Author Topic: Blender BGO3 Export tool [WiP]  (Read 4134 times)

Dummiesman

Fatal game crash all caused by a lights exporting incorrectly. Awch D:.

First off : the obligatory shoutout to Janne, for helping make this possible ;D
Second :  Awesome, awesome news! First successful full working Blender export in Wreckfest :)

It's not pretty, because there are still some lazy parts in my code; but as you can see: the pivots work, the steering wheel is in the right location (important because that means parented objects + rotations work).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:42:41 AM by Dummiesman »

The Very End

Great Scot! HHa, but at same time great you are finding out these things. Thanks :)

Purple44

That car should be indestructible in a derby with the purple armored skin!  :D

Good luck with your modding Dummiesman.  :D

After you get the car modding with Blender figure out, I will have a favor to ask.  ;D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Dummiesman

Sorry to post something so soon after the other. But here's some promising stuff! The flatshaded normals on the windows / doors is my fault, as well as the broken smoothing groups everywhere else (I modified the normals in Blender, they're exporting right)

The rest of the progress on this exporter shouldn't take much longer :)

The Very End

Post as much as you want, interesting to follow the progress :)

MamieNova

that blender exporter is going to massively boost the mod scene
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

Dummiesman

that blender exporter is going to massively boost the mod scene

That's what I'm hoping it'll do. Especially because I want to make my own mods as well  ;D

Textures :D

my current priority is to work a bunch more on the .blend file. It's all flastshaded, textures are missing / assigned improperly (my fault on the importer XD). I'm sorry to the 3d artist at Bugbear who will probably be in tears seeing some of his precious vertex normals being a little off, but I have no way of importing the normals due to Blenders API :(
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:51:02 PM by Dummiesman »

PsychOXRat

I can't wait for this to be completed, hopefully it'll solve issues with the 3DS Max exporter, time will tell though
System Specs: AMD FX-6300 CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX970 from GALAX

Heddly

It will be exciting to finally see what the BB example model looks like.   :o

Dummiesman

Updates ;)

I've finished off the .blend file, so that as long as you place it in the art folder, it should load up 100% OK with materials and textures. I set the LODs to seperate layers, as well as physics data.

LAYER 1

LAYER 2 (and 3 because Bugbear just copied LOD1 to LOD2  :P)

LAYER 4

For future reference to future users of this exporter, as well as Bugbear staff who may encounter someone asking for help, that made an export with this plugin:
CustomData field is set within the Custom Properties of the Object. If you encounter any customdata errors, make sure this isn't invalid (e.g. "LOL I CAN PUT STUFF HERE111!")

Now to the actual exporting

Fixed some calculations of vertex properties (I mean, what else is there to do at 3AM!?). One of the major things that was annoying me. Now there isn't much left to do :)

BEFORE

and after deformation, it got really ugly

AFTER

Oh, and of course! Everyone loves destruction.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 09:55:06 AM by Dummiesman »

gcr27

How to import cars into blender or 3ds max

sam223

How to import cars into blender or 3ds max
This tool is for exporting not importing. If you want to import models to 3dsm/blender you need them in a supported format e.g .3ds/.obj/.fbx/.stl etc etc
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Hello, I appear to be having a problem. When I go to export the map it exports fine but there are no textures even thoguh Im sure ive exported them correctly. Or at least I think I am.

sam223

Hello, I appear to be having a problem. When I go to export the map it exports fine but there are no textures even thoguh Im sure ive exported them correctly. Or at least I think I am.
You need to link to .tga textures in the location which the .bmaps will be built. Some .bmaps have to also be built in place (they contain their location as part of the file header). I dont really have much experience with tracks but i have had issues with incorrect #shaders setup on cars.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2