart Plus

Note: Gas bottle rocket lever:

Could use this in cops and robbers and maybe in extreme fig 8.

Mouse trap to trigger a gas bottle?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:51:27 AM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Updating my thread with a link to Sand pile objects

Need some sand pile objects for your custom track or want to know how to get single objects out of the Models section for Bugbear tracks in Bagedit, give thread a read.