Author Topic: Blender BGO3 Export tool [WiP]  (Read 4133 times)

Dummiesman

Here's a little WiP from me :). I hope Bugbear will not mind if I release the Blender mod tool when ready.

Since there isn't too too much detail in this post (since there really isnt much to say lol), here's proof that I know what I'm doing and am not just fibbing here : https://github.com/Dummiesman/PKGImportExport

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 07:57:14 AM by Dummiesman »

The Very End

Interesting! Keeps us updated! And I'm sure BB is ok with it :D

Finsku

Finally I can change 3dsMax back to Blender (I used Blender before 3dsMax, I don't like 3dsMax at all). I think BB will be more like happy/thankful about this.
With this you don't need expensive 3D software to make custom cars/tracks/objects for game --> Blender is free --> More mods (?)

Keep it up!  :)

Orbotnive T

:o Yess please  8)  I thought I wasn't going to even be able to try  :)

Purple44

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:20:58 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Dummiesman

I think I understand enough now to start on the exporter :)

Special thanks to 'ryakra' who I nagged at to do stuff in Max as I don't have it :P
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:53:40 AM by Dummiesman »

Dummiesman

Some more progress

Export+Re-Import - Check!

Geometry Processing - Check! (note : temporarily using only one mat)

Ingame - FAIL! :(

Dummiesman

While full exports aren't working just yet. I did a small test by using the rotation/position data for the hood + hood dummies from my export, as well as the exported materials. (I havent done texture exporting yet, hence the pink)

It's something :D
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 09:29:27 PM by Dummiesman »

The Very End

Something is better than nothing, and I'm sure you'll figure something out with the time of help ;)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks a lot for your efforts! It's already looking promising.

Please do let us know in case there's anything specific we can help with and we'll try to help.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Devin

This is awesome. I tried using max but it just didn't work at all. The problem wasn't the exporter. It was 3ds max itself. After reading this, I quickly reimported my car into blender and fixed it in just a few minutes. Now I hope that I can use this pretty soon because my Lupo GTi can't wait to be racing Tarmac 3 :D

Will there be any docs on how to use it? Specific way of setting up materials and such? Mesh-Groups?

Dummiesman

Thanks a lot for your efforts! It's already looking promising.

Please do let us know in case there's anything specific we can help with and we'll try to help.

Bugbear noticed me  :o
Sent you a PM  ;D

This is awesome. I tried using max but it just didn't work at all. The problem wasn't the exporter. It was 3ds max itself. After reading this, I quickly reimported my car into blender and fixed it in just a few minutes. Now I hope that I can use this pretty soon because my Lupo GTi can't wait to be racing Tarmac 3 :D

Will there be any docs on how to use it? Specific way of setting up materials and such? Mesh-Groups?

I may be able to release the .blend equivalent of the .max file provided with the game.

Devin

I may be able to release the .blend equivalent of the .max file provided with the game.
That would be great! It would still be nice to know what we can and what we can't do, for example the max exporter's files from my project just end as errors when trying to convert them. I'm not sure why and the example file doesn't help much because I just don't know what exactly I did that wasn't allowed. And since you seem to have figured out how that works, you might be able to help with that :D

Once this is fully done, I expect at least one new car mod every week. This is great :D

Heddly

I am really interested in your project Dummiesman and wish I could be of help. I am using Blender 2.76b 64 bit although I am more experienced with Zmodeler 2.

I want to thank you for stepping forward and using your expertise to spend so much time on this type of project. It was good to see that Janne has shown interest in your effort and I hope BB can reward you with any help you need. Keep up the good work.

Dummiesman

Some more 'technical' progress : This is an object from Blender. The mesh, pivot/position info, etc. (out of laziness I didn't bother to grab UV data from uv layers yet). Although full exports still crash the game, this proves that things are working at least semi-properly :)

You also may notice I went back to the original body.bgo3 materials (may have accidentally overwrote it and had to verify it  ::))

(also gotta give a shoutout for Janne for being so helpful  ;))

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:31:37 PM by Dummiesman »